Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Racing Syndicate Banned - Kemboy grounded

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Labaik is entered in the Morgiana hurdle, would be some come back to win a Grade 1

won a crap supreme

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Scum, I hope these people go to jail.

It'll be interesting to see how much Willie knew about the shenanigans going on here.

Jail? In this country? Hahahahaha we give people with 200 previous convictions suspended sentences.

Jail in Ireland Francie that made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyalAcademy2

I would say the "rules" around this club or syndicate are probably very opaque. It is difficult to define exactly what the SRC modus operandi is. It is far more than simple syndications and involves leasing, fractional ownership and often bigger more significant shares and occasionally a combination of all three. They evolved over the years and added and subtracted from experience gained. There is always just one piece of advice if you part with your hard-earned for any adventure: caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It was discussed briefly on ITV4 - "ITV Racing: The Opening Show" this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Some startling revelations on https://twitter.com/CobraBloodstock/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

Is wpm not part of supreme triangle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

th hen wrote: »
    Is wpm not part of supreme triangle ?

You can be certain that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Don't know why anyone would want to be part of one of these? Get **** all say or share in a horse and even the ones that are run half days right you still get raped with fees!
    If you can't afford it stay out losers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Motivator

I came across a couple of lads today that were in the Supreme “club”. Lads who used to sit in the pub talking about “their” horse and belittling others because they didn’t have horses in training with Willie Mullins. They’d actually wear their scarves into the pub around all the big festivals and give tips for “their horse”. I think they had a 5% share between them and two others. They clubbed together to buy a 1.25% share each in a horse.

They got laughed out of it today!

• Advertisement

The Irish Field, Saturday October 26 2019

Supreme scandal
    HRI demand shareholder details from Supreme Horse Racing
    All 30 horses barred from entries until further notice
    Mark Costello

THE future of the 30 racehorses registered to Supreme Horse Racing is in doubt following Horse Racing Ireland's decision to ban entries and declarations for horses controlled by the group.
    HRI took the drastic measure having failed to receive satisfactory answers from Supreme's administrators following complaints from shareholders.
    Set up in 2011 as a racing club, Supreme evolved into a syndicate in recent years in order to comply with HRI rules. It is thought to have up to 500 members.
    However, following complaints this summer from a number of shareholders - particularly those involved in top chaser Kemboy - in August HRI sought a full list of shareholders in all the Supreme horses and the percentages owned by each member.
    While some information was forthcoming, it is understood that the details did not correspond with the claims lodged by the aggrieved shareholders. In the absence of a full explanation, HRI moved this week to freeze funds held in the Supreme account and placed a stop on entries being made for their horses.
    It appears that there is little hope of the ban being lifted until more is known about who exactly are the shareholders in each horse. Efforts by The Irish Field to contact Steve Massey and Jim Balfry of Supreme Horse Racing for a comment were unsuccessful.

What next for Kemboy and Supreme Horse Racing?
    Jonathan Mullin, HRI's director of communications and corporate affairs, said: "This week we have had contact from more Supreme syndicate members, whose concerns are similar to those voiced by others, and we are grateful for their assistance. However, we are still waiting on the breakdown of the shareholdings from the Supreme management"
    Under HRI rules it is not permitted to transfer ownership without that information. While there has been an indication that the missing information could be supplied next week, a source closely involved with the matter expressed some doubt as to whether that would happen.
    All the Supreme horses are trained by Willie Mullins and there is no suggestion that the trainer has any involvement in the running of Supreme Horse Racing.
    Airlie Beach and Aramon have given Supreme Grade 1 success over hurdles. Pique Sous won at Royal Ascot in their colours and Cadmium landed the Topham Trophy at Aintree for them last April. But Kemboy elevated the syndicate to another level with his Grade 1 wins at Leopardstown, Aintree and Punchestown last season.
    The seven-year-old gelding races in the name of Supreme and principal shareholders Brett Graham and Ken Sharp. It was the New York-based Graham who approached HRI with his concerns this summer. He claims to own 40% of Kemboy but this did not tally with information supplied by Supreme.

Account suspended
    HRI owner relations manager Aidan McGarry said: "Horse Racing Ireland has engaged with Supreme Horse Racing Club to seek information to resolve a number of queries and concerns.
    "Following an unsatisfactory response from Supreme Horse Racing Club, Horse Racing Ireland, under Horse Racing Ireland Directive 15, has suspended Supreme Horse Racing Club's ownership accounts from all activity, including the running of horses from Monday, October 21st.
    "At all times Supreme Horse Racing Club was aware that the penalty for the non-delivery of the information requested by Horse Racing Ireland would be that a hold would be put on all entries and declarations for horses registered by Supreme Horse Racing Club."
    Other shareholders are understood to have contacted the Garda Siochana and various crime agencies with their concerns.
    Supreme's money-spinning mare Listen Dear was sold this week at Doncaster for £38,000 on the instruction of Willie Mullins.

