Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Emailed them a couple of weeks ago got a reply back due to the present circumstances at the moment the numbers are going they are monitering the situation before they make a final desision for 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Have the league fixtures even been announced yet or the championship draw?

all usually done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,166 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bloody government are really a shambles and quite frankly scaring organisations into altering plans

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

The virus is not going away nearly three thousand cases to day i say that is a lot of the problem.

Hard to see the GAA bringing back the season ticket scheme esp with the restrictions slowly starting to come back in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭C4000

Good news in the Examiner this evening:

"Central Council also heard at the weekend that national season tickets will return next season for the first time since 2019.

The successful loyalty scheme was put on hold the past two seasons due to Covid but the plan is expected to be promoted in the run-up to Christmas with the start of the leagues at the end of January in mind"

In the Independent today: Season ticket prices to increase to 150 euro, or 250 for club plus version.

Also "For All-Ireland final tickets, season-ticket holders have been guaranteed purchase of a ticket if their county is involved, but it’s not clear if this will remain part of the package.".............

Surely they wouldn't try and remove the all ireland tickets guarantee, which is probably the reason for 90% of people buying them in the first place?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I assume the €150 would need to cover more matches otherwise it would be as cheap to buy tickets individually?

In hurling, you're guaranteed 5 league matches at 15 euro each (€75) plus you get a 'free' ticket for one championship match at €20 and €5 off three other guaranteed round robin matches....that's €110 total, so you'd have to be getting to knockout stages of league/championship to have a chance of breaking even.....

You do also get club final tickets and are able to attend league matches not involving your own county, but not everyone will avail of these options.

So, as you say, it doesn't look like great value, particularly if you end up missing a match or two for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭HBC08

I don't think the GAA were happy with the season tickets once counties like Mayo and Dublin started selling out their full allocation ( I know in Mayo for example there's a waiting list and the tickets have been sold out since 2015)

With one or both of these counties making the final every year since the GAA had less control over tickets and I don't think it sat well with them. A good case in point (although unusual circumstances) was that season tickets holders didn't get final tickets this year with a 40k capacity, that shows you the regard they are held in.

With the price increase (its €200 up to €250) in my own case it would make it completely pointless if I didn't have the option to buy a final ticket should we get there. I suspect many might be thinking along the same lines.

It'd a dumb move if thats what transpires.Again I can only speak from experience from following Mayo but it's mostly the season ticket holders who go to away league games,we had nearly 5000 make the 6 hour return trip to Ballybofey in deepest darkest Jananuary last year.It was almost funny watching the lights of all the cars ahead of us and behind us snaking along in convoy in the dark around windy roads in Donegal.Stuff like that is why I love the GAA and going to games.

The people in charge have already added on a 50% increase in ticket prices that's quite a jump,they'd want to think long and hard about their next move.

• Advertisement

Fully agree. And, as was highlighted around the time of the all ireland finals, tickets were being distributed to clubs and other organisations around the country when many season ticket holders had little hope of accessing them. I ended up having to pay a serious amount of money in a charity auction to get tickets to the Hurling Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hazel Rebel

Shameless cash grab by the GAA adding 25% onto the cost of season tickets

They’d have some neck to charge that and not include an all ireland ticket.

That price is far too high as it is even if it does include it, no chance I’d buy one without that carrot and they’d have to include a second game free too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

So the question is do ye mainly go to those away games so that you can be guaranteed a final ticket?

You could skip all the league away games and still qualify for a ticket.

Not sure about any of the rest of his/her points. Doesn’t think the Gaa like the season ticket scheme. I’d say they absolutely love it.

And in regards to the Season Ticket holders not get any of the 40k tickets for the final? There were no season ticket holders last year so thats a mute point too.

If you have the club plus (€200 or now €250) ticket, attendance doesn't come into it, you'd get a final ticket regardless.

Id say the majority of season ticket holders would go to most/all games for the enjoyment of it.

