Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlers who just look like and act like they're dickheads in real life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Scott Steiner seems a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think The Undertaker and JBL wouldn't be the friendliest

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Scott Steiner seems a prick

Seems ?

CastorTroy wrote: »

I know JBL gets a bad rap and I’m not saying it’s not deserved but when you look at him outside WWE he seems a fierce sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »

Wasant there some claim of taker getting into a fight at a Dublin gym ??

John Cena is supposedly another one who is not the friendliest when hes not in the zone

• Advertisement

BDI wrote: »
    Was watching the dark side of the ring doc this morning about the Montreal screwjob and it seems Brett Hart decided he was the shot caller for the whole of wrestling, then went to wcw and thought he was the shot caller there.

Didn’t come across well.

Jericho can be as much an ass as he wants. Legend.
    Why can Jericho be a **** as much as he wants ? He’s had a WWE HOF career but he’s not immune to being a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why can Jericho be a **** as much as he wants ? He’s had a WWE HOF career but he’s not immune to being a dick.

He was the funniest heel of all time. There was no better wrestling moment than when somebody was in the walls of Jericho and he is roaring “ask him” at the referee.

His book is quality, he plays the asshole because that’s what his fans want.

He was the funniest heel of all time. There was no better wrestling moment than when somebody was in the walls of Jericho and he is roaring “ask him” at the referee.

His book is quality, he plays the asshole because that’s what his fans want.

The funniest heel of all time ? Ah how about no on that claim. Many wrestlers have asked the ref to ask their opponent to give up. Jericho is in no way unique in that.

Yes his books are good but again I ask why his books being good gives him the right to be a dick.

The funniest heel of all time ? Ah how about no on that claim. Many wrestlers have asked the ref to ask their opponent to give up. Jericho is in no way unique in that.

Yes his books are good but again I ask why his books being good gives him the right to be a dick.

If it’s important to you that’s fine.

If it’s important to you that’s fine.

Important to me ? You're the one who brought up Chris Jericho ffs. It's not important to me in any way.

• Advertisement

Important to me ? You're the one who brought up Chris Jericho ffs. It's not important to me in any way.

Chris’s Jericho is the best wrestler ever, if you have a problem with that, it’s your problem, you won’t even explain why you have a problem with it, it’s like you are just jealous of him,

Who was better? John Cena? Randy Orton?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Chris’s Jericho is the best wrestler ever, if you have a problem with that, it’s your problem, you won’t even explain why you have a problem with it, it’s like you are just jealous of him,

You do realise we were talking about who we think cones off as dicks in real life not about how good they are in the ring or on the mic

Also on the best ever it’s all subjective and an opinion I wouldn’t have Jericho near the top on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How could I forget New Jack, although even the idea of him getting a WWE tryout is hilarious.

3.20 is absolutely hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it too close to home to say Joe Cabray/Luther Ward?
    Looks like an arsehole and is a very grumpy man from accounts.

Joe has always been a cocky bloke. Quite sure of himself. Quite full of himself.

So since he runs ott he wouldn't be the first promoter in wrestling to be an absolute dickhead.

Okay then. Your statement that Chris Jericho is the best wrestler ever is your opinion which you are entitled to but I will very respectfully disagree on on that point.Chris Jericho is certainly one of the best of his generation and will be highly remembered by wrestling fans, but he is nowhere near the best ever.

Who was better than Chris Jericho ? How long have you got ?

Anyway that's my last post on this issue as it's clear to engage further would be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sugarman wrote: »
    I recently watched back the Louis Theroux Wrestling documentary from circa 2000 when he trained with WCW. Absolutely everyone he tried to speak to seemed like massive dickheads... Roddy Piper, Goldberg, Randy Savage and one or two other feature.

Netflix? What’s the name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Netflix? What’s the name of it?

It's one of Louis weird weekend episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

New Jack isn't a bit of a dick he's a full on scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

It's one of Louis weird weekend episodes.

Goldberg and Piper don’t come across well in that. They were far overshadowed by Sarge Dewayne Bruce at the power plant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Goldberg and Piper don’t come across well in that. They were far overshadowed by Sarge Dewayne Bruce at the power plant

In fairness Louis was asking for all the treatment he got from them. He pretty much insulted them all from the get go and this was when kayfabe was still semi alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

sky88 wrote: »
    Just after seeing him tonight but David Starr looks like dick and honestly talks some load bulls**t

Also a phenomenal pro wrestler tho like many dicks in the industry

I find this strange, this thread is about real life dickheads, whats about David Starr says real life dickhead?