New directive
    In July HRI made a requirement of all syndicates and racing clubs to draw up a Code Of Conduct and have it signed by each member. While Horse Racing Ireland is not managing the day to day running on the syndicate or club, it does place the responsibility on the agent to ensure what is included in their Code Of Conduct is implemented.
    A full list of a syndicate's members, including names, addresses and phone numbers, along with the share breakdown held in each horse, must be lodged with HRI.
    However, HRI says it is beyond its remit to settle internal disputes. In a letter sent to some Supreme members this week, HRI said: "Suspending Supreme Horse Racing will not resolve many of the issues that have been raised by individual members. HRI is not in a position legally or under rules to make judgements on many of the issues brought to our attention by concerned members. This is for individual members to follow up by seeking legal advice, should they so wish to."
    As things stand, it appears that there is no obvious way to allow the Supreme horses to race until the full list of rightful owners is known.

This was a good report in The Irish Field.
    I do not have permission to use their report but I hope they will allow it.
    It tells us plenty, and perhaps will replace speculation on here with fact.
    For anyone with dealings with the syndicate the above report tells you HRI has already been contacted by concerned syndicate members.
    I am sure The Irish Field will continue reporting on this in future editions.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/willie-mullins-suspended-supreme-racing-just-got-too-big-for-one-man-to-manage/406667

Kemboy's dramatic suspension from racing – along with those in the same ownership as the Cheltenham Gold Cup favourite – may be explained by management becoming overwhelmed by the rapid growth of the Supreme Horse Racing Club, trainer Willie Mullins said on Wednesday.

Ireland’s champion trainer admitted at a media event that he was aware of grumblings within the camp before Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) froze Supreme's account on October 21. That intervention came after requests for paperwork relating to the ownership of horses were not sufficiently met.

Owners in the syndicate have claimed that horses, including Kemboy, who cannot race until the dispute is resolved, were oversold, as well as further claims of financial impropriety by the club.

Kemboy: is the Supreme Racing Club's prized asset
    Kemboy: is the Supreme Racing Club's prized asset
    Alain Barr
    Supreme is listed as being run by Steve Massey and Jim Balfry, but Mullins, who trains 14 horses for the owners and remains hopeful the authorities can come to a swift resolution, said much of the onus for running the syndicates lay solely with Massey.

“Supreme Racing got very big," said Mullins. "I mean it's a very big operation for one person to manage. It just seems to be one man in charge and trying to operate the whole thing.

“I know he's had other complications away from racing, and that his wife was very sick during the year, so he possibly just needs a little bit of help sorting the whole thing out.

“There's a lot of paperwork involved and a lot to keep on top of. That all has to be resolved. There's a lot of paperwork that needs to be caught up on, that's my understanding on the whole thing.”

He added: “I'm paid up to date. I know a lot of the Supreme Racing people and they are a fantastic bunch – a keen bunch of owners. It has to be resolved quicker than how things are moving at the moment, but hopefully it will.

“The authorities have to do what they have to do but they are in contact with them all the time. A meeting took place last week and I understand some of the issues were resolved.

“There's another meeting scheduled for later this week which could be crucial and I'm hoping it will resolve a lot more issues if not all of them. It [the club] might be able to get back up and running. I'd be hoping for that.”

Listen Dear: was sold at Goffs UK for £38,000 last week
    Listen Dear: was sold at Goffs UK for £38,000 last week
    Patrick McCann (racingpost.com/photos)
    Asked if the suspension of Supreme’s account had come as a shock to him, Mullins added: "I knew there were differences of opinion about certain things. I thought they might be able to resolve it among themselves. Maybe it needs some outside help to resolve it.”

Supreme came under further fire for selling one of their star mares, Listen Dear, for £38,000 at Goffs UK last Thursday, the same day the news broke of the suspension.

Some owners are understood to be in the process of taking legal action, including seeking an injunction to prevent the nine-year-old racing, in an attempt to have the sale voided and stop funds being distributed to Supreme, who they claim sold the horse without their knowledge.

But Mullins is adamant there was nothing different about the selling process of Listen Dear compared to any other horse he had sold in the past.

