Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Blacks v Irish property developers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭boetstark

At least we still have the soccer team

Now that is funny ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

boetstark wrote: »
    I'm sure neighbours pay a premium to live alongside your ilk.
    Said it before from living here 19 years, if there was a begrudgers world cup the Irish would own the title.

The 'Irish' of Boards.ie or social networks.
    Most real Irish are not a bit like them. I'm a long time living and a long time on social networks and even I am surprised by the vitriol, rage and warped jealousy crawling out of dark miserable places tbh.

It will go back in, in a while when it gets light, trust me. :D

The fans let themselves down by booing during the Haka, you would have thought they would have been told when they were going to their private school that it's bad manners to do someting like that.[/quote
    Specsavers are doing an offer on hearing aids at the moment.
    Irish fans sang during the haka. Very common practice with other countries when the kiwis do their dance.

Motivator wrote: »
    They don’t stand for the Irish national anthem, they mean sweet F A to me. They got their arses handed to them today by a proper team. The writing was on the wall for a long time with this crowd and they got humiliated from start to finish. Joe Schmuck out the door with his reputation in tatters in this country. There were grown men crying into their moustaches in gastro pubs and wine bars across Ireland today. EMBARRESSING
    Genuinely don't mean to be insulting but are you moderately retarded.
    What part of not the national anthem do we have to explain. Please tell me you do understand that the team that represents us is NOT the Irish Republic and never has been.

doughef wrote: »
    There not my team ... they don’t represent me.
    Cheers though
    Who is your team??
    , England b soccer team. Followed by some of the neediest creeps I have ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

boetstark wrote: »
    Who is your team??
    , England b soccer team. Followed by some of the neediest creeps I have ever seen

Of which one player wasn't born in Ireland, do keep up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Yes.

Phrenology1-233x300.gif

As you can see on this chart, the degenerate working classes, with their simian brows and thuggish instinct, lack the intellectual capacity to learn complex regulations and rules. Scofflaws and gutterboys have no place in the Sport of Lords.
    The Irish team were contemplating the rules while the other teams were running rings around them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

blinding wrote: »
    The Irish team were contemplating the rules while the other teams were running rings around them .
    Rather unfairly the NZ team has their equivalent of skangers and culchies on the field.

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Rather unfairly the NZ team has their equivalent of skangers and culchies on the field.

:mad:
    The Irish Upper Classes should not really allow the Lower Classes in any Country play Rugger .:eek::D

doughef wrote: »
    I can’t wait until the ars* falls out of the rugby all together .
    A baron decade ... sponsors running for the hills ., and all the kids hovered up by the GAA...

.. a proper organisation 😎

You should buy a basic spelling dictionary in Easons before embarrassing yourself on a public forum. I was going to point out the spelling error but I reckon you might get weeks of enjoyment trying to find it.
    I'm sure Pat McDonagh of Supermacs agrees with you about how well the Grab All Association is organised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    And yet she has to run for Australia because of some ludicrous regulation despite her own wishes to run for Ireland.

She couldn't run for Ireland in the 2015 World Championships because her personal marathon best was outside the qualifying time set by Athletics Ireland. She chose to represent Australia instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

She couldn't run for Ireland in the 2015 World Championships because her personal marathon best was outside the qualifying time set by Athletics Ireland. She chose to represent Australia instead.

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What time does the team arrive back in Dublin airport today?
    Will there be an open-top bus bringing them to the city centre?

washman3 wrote: »
    What time does the team arrive back in Dublin airport today?
    Will there be an open-top bus bringing them to the city centre?

Don't be silly, we only do that when the soccer lads get dumped out at QF stages. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

How much money has been spent on making Mr. Bundy Aki Oirish?
    Years and years as a project player to play one world cup game against a Tier 1 Nation (Scotland).
    Probably too old for the next world cup.

Don't be silly, we only do that when the soccer lads get dumped out at QF stages. ;)

Ah we'll have to wait until Friday night so to watch a few of them on the Late Late Show. Might even get a standing ovation..;)
    Might even be a book or two to promote....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Outside the Six Nations, has Ireland ever won a major international sporting contest at anything at all?

Ah we'll have to wait until Friday night so to watch a few of them on the Late Late Show. Might even get a standing ovation..;)
    Might even be a book or two to promote....

And why not? Beats one of the Italia 90 team being on, yet again to relive Packie make that save again....yawn.

