Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Blacks v Irish property developers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

The Irish football team v Switzerland had 10 from the 11 born in Ireland in it the other night
    It’s not like jacks days now , very much Irish . Prob why we get beat easy !

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I can’t wait until the ars* falls out of the rugby all together .
    A baron decade ... sponsors running for the hills ., and all the kids hovered up by the GAA...

.. a proper organisation 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Niall Quinn is a long streak of piss

I think Niall Quinn is a creep:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I
    The rugby players are posho wannabe sex offenders and the Irish soccer squad are mostly English.

That's not really true. Most of the Irish team were born in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

The Irish rugby team, their fans and the media that constantly hype them up got a rude awakening on Saturday morning. It's one thing to be outplayed by a better team but it's another thing entirely to fail to execute the basics of the game and play with no heart. This was an Irish team that was beaten before the All-Blacks even finished the haka. You could see the fear in their eyes.

For the vast majority of the Irish population rugby has always been and will remain a minority sport played and funded by the professional classes who send their children to private schools. They never were and never will be the team of us until they broaden the appeal of the support to the great unwashed.

Can you imagine how immense Michael Murphy from Donegal or David Clifford from Kerry would be on the rugby pitch? They probably never got the chance to play because Daddy isn't a dentist or a solicitor. A sport that elitist doesn't deserve the support of the whole country and will not get it.

Nothing against the chap, but here's a picture of Jordan Larmour back in his hockey playing days.. Like, What percentage of Irish people have even held a hockey stick in their lives? You see how it's difficult to empathise with these people when the only thing you have in common is a shared nationality.

popSdEi8j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Its weird. You'd imagine soccer would be the gentile sport and rugby would be played by thugs but its the other way round. Rugby is a tough physical game and not everyone could play it. You need to respect the rules and your opponents and if you don't things could get out of hand very quickly. People with poor discipline and short fuses wouldn't last long in rugby. Rugby league has less rules and is less strategic, so appeals more to working classes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Some people seem to suffer with some sort of inferiority complex.

"OMG he played hockey, he's clearly way above my station!"

Rugby league has less rules and is less strategic, so appeals more to working classes.

What, exactly, do you mean by that?

What, exactly, do you mean by that?

Its less tactical, more easy to understand.. akin to trench warfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Its weird. You'd imagine soccer would be the gentile sport and rugby would be played by thugs but its the other way round. Rugby is a tough physical game and not everyone could play it. You need to respect the rules and your opponents and if you don't things could get out of hand very quickly. People with poor discipline and short fuses wouldn't last long in rugby. Rugby league has less rules and is less strategic, so appeals more to working classes.
    So you're saying Jewish people are thugs!?

• Advertisement

Its less tactical, more easy to understand.. akin to trench warfare
    So the working class are less clever than the middle classes? Were there studies completed to confirm this? This is the kind of thing that alienates the ordinary man in the street from rugby and its supporters.

So the working class are less clever than the middle classes? Were there studies completed to confirm this? This is the kind of thing that alienates the ordinary man in the street from rugby and its supporters.

Ok we'll call it less educated then, am I saying anything that isn't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

you sure?

Yeah, I think you are.
    You are saying that a doctor's son would find it easier to pick up the rules of rugby than an electrician's son. I'm calling bull**** on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Need to be well fed for rugby

That costs money :)

Yeah, I think you are.
    You are saying that a doctor's son would find it easier to pick up the rules of rugby than an electrician's son. I'm calling bull**** on that.

Am I?

Don't mind him, he's just trying to distract from his weird anti-Semitic remark.

Don't mind him, he's just trying to distract from his weird anti-Semitic remark.

Easy tiger

Easy tiger
    boring.
    Gentile means not Jewish. I think you meant genteel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

International sport is a joke in Ireland, I rarely follow any of it.

...Then you have the likes of Sinead Diver who’s one of the best runners from Ireland but she has to claim for Australia because of some ridiculous and obscure rule. What a waste of time.

By best runners from Ireland you mean the fact she was born here, but moved to Australia in 2002 and didn't start running until 2010 and received all her high performance coaching & training in Australia. Probably not the best example...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Once ABE wins, I'm happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

wassie wrote: »
    By best runners from Ireland you mean the fact she was born here, but moved to Australia in 2002 and didn't start running until 2010 and received all her high performance coaching & training in Australia. Probably not the best example...

Born and raised in Ireland, yes. She was well into her 20s when she left. You couldn’t be more Irish than her. And yet she has to run for Australia because of some ludicrous regulation despite her own wishes to run for Ireland. Ridiculous. Could only happen in Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Born and raised in Ireland, yes. She was well into her 20s when she left. You couldn’t be more Irish than her. And yet she has to run for Australia because of some ludicrous regulation despite her own wishes to run for Ireland. Ridiculous. Could only happen in Ireland. :rolleyes:

Ignoring your nonsense post on the football team though, good deflection.

Ignoring your nonsense post on the football team though, good deflection.

Deflection? What do you think this is, a press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Different strands of " clever"

Rugby has extremely complicated rules, you would need to be a doctor or brilliant legal mind, doesn't mean the sport is all that much of a spectacle but it's not remotely simple like Gaelic football is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sleepy wrote: »
    Jaysus, some of you lot have some serious chips on your shoulders. Should those of us with no interest in soccer condemn it as a game for knackers because our best player of living memory was a scumbag from Cork? Wouldn't seem fair fair to the likes of Niall Quinn.

Robbie Keane isn't from Cork....

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Different strands of " clever"

Rugby has extremely complicated rules, you would need to be a doctor or brilliant legal mind, doesn't mean the sport is all that much of a spectacle but it's not remotely simple like Gaelic football is
    Yes.

Phrenology1-233x300.gif

As you can see on this chart, the degenerate working classes, with their simian brows and thuggish instinct, lack the intellectual capacity to learn complex regulations and rules. Scofflaws and gutterboys have no place in the Sport of Lords.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Need to be well fed for rugby

That costs money :)

Actually Rugby does appear to be quite a pricey past time

Expensive school with the extra curricular activities costing a fortune
    Coaching & Supplements

I know 4x4 mummies who pushed their primary school kids into rugby because they think its great for networking, for both the kids and them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Ross? Is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭boetstark

doughef wrote: »
    I hope NZ hammer the shyte out of them.

Sick of this #teamofuscrap

Let’s just move on

I'm sure neighbours pay a premium to live alongside your ilk.
    Said it before from living here 19 years, if there was a begrudgers world cup the Irish would own the title.

Advertisement