Mullins said: “There's nothing different about Listen Dear than with any other owner. We sold a couple of other horses at that sale. When owners ring me up to sell a horse I sell it.

“My understanding is that, under the rules of the club, the majority dictates whether the mare is sold or not.

“There are horses in training sales every day of the week and normally the owner just tells the trainer to sell and that's what they do. There's a lot of red tape involved with selling a horse and we've to get vet's certs and all that sort of thing.

"The sales houses know the trainers well and they wouldn't know every individual owner and when they're dealing with every individual syndicate member it becomes a nightmare. The one point of contact is the trainer.”

Goffs UK: where Listen Dear was sold by the Supreme Horse Racing Club
    Goffs UK: where Listen Dear was sold by the Supreme Horse Racing Club
    Sarah Farnsworth
    Listen Dear sold last week following a return to form when winning by eight lengths in Listed company at Limerick, and Mullins added: "Remember, that decision [to sell] was made before Listen Dear won. At that stage, everybody wanted out of her. There might have been a couple of guys who changed their minds after she won at Limerick. The decision was made before that run at Limerick, which was very much a last throw of the dice.”

Mullins will not be involved in any meetings between HRI and Supreme and remains concentrated on the training of their horses until instructed otherwise.

“Nothing has changed at the minute. I can only sit and wait and hope that the whole thing is resolved,” he said. “It's between Supreme and HRI to resolve it and, as far as I know, they're working towards a resolution all the time.

“My understanding is that they're trying to have a meeting before the end of the week. I just want to train them and do as I always do.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Margate wrote: »
    won a crap supreme

Fairly put Melon to the sword and he had been the talking horse all that year and has came second in two (admittedly average) Champion Hurdles since. There was a poster on here not sure if he's still around, Gringo something or other was the username.

He was putting Labaik up for months based on the work the horse was doing at home and getting ridiculed for it (which was somewhat fair given the horses history of refusing to jump off and the fact most people who pretend to know what's going on in top yards are spoofing). Then Jamie Codd said the exact same at the preview night in The Goat, "he's the best work horse I've ever seen, if he jumps off he has a chance".

Jack Kennedy's first winner at the festival and he was blessed with a steering job. Pity the horse never got a chance to achieve it's obvious potential between temperament, injury and dubious ownership, he clearly had a massive ceiling.

Fairly put Melon to the sword and he had been the talking horse all that year and has came second in two (admittedly average) Champion Hurdles since. There was a poster on here not sure if he's still around, Gringo something or other was the username.

He was putting Labaik up for months based on the work the horse was doing at home and getting ridiculed for it (which was somewhat fair given the horses history of refusing to jump off and the fact most people who pretend to know what's going on in top yards are spoofing). Then Jamie Codd said the exact same at the preview night in The Goat, "he's the best work horse I've ever seen, if he jumps off he has a chance".

Jack Kennedy's first winner at the festival and he was blessed with a steering job. Pity the horse never got a chance to achieve it's obvious potential between temperament, injury and dubious ownership, he clearly had a massive ceiling.
    i forgot all the group 1 races melon has hoovered up

You must have also forgot how to read as I said nothing of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

There are group races in NH??

There are group races in NH??

Is there any difference calling them grade or group to actually bother typing out a boring reply

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Is there any difference calling them grade or group to actually bother typing out a boring reply

Yes there is ;)

From the man who bothers typing out nonsense strawmen replies.

Daraa wrote: »

Very surprised to see listen dear declared tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

"Breaking: HRI has announced that Supreme Horse Racing Club will not be permitted to be owners or part-owners of racehorses registered in Ireland"

"All registrations of their horses, including Gold Cup hope Kemboy, have been voided due to failure to provide HRI with information"

https://twitter.com/RacingPost/status/1195023824036737026?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

When it says void is he a free agent or will he be sold to Ricci and the shareholders that were conned by Supreme get money back??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

You'd like to see him sold and the lads get their few bob back. Hopefully they're enough proof re. the shares that will ensure so.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

HRI are equivalent to big Bill Thompson and to row in with this seriously corrupt organisation is akin to support soap opera/reality show Intellectuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Isn't there a report today saying a person has proved they own 40% of kemboy?

Think it is in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

abarkie wrote: »
    Isn't there a report today saying a person has proved they own 40% of kemboy?

Think it is in the sun

Yep, another lad has proved he own's 70% and his wife own's 45%..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Last month called, it wants it's joke back!

Syndicates are all about the craic.

I also own 105% of Kemboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I understand the article said it is was ok to enter the horse.

I'll know better than to contribute moving forward

Advertisement