It's great to plan a couple of weekends away around February/March to coincide with league games in Cork/Wexford/Kilkenny or wherever. If you're lucky with the schedule you might even be able to tie in a raceday at Gowran Park or somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I've been a Season Ticket holder for the last 7 years. 100% attendance every year bar one where I missed a League game against Galway.

If the guaranteed All Ireland ticket was removed I wouldn't bother.

Cost wise €120 was just about breaking even, even when you take into account going to every game.

No idea why the GAA thinks people will pony up the money in advance without any benefit.

I'll probably renew esp with Walsh Park in Waterford looking likely to be at a reduced capacity due to the Redevelopment

Be nice if the GAA released the league fixtures before the season ticket opens up. Could be a few lengthy away journeys if we have to play Laois and Antrim away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭muddle84

I can only speak for myself and the people I go to games with. Three of us have club plus tickets so we don't need a set attendance rate to be guaranteed an AIF ticket, so to answer your question no. We still go to the away games, nothing to do with an AIF ticket!

The Master fixture list, which usually includes dates for individual league matches, should be available this week. The Examiner are reporting the main details of it today so obviously have a copy.

• Advertisement

In most cases no,I have a club plus ticket so I don't have to attend any games and can rock up to Croke Park on final day,same with the other sizable numbers in the Chairde Maigh Eo scheme.

If you have a ticket you're more likely to say sure come on we'll head up to Donegal on Sat night or Monagahan on sun or let's make a weekend of it in kerry. From my own experience the season ticket adds to this culture.Also the odd time I don't go to a game I offer my tickets to friends or friends of friends and they might go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Trampas

Attendance will drop if they get rid of final ticket. Let’s be honest that’s why the vast majority of Dublin supporters have it. Can’t speak for other counties. I’m sure they’ll push us into corners and upper tiers for final instead of the prime seats. Even though they’re getting tens of thousands extra if we weren’t buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

I'd agree that the removal of the All-Ireland ticket and the increase of price makes renewal more difficult to justify. I would encourage ticket holders to email the season ticket office and express their unhappiness as it seems to me from the way Keys report was written that a kite was being flown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I did up a chart on the cost of the season ticket down through the years. Will try find it.

I have the Mayo season ticket since 2009, when it cost €75. League match's were €15 then. League match's were reduced to €13 and season ticket went up to €90. League tickets can be bought in the shops now for €10 and season ticket was increased to €120.

There’s no way they are going to get rid of the final. Apart from reading it on a post here I’ve not read it anywhere else.

Absolutely no where in that article does it state they are getting rid of it, because they aren’t getting rid of it.

Fair enough,nothing definitive and if it was from a lot of other journalists I would discount it.

"For All-Ireland final tickets, season-ticket holders have been guaranteed purchase of a ticket if their county is involved, but it’s not clear if this will remain part of the package"

I happen to agree with you that they can't take away this option but there's a bit of kite flying going on I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭toffeeshel

They could increase the attendance percentage required to qualify. As it stands just going to the home games is enough to qualify for a ticket to the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 metron

From Four Masters GAA on Facebook on Thursday:

***Fógra from Croke Park re 2022 Season Tickets***

Season Tickets for 2022 are going on sale next week. We have been given confirmation of the following prices and distribution to counties.

Adult (Intercounty only): €150. County receives €50

Club +: €250. County receives €150

Juvenile €30.

There will be some notable changes to next year's Season Ticket.

* No physical cards - All match tickets will be available on online accounts

* No attendance tracking - No minimum attendance to qualify for All Ireland tickets. ST holders still need to buy for all championship games (One Opt out available) to qualify for All Ireland tickets

With no attendance tracking there will be no need to have season ticket specific stiles on match day and will eliminate any attendance queries and complaints.

All Season Ticket holders from 2020 will have the opportunity to renew their Season Ticket.

Advertisement