Seems a very decent guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Worked near a hotel where wrestlers stayed in Belfast maybe 10yrs ago

Cena completely blanked about 6 young kids dying to met him, that always stuck with me, a photo or autograph would have been the best thing ever for them but he was a complete prick.

Big show couldn't have been nicer, he's bigger than you can imagine in person
    Rey mysterio another nice guy who took time to chat with fans

Balls Mahoney seemed nice in person, my son fell over years ago just walking past his stall and he stopped everyone queuing for autographs and sat with him until he stopped crying. Son who’s a teenager now didn’t even know who he was, was just passing,

A fella who used to do a bit of commentary had nothing nice to say about any of the other American lads that came over to work the indie scene. He said they all get drunk and try act the hard man starting fights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

sugarman wrote: »
    I recently watched back the Louis Theroux Wrestling documentary from circa 2000 when he trained with WCW. Absolutely everyone he tried to speak to seemed like massive dickheads... Roddy Piper, Goldberg, Randy Savage and one or two other feature.

They were all backs against the wall and far far far too serious to Louis.

The vibe I always get off the wrestling business is that it's wholly over flowing with thin-skinned people. This near default setting comes cross in a large percentage of shoot interviews. Sometimes the bitterness and pettiness from present wrestlers and wrestlers of old borders on cringy.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Interesting thread... there’s definitely quite a few who come across as dicks in real life. But I don’t reallt even include Nash, Orton, Brock as they don’t seem to care and that’s just their normal personality.

Cena and Rollins (especially cena) just strike me as highly disingenuous and insincere.

Other mentions to Flair, Sasha, Punk, Hogan, Bully Ray, Enzo,

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Interesting thread... there’s definitely quite a few who come across as dicks in real life. But I don’t reallt even include Nash, Orton, Brock as they don’t seem to care and that’s just their normal personality.

Cena and Rollins (especially cena) just strike me as highly disingenuous and insincere.

Other mentions to Flair, Sasha, Punk, Hogan, Bully Ray, Enzo,

Yeah I've never bought the whole cena sunshine and rainbows act. His twitter account is just full of these typical American phrases. He's known to have **** over the nexus getting a win at survivor series(I think) even though edge and either Jericho or orton or both were all for them going over but wade Barrett heavily implies that cena pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yeah I've never bought the whole cena sunshine and rainbows act. His twitter account is just full of these typical American phrases. He's known to have **** over the nexus getting a win at survivor series(I think) even though edge and either Jericho or orton or both were all for them going over but wade Barrett heavily implies that cena pull a fast one.

It was edge and Jericho who tried to talk him out of it remember hearing them talk about it on jerichos podcast

Honestly I think even the majority of the good guys in wrestling have prob craped all over stuff as let’s face they all have egos

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It was edge and Jericho who tried to talk him out of it remember hearing them talk about it on jerichos podcast

It was Summerslam 2010, where Edge & Jericho tried talking Cena out of the original plan.

Honestly I think even the majority of the good guys in wrestling have prob craped all over stuff as let’s face they all have egos

It's show business, everyone's got an ego, or highly inflated opinion of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Absolutely.
    Big money and fame involved in WWE.
    But apart from egos, wrestlers are "needy cu*ts" to quote Al Snow :pac:

It's gas tho. Like, this is only my opinion, but why does WWE need road agents / producers for matches when you think about it?
    ... Someone could argue that when you have two inexperienced wrestlers going at it a producer will help. That's fine but main eventers also have producers.
    ... One could say it's so whatever creative wants happens. A fair point.

But I'd say a large portion of needing a producer is because you cant simply allow two guys to put together their own match :pac:
    Who ever has the most pull will be trying to eat up the other. You'd have nothing but squash matches if someone didn't step in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

On a thread about dickheads in pro wrestling the last name I'd have expected to crop up is Matt Riddle. That guy is a gent, ridiculously laid back and honestly if anyone deserves success it is him. Was lucky enough to meet him once and he really couldn't have been nicer, just a legit cool guy.

Advertisement