Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Might be wishful thinking. But think outdoors will remain at 100 per cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭spakman

That's very wishful because its already been brought down to 50%.

Maybe it will get put back to 100% in early Jan, all depends how next few weeks go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Outdoor events are still at 100 per cent. Indoor 50 per cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭spakman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Does anyone know how the booking of the tickets for the championship games will work, will ST holders get access to the tickets before they go on general sale? One advantage of the old system was that you could get decent seats, or at least not crap ones. If we only get access to tickets next year at the same time as the general release then there will be a lot bad seats on the go for ST holders, another downgrade! A big one for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Trampas

my guess it’ll be nose bleed seats or corners for final. Other games they’ll be slowly moved into less advantage seats. They’ll could well use the you’ve 24 hours to select your seats after that you’ll take what is available

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

If they're not tracking attendances and all ST holders are eligible for an AI final ticket once they've purchased a ticket for all (with one opt-out) championship games, is the only difference of the Club+ ticket that you don't have to purchase tickets to any championship games? You could pay €250, attend nothing, and you are still eligible for an AI ticket? Am I reading that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭muddle84

Nope, Club + means you get free into all club games into your county, thats the only difference now. By the looks of it for the season ticket or the Club + you buy the ticket and have one opt out. That means you can get out of not buying a ticket for one championship game. For the rest of the championship games you have to buy the ticket regardless if you're going or not. If you don't buy the tickets you won't be eligible for a final ticket. All not tracking the attendance means is you don't have to go to the games and get your tickets scanned, it doesn't mean you get out of buying the ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bamburys

With the club plus option, do you get free access to a county's streaming service for the year for club games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

What is the story about the league hurling do you still have to attend all the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

No you don't have to go to any of them, attendance not being tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭HBC08

What the advantage of a club plus ticket now over a Croke season ticket?

We used to get jackets,suitcases,gillets! All sorts,heady days,now it seems you just get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I presumed that is what you paid the 150 euro for was the league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Hi all, just wanted to double check something as I'm about to renew.

1. To qualify for All Ireland tickets, you have to buy a ticket to every Championship fixture (bar 1) for your county?
    2. I can still transfer tickets to others who may not have a Season Ticket (e.g. let them log-in to my account?)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

Anyone else having difficulty with website?

Haven't been able to renew ticket all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is Club + only applicable for County you buy for?

Eg, I live in Kildare but have a Donegal Season Ticket. If Club + only covers games in Donegal it isn't much use to me (I know the County gets the money, I suppose), but if I could go to club games in Kildare I would get more use from it....

I think I know the answer but thought I would ask anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭C4000

It's only for the county that the season ticket is for unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but has anyone heard anything about the Parnell Pass renewals?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭HBC08

As I understand it only 2 counties (Mayo and dublin) sell out their Croke Park season tickets,they both have additional schemes after that too which have different names but are basically club Plus.

Club plus made sense for me in previous years as it was the only season ticket I could get and although it was a bit more expensive I was delighted to have it.Ill sign up again this year even though there's very little difference now between club plus and normal croke Park pass except its twice the price.

If I was a Donegal supporter for example I'd just get the croker season ticket and save yourself half the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pretty miffed that the attendance requirement is gone.

Will not help league attendances on a cold damp January Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

I don't think it will impact much

The people who buy Season tickets are nearly always those who attend everything anyway from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Perhaps. But speaking for myself there's been a few evenings in the past that I most certainly would have wavered had I not had to get the 60%.

I'm sure I'm not alone there. Hopefully the lack of games this last 2 years will mean we've a serious attendances for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I wonder is it in case they have to reduce capacities next year.

Might see it come back again.

I think its because of the burden of managing it and maintaining all that goes with it! Just my theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

A word of caution for those yet to renew - in the email I got (Mayo ST holder) it states that renewals are open until 8pm on 5th January. However when you log in to the portal to renew, there's a "Due Date" of 3rd January (no time given).

I've emailed them about it so hopefully they will synchronize it but just be careful if you planning on waiting until the last couple of days to renew in case that due date isn't a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

From what I can read on the season ticket website, the 1-opt-out rule only applies to the hurling season ticket, which makes sense given that there is the round-robin format in hurling.

Overall, the hurling season ticket looks far better value because of the round-robin format, and the first 2 championship games are included in the price, compared to one in football. Also, hurling fans usually don't have to travel that far in the league as most games are concentrated in the 'south' (forgive the geographic generalisation).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Has anyone been able to get a non club+ ticket when you have a club+?

I have my Dads and my own, paying out 500 euro before Christmas is a disaster. I want to downgrade but there is no option.

I don't think we will get anywhere near the bulk of games so like 2019 we will be left paying out big(ger) money and nothing for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Advertisement