Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlers who just look like and act like they're dickheads in real life

Options
  • 25-10-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭

You know what I mean :pac:
    Wrestlers who just look like or act like they're jerks in real life. Something about them. Something that goes beyond a "character" they play in the ring. Something that shines through. Any names you think?

Matt Riddle is one for me. Comes off as a very smug man.
    Pete Dunne is another. Just looks like someone you wouldnt have anything to do with :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kevin Nash looks like a smug git but god I love that man

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seth Rollins gives off the impression he’s a bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Cody Rhodes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good example.
    I like Nash. He's funny and you get a laugh out of him in his various shoot interviews. But yeah he is a dick at the same time. It really shines through.

Scott Hall is another. Man, I liked Razor back in the day. Who didn't. However comes off as very unlikeable.

And in contrast bar Sasha banks who is known to be less than pleasant to fans outside the ring, all the other female wrestlers seem to be lovely people. From what I’ve read a lot of the male talent are sound heads outside the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Orton looks like a twat and there are plenty of stories to back that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Randy Orton seems a smug prick. There prob all have good and bad days like every human. Paige and the other divas prob get so much creepy attention.

Hogan and Ric Flair are supposedly not as they seem in real life and are rude

I've seen a few live shoot interviews in person with various wrestlers and out of them all Edge seemed the soundest. Goldberg meh he did spend a few mins after the show to shake a few peoples hands (he shook mine ha) but seems like he has a short switch and he could go mental on ya any second. Bret hart and HBK were ok but think HBK seemed more fun. Bret always seemed quite in himself anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CM Punk, The Hardy's and their oddball families, Bully Ray, Nasty Boys, JBL, Austin Aries....probably loads more.

Not assholes but complete bullsh!tters I'd have Russo, Bischoff & Prichard in the same bracket of being so full of crap I wouldn't even believe them if they told me my name.

I thought Vince & especially Hogan both came across as disingenuous in the Andre doc.

Not really a bad person but Mick Foley can come across as creepy around the Divas.

Dont really buy anyone who finds God either as its just used so much as a crutch for excusing past behaviour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does Enzo Amore still count as a wrestler? :pac:

theres something about the bucks too that’s just a bit dickish

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Orton looks like a twat and there are plenty of stories to back that up.

Early WWE randy Orton does seem to have believed his own hype way too much but if you follow him on social media since he got married again he seems to have matured and grown up.

Does Enzo Amore still count as a wrestler? :pac:

I mean technically but the term wrestler is doing some heavy lifting when you use the word wrester and enzo Amore together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean technically but the term wrestler is doing some heavy lifting when you use the word wrester and enzo Amore together.

He's more of a wrestler than he is a musician? rapper? anyway.

ERG89 wrote: »
    He's more of a wrestler than he is a musician anyway.

Ah yeah consentual penis that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jericho comes across as being supremely up his own arse but unfortunately he backs it up.

Jericho comes across as being supremely up his own arse but unfortunately he backs it up.

One of the reasons I stopped listening to his podcast was that he’s far to up himself and I love him too much to start disliking him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Baron Corbin just seems like a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Would it be easier to find wrestlers who aren't dickheads in real life? The vast majority of them strike me as pricks really.

Bar The Rock of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This thread needs Leggo tbh.

Would it be easier to find wrestlers who aren't dickheads in real life? The vast majority of them strike me as pricks really.

Bar The Rock of course.

Yeah for all the success the rock has had outside wrestling he does come across as a really nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Kevin Owens seems sound once you don't hassle him when he's with his family. Balor is supposed to be a decent fella. Of the female roster, I don't think I've ever seen a single negative comment on Becky outside of the ring. Everyone seems to love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Yeah for all the success the rock has had outside wrestling he does come across as a really nice guy.

Very down to earth too from what I can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is it too close to home to say Joe Cabray/Luther Ward?
    Looks like an arsehole and is a very grumpy man from accounts.

Just after seeing him tonight but David Starr looks like dick and honestly talks some load bulls**t

Also a phenomenal pro wrestler tho like many dicks in the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://youtu.be/z-Vs7P5cbqQ

Why does he have a crutch ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/z-Vs7P5cbqQ

Why does he have a crutch ?

Well his hips are in bits and knees too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bret Hart

Was a huge fan of him growing up , but wasn't really impressed by him when I met him , looked as if I was interrupting his day getting his autograph ....at a meet and greet and looking back now at old docs and interviews and things he defintely comes across as a prick

Bret Hart

Was a huge fan of him growing up , but wasn't really impressed by him when I met him , looked as if I was interrupting his day getting his autograph ....at a meet and greet and looking back now at old docs and interviews and things he defintely comes across as a prick

I don’t know if I’d call Bret Hart a prick, but in fairness what he and family have given to the wrestling business and the tragedies they have had as a family because of it, you can’t blame Bret for being at times less than chipper about wresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don’t know if I’d call Bret Hart a prick, but in fairness what he and family have given to the wrestling business and the tragedies they have had as a family because of it, you can’t blame Bret for being at times less than chipper about wresting.

All that goes without saying his family and his own contribution to the wrestling business is unquestionable being honest , I still love him mind , just relaying my personal expeirience with him , btw same night I met Rhyno (sound) and Scotty 2 Hotty who was probably the soundest wrestler I've ever met and is quite laid back and calm compared to the mental dancing dude he portrays in the ring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Was watching the dark side of the ring doc this morning about the Montreal screwjob and it seems Brett Hart decided he was the shot caller for the whole of wrestling, then went to wcw and thought he was the shot caller there.

Didn’t come across well.

Jericho can be as much an ass as he wants. Legend.

Advertisement