Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Congrats on the offer. That's quite a short window to accept by I would have thought.

Don't think this reflects demand on other panels, as in could be from a promotion or retirement coming up in that location, but at least good to hear some recruitment is taking place still with all the recent change.

I think you could be right as I sent them a further email asking about possible start date and they came back saying that further information to follow shortly and they would hope to on board as soon as possible. This would be a strong indication that it is as a result of a promotion or a retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Number 1 for Donegal. No offer yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

Number 1 for Donegal. No offer yet!

Did you come number 1 nationwide or did you ask for your Regional position

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Anyone that was taken in the sept batch last year looking in? If so when did you get notice?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

BJG524 wrote: »
    Anyone that was taken in the sept batch last year looking in? If so when did you get notice?

Thanks

From looking at last years thread it was late May early June however they only then submitted proof of qualification and Garda vetting which we have already submitted so our turn around time shouldnt be as long.

• Advertisement

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    From looking at last years thread it was late May early June however they only then submitted proof of qualification and Garda vetting which we have already submitted so our turn around time shouldnt be as long.

I have just accepted a position and due to start in July.

Due to Covid-19, if you are offered a position you will need to provide scanned copies of all the documentation, the Garda vetting form etc. again as they can't access the information originally submitted when working from home.

Once I supplied my documentation the turnaround time was very quick and my contract was issued this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Due to Covid-19, if you are offered a position you will need to provide scanned copies of all the documentation, the Garda vetting form etc. again as they can't access the information originally submitted when working from home.

Once I supplied my documentation the turnaround time was very quick and my contract was issued this morning.

Congratulations, what county are you for?

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Congrats film that's great news for you. Best of luck and do come back and let us know how you get on.

The wait continues for the rest of us I was a bit excited there for a minute when I saw that there were updates thought it was more job offers.

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Congratulations, what county are you for?

Thank you. I was called to Cork.

• Advertisement

Thank you. I was called to Cork.

Any word on training?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Merrymac

BJG524 wrote: »

Thanks

I started 2nd Sept 19-from 2018 TAC COMP Offered early June,did Garda vetting etc and received contract on 31/07/19 Bear in mind vast majority of staff currently working from home so may be some delays hearing back

Merrymac wrote: »
    I started 2nd Sept 19-from 2018 TAC COMP Offered early June,did Garda vetting etc and received contract on 31/07/19 Bear in mind vast majority of staff currently working from home so may be some delays hearing back

What is/was the training like?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Merrymac

What is/was the training like?

Training locations may differ depending on where you are based and on whether you are assigned to a trainee auditor role or a position in another compliance or tax area.A mixture of Revenue Branch Training and Irish Tax Institute currently May or not change going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

I contacted Panel placements re possible Sept intake and they advised that

"Unfortunately at the minute we do not have an update regarding the next large scale planned update due to Covid 19."

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

I just hope even if intakes are delayed that they dont start a new panel again as that seemed to be the norm previously!

Clarkeel wrote: »
    I contacted Panel placements re possible Sept intake and they advised that

"Unfortunately at the minute we do not have an update regarding the next large scale planned update due to Covid 19."

Disappointing to hear but not unexpected. Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Doesn't even sound like retirees will be replaced at that rate then. Hopefully the panel will be kept alive a bit longer but couldn't really fault them if they ran another competition with the expectation of a better pool of candidates to choose from now

Anyone had any update on this, I emailed looking for an update from panel placings on the 16th of June but have still had no reply?

And apologies to anyone thinking this would be an update.

Anyone had any update on this, I emailed looking for an update from panel placings on the 16th of June but have still had no reply?

And apologies to anyone thinking this would be an update.

Hopefully no news is good news as the saying goes.

• Advertisement

If places were offered they'd have to soon maybe they'll skip the September intake and wait till January 2021 due to Covid

doc22 wrote: »
    If places were offered they'd have to soon maybe they'll skip the September intake and wait till January 2021 due to Covid

But would that not be a new competition by then?

But would that not be a new competition by then?

Could be, They may contact us before the panel is set up for new comp in Dec and offer Jan start dates. They mightn't run a new comp for a while either

I'm surprised that there is still no movement made on this panel, do you think they will hold off until people retire in October? Has anyone sought an update?

I'm surprised that there is still no movement made on this panel, do you think they will hold off until people retire in October? Has anyone sought an update?

Ive emailed twice with no response :( I cant see why they would hold off till October as we would need to be trained in...

Ive emailed twice with no response :( I cant see why they would hold off till October as we would need to be trained in...

I think most Revenue staff are WFH, I'm not sure how they plan to facilitate training atm. Anyone working in Revenue hear any plans??

I've emailed also with no response.
    I was hoping no news is good news but more likely they just don't know themselves what the plan is.

doc22 wrote: »
    Could be, They may contact us before the panel is set up for new comp in Dec and offer Jan start dates. They mightn't run a new comp for a while either

I would like to think that if they know there are places needing to be filled for January in say October that they will be offered to existing panels however anything is possible.

Anonire wrote: »
    I've emailed also with no response.
    I was hoping no news is good news but more likely they just don't know themselves what the plan is.

Any update would be welcome at this stage even if it is a delay

• Advertisement

WFH continuing till at least September, so I wouldn't be expecting movement

Advertisement