Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

jd10st wrote: »
    I emailed panelplacing to see if there was any movement on my OOM either nationally or locally and they replied saying that I hadn't moved on either.

Has anyone being able to find out if their OOM has moved?

I don't think the oom nationally matters any more now as you will only be offered if a job in your selected region is available and you are next on that panel so you could be offered before someone who finished with a better oom if they have chosen a region where there is no current jobs.
    They will also be offering off other panels internal competitions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Ya the only appointments made so far seem to have been the Dublin panel, all the regional panels placements seem to be starting in September.

Does anyone know could we be offered positions on other EO panels in our areas or is this panel completely segregated?

Anonire wrote: »
    I don't think the oom nationally matters any more now as you will only be offered if a job in your selected region is available and you are next on that panel so you could be offered before someone who finished with a better oom if they have chosen a region where there is no current jobs.
    They will also be offering off other panels internal competitions etc.
    NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Ya the only appointments made so far seem to have been the Dublin panel, all the regional panels placements seem to be starting in September.

Does anyone know could we be offered positions on other EO panels in our areas or is this panel completely segregated?

I think it did mention on the booklet something about other offers however I'm hoping my offer if it shows up will come from revenue.

The lack of any updates is very annoying.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jd10st

Seconded

• Advertisement

As far as I know the only other update we will get is if we get a job offer.

Anonire wrote: »
    As far as I know the only other update we will get is if we get a job offer.

That's why the wait is so annoying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Someone was given an update above, September at the earliest, if at all

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Someone was given an update above, September at the earliest, if at all

September will be the start date, so I would expect to hear May/June/July.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

September will be the start date, so I would expect to hear May/June/July.

I emailed panel placements last week. They said that the next big recruitment is Sept and locations will be confirmed late May/early June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jd10st

This process will be well delayed with all that is going on I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Do you think there's a chance they will speed up this selection process? I'm seeing revenue being VERY busy in the coming days/weeks/months.. wonder will they hire sooner?

I was wondering the same thing with the extra work they have taken on but then there must be other areas that will slow down as not as many businesses to be calling out to now.
    I don't think we will hear anything until the situation stabilises to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Happy4 wrote: »
    Do you think there's a chance they will speed up this selection process? I'm seeing revenue being VERY busy in the coming days/weeks/months.. wonder will they hire sooner?

Doubt it . Most people are trying to work from home and a lot of people have been redeployed to contact tracing or DESP

Sounds like it's a busy year to be in Revenue hopefully they will take a good bunch off this panel for the next intake..

Here's hoping.. nothing happening for ages now..

Don't suppose anyone has looked for an update to see is the September intake still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MW2020

No ive heard nothing and dont see much point in contacting them at moment until we know when current restrictions are going to lift a little.

As much as I would love one I wouldn't think there is any point contacting for an update.
    Here is hoping that there isn't a recruitment ban on the way. So close but yet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

I have just received an email from Revenue offering me a place in Cork - so emails should be issuing :)

• Advertisement

Huge congratulations to you. Great to see some movement. I hope they reach me.

So are we on a panel.. is there no more interviews etc to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Going off previous panels its unlikely as recruitement just starting now it seems from it and the panel will expire after september intake and new comp announced

The interviews to form the panel were done in December. Did you interview in that batch?

Thank you :) I hope they get to you on the panel.

Thank you :) I hope they get to you on the panel.

Congrats :)

What number were you for Cork, do you know?

Did you get a start date and any info on the training?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Anyone get a call for Donegal?

Congrats :)

What number were you for Cork, do you know?

Did you get a start date and any info on the training?

Thanks.

I was 2nd on the Cork panel.

No other info so far. It was just the offer email and to confirm if you wished to accept the position or not by this Friday 15th May at 5.30pm.

I assume more information will follow after that.

If anyone is still on here that started in January I would be interested to hear more about the training? I am a qualified accountant with an audit/practice background so I wonder what help, if any, that would be to me in the training process.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Well done!

Hoping for other areas currently, top 3 in 2 locations and been on this panel high up previously but was no recruitment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Thanks.

I was 2nd on the Cork panel.

No other info so far. It was just the offer email and to confirm if you wished to accept the position or not by this Friday 15th May at 5.30pm.

I assume more information will follow after that.

If anyone is still on here that started in January I would be interested to hear more about the training? I am a qualified accountant with an audit/practice background so I wonder what help, if any, that would be to me in the training process.

Congrats on the offer. That's quite a short window to accept by I would have thought.

Don't think this reflects demand on other panels, as in could be from a promotion or retirement coming up in that location, but at least good to hear some recruitment is taking place still with all the recent change.

Advertisement