Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Racing Syndicate Banned - Kemboy grounded

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

abarkie wrote: »
    I understand the article said it is was ok to enter the horse.

I'll know better than to contribute moving forward

I was joking at the whole affair Abarkie, not you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Maybe the chairman of the HRI will sort it out.

He'll be in good form after his horse landed a touch in the opener at Dundalk on Friday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Unsavoury no doubt but HRI are an agricultural organisation run by AKA complete Chicago untouchables.If any Individual thinks otherwise we'll your arse is in your ****ing head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cant open in work - what is the news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cant open in work - what is the news?

Willie Mullins said on Monday morning that he expects the issues preventing him making entries for Cheltenham Gold Cup favourite Kemboy to be resolved “in the next day or so”.

Whole article:

Willie Mullins said on Monday morning that he expects the issues preventing him making entries for Cheltenham Gold Cup favourite Kemboy to be resolved “in the next day or so”.

Kemboy and more than 20 other horses owned by the Supreme Horse Racing Club have effectively been barred from running since last month by a suspension initially placed on the ownership syndicate by Horse Racing Ireland.

That escalated a couple of weeks ago when HRI announced all registrations of horses under the ownership of Supreme Horse Racing Club have been voided following a persistent failure to provide requested information.

The syndicate will no longer be allowed to own or part-own horses registered under Rules in Ireland.

That has led to speculation that Kemboy and others could potentially be left in limbo but Mullins suggested on Monday that he expects to soon be able to get back to business as usual with the highest-rated chaser in training.

He said: “I know there is a lot of behind the scenes work going on and and from what I can gather that could all be sorted in the next day or so. It’s very, very close to being resolved.”

Entries for the Savills Chase, at Leopardstown over Christmas, close this week and Mullins said: “We are all trying to make that deadline and at the moment I would say that looks good.”

Kemboy is a general 6-1 chance to win the Gold Cup.

He unseated his rider at the first in last season’s renewal before winning in fine style at Aintree and then defeating his stablemate, Al Boum Photo, who won the Gold Cup, in a stirring Punchestown Gold Cup.

His official rating of 177 is 1lb higher than that of Cyrname.

Can you do that in future please Gav ffs :pac:

Better suggestion, get a new job which allows racing/gambling sites :D

Better suggestion, get a new job which allows racing/gambling sites :D

No, i like my job!

• Advertisement

He said the same thing about a month ago hoping kemboy would run in down royal. Understandable, he wants to run them as he’s getting paid 2k per month along with 10% prize money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

BumperD wrote: »
    He said the same thing about a month ago hoping kemboy would run in down royal. Understandable, he wants to run them as he’s getting paid 2k per month along with 10% prize money

I'd be shocked if the had it sorted by the end of this week tbh. It sounds an awful mess.

I'd imagine there is more chance the next place we see the syndicate members is in court rather than on the race track.
    I don't know anything about it just as an fyi. Purely speculating.

BoldReason wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if the had it sorted by the end of this week tbh. It sounds an awful mess.

I'd imagine there is more chance the next place we see the syndicate members is in court rather than on the race track.
    I don't know anything about it just as an fyi. Purely speculating.

It seems more wishful thinking than reality on WM part.

Once the training bills stop being paid things will get even messier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

People are talking about Kemboy like he is a mix of Denman and Kauto.....
    he is 0/2 @ Cheltenham and prior to last spring was regarded as no better or worse than Bellshill or Al Boum Photo
    People would want to calm down about this lad. His being fav for the Gold Cup makes no sense to me atall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

he is 0/2 @ Cheltenham and prior to last spring was regarded as no better or worse than Bellshill or Al Boum Photo
    People would want to calm down about this lad. His being fav for the Gold Cup makes no sense to me atall

In fairness he beat the Gold Cup winner 3 weeks after destroying the King George winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

if him being favourite for the gold cup does not make sense to you i would suggest you pack the game in

Margate wrote: »
    if him being favourite for the gold cup does not make sense to you i would suggest you pack the game in

Who the fooook is this guy............?!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i think and hope lostintranslation wins the gold cup. hes a lovely stamp of a horse

no money on it though. gave up gambling .

still have a big interest in the sport though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Seems they have managed to sort out the mess sufficiently to be able to enter horses again. Genuinely surprised by that. Hope they manage to figure out the exact shareholdings next.

Surprised too. They can race but prize money / HRI accounts locked up until it’s resolved. I guess the horses run for now but if the prize money is not flowing owners are going to be funding something that is still opaque so tricky road ahead for those involved ( except the trainer who gets paid :)).

• Advertisement

I wonder if this horse wasnt with Mullins, or a GC winner, would the syndicate get the same treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyalAcademy2

I wonder if this horse wasnt with Mullins, or a GC winner, would the syndicate get the same treatment?

But apart from that you're happy? As you are familiar with everything that went on in the background involving owners, lawyers, and HRI perhaps you'll tell us the answer?

But apart from that you're happy? As you are familiar with everything that went on in the background involving owners, lawyers, and HRI perhaps you'll tell us the answer?

Yes. But thats legally privileged information, i cannot disclose same.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Yes. But thats legally privileged information, i cannot disclose same.

Thanks for the PM with the real scoop Slattsy. Incredible stuff going on there alright.

No probs, please delete that pm and destroy your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Omg I wonder what colours Kemboy will be in? Lol

Big shame Kemboy couldn’t run in the King George. He’s made for that you’d think. Wouldn’t be convinced about him in the Gold Cup but he deserves to be the price he is. Was mega impressive on his last 3 completed starts.

Big shame Kemboy couldn’t run in the King George. He’s made for that you’d think. Wouldn’t be convinced about him in the Gold Cup but he deserves to be the price he is. Was mega impressive on his last 3 completed starts.

ok, reading this there is no way you are the original Wickla!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Kemboy will run under the Kemboy syndicate David Skelly is the agent.
    looks like each of supreme racing horses will have separate syndicate's set up Aramon syndicate has been set up also with David Skelly as the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

ok, reading this there is no way you are the original Wickla!

Why’s that? Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Kemboy Syndicate - ROYAL BLUE, yellow disc, yellow diamonds on

sleeves, royal blue cap

Advertisement