The queue for ritual disembowelment and hangings of the rugby team is that way >>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Outside the Six Nations, has Ireland ever won a major international sporting contest at anything at all?

The compromise rules series..if you count that as a sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

At least we still have the soccer team

:D:D:D

Such comedy

For a real game of football put Delaney out on the pitch and let the fans kick the shlt out of him around the place for 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Different strands of " clever"

Rugby has extremely complicated rules, you would need to be a doctor or brilliant legal mind, doesn't mean the sport is all that much of a spectacle but it's not remotely simple like Gaelic football is
    laws of rugby are not that difficult or complicated in most areas of the game.
    Bambi wrote: »
    Actually Rugby does appear to be quite a pricey past time

Expensive school with the extra curricular activities costing a fortune
    Coaching & Supplements

I know 4x4 mummies who pushed their primary school kids into rugby because they think its great for networking, for both the kids and them:D
    except going to an expensive school isnt necessary to play the game. Most dont take supplements

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

How about 'going out of a world cup' at QF stage? Are we sick of that yet?

FFS, what a stupid comparison. Italia 90 was a failure, so was The US and so was the Euro's.
    Jack Charlton failed too. But we get it replayed as some sort of high point again and again.
    Why? Because reaching the World QF's of that sport is an achievement for a country of this size.

And we all had colossal fun and managed to keep it in perspective and didn't lose our **** and dignity trying to troll the forum of a sport and people we clearly dislike. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bitterness and bile about something else in your life. You might want to fix that.

Bitterness and bile? Think you're projecting there my friend.

Fact is, a world cup quarter final in a competition where the entire world takes part is a far greater achievement than a world cup quarter final where 10-15 countries take part. But, you know that.

Saturday's kicking will hurt for a while Francie but you'll pull through. Chin up.

Would the Eurovision fit into that category....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Here's a better pub quiz one: Outside of Italy and France what other nations take part in the Six Nations?

Answer f**k all

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Would the Eurovision fit into that category....:)

If that were a competition with only 5 other contestants, 2 of which never have a hope of winning even Louis Walsh would end up sending a couple of winners.

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Bitterness and bile? Think you're projecting there my friend.

Fact is, a world cup quarter final in a competition where the entire world takes part is a far greater achievement than a world cup quarter final where 10-15 countries take part. But, you know that.

Saturday's kicking will hurt for a while Francie but you'll pull through. Chin up.

Entire world?

You need to get out more young fella!

The majority of pro soccer beauts wouldn't last ten minutes in a rugby game. No comparison tbh.

BTW I enjoy soccer as much as the next man, it just would not fill me with anything other than the deepest despair to be on soccer forums after a team has a bad tournament having a go. Or any other sport's forums for that matter. The onslaught of pure bile after this QF is s a sight to behold.

It would be 'get a life' time for me.

With the 'best rugby fans in the world' all making their way back from the 'land of the rising scrum' over the next few days, can we expect to see bumper attendances at most AIL games next weekend.?? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Entire world?

You need to get out more young fella!

The majority of pro soccer beauts wouldn't last ten minutes in a rugby game. No comparison tbh.

BTW I enjoy soccer as much as the next man, it just would not fill me with anything other than the deepest despair to be on soccer forums after a team has a bad tournament having a go. Or any other sport's forums for that matter. The onslaught of pure bile after this QF is s a sight to behold.

It would be 'get a life' time for me.

Ok Francie. I seem to have annoyed you with things i didnt say. Best of luck in 4 years. That semi-final will happen someday. At least there's no qualification to worry about ;)

As for the "wouldnt last ten minutes" comments - great stuff. Tough men. Mighty. Now add some ball skills and, crucially, some bottle to that toughness and maybe your lads wouldnt be getting humiliated on the biggest stage. Anyways, chin yup Francie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

laws of rugby are not that difficult or complicated in most areas of the game.

except going to an expensive school isnt necessary to play the game. Most dont take supplements

I enjoy watching rugby ( prefer soccer but watching rugby since I was nine) but still can't understand rules surrounding rucks, breakdown etc

I can recognise turnovers and the aftermath of rucks but the technical details i struggle with, doesn't really hinder my following the game but i sort of have to wait while many phases of a game sort themselves out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I enjoy watching rugby ( prefer soccer but watching rugby since I was nine) but still can't understand rules surrounding rucks, breakdown etc

U working class?

Advertisement