Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Omniplex

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

How'd it go?

Still waiting to hear back it takes a few days

Dish out a few shlaps to the innocent fool

100% or at least tell him what I really think when my kids aren’t there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

100% or at least tell him what I really think when my kids aren’t there

assaulting some lad for doing his job,

classy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

gwalk wrote: »
    assaulting some lad for doing his job,

classy

I'm sure he was only joking about dishing out a few shlaps

I'm sure he was only joking about dishing out a few shlaps

100%

internet hard men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was so angry we’d all been looking forward to it, when he said no refund I was literally in shock

You did not miss out on a whole lot anyway. The film is not great. Its boring, dull dark and overrated. Go see Gemini Man instead its a much better film.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    You did not miss out on a whole lot anyway. The film is not great. Its boring, dull dark and overrated. Go see Gemini Man instead its a much better film.

It's a great film to be fair

Perhaps you didnt understand it because you've spouted that opinion on a few threads now

It's a great film to be fair

Perhaps you didnt understand it because you've spouted that opinion on a few threads now

Internet troll man

So I seen this movie this evening and all I can say is its not a very nice movie at all. In fact I thought there was some plot points in it that did not get finished are got lost in the movie. I thought it would have worked much better as a series. Why someone would want to go see a movie so bleak and dark I do not know. I regretted going to see it myself. I say save yourself money and see it when its on the T.V as there is nothing in this film that means you need to go see it in the cinema. I actually enjoyed the trailers before the film more than the film itself.
    I would give it a 2 out of 10.
    Just back from watching this today and have to say I really enjoyed it. So much better than the last overrated dull film I went t see aka ''The Joker.

This is funny, it has action, it has a clever story with twists and turns.

It was very strange watching the young Will smith and hearing the same voice coming out of him and when they are both together it was quiet funny.

I would give it 7 out of 10.

Internet troll man

See theres 3 posts moaning about the joker being crap,

hardly trolling now is it invisibleman?

Passport.

You should never bring your passport anywhere except for travel.
    There are fairly heavy consequences for losing it and it remains property of the Dept.

When I used to see people bring their passport out to pubs/clubs and just drop them back in a bag or coat pocket...:eek:

• Advertisement

See theres 3 posts moaning about the joker being crap,

hardly trolling now is it invisibleman?

what's this thread about ?
    Check your privilege.

what's this thread about ?
    Check your privilege.

Privilege? Hahahahahaha K

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Keep it civil please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

1) Cinema was right to ask for ID.

2) Cinema should have made some movement in relation to the refund.

3) It is not a film for 16s I think. I would not have brought my kid to it.

4) Joker is a great film.

5) Gemini man is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Do they need to bring their birth certs?

No use. Could be anybody's ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

I was in that Cinema a few weeks ago.

I had brought a ticket to see a film but nobody checked my ticket when I walked up the stairs.

If you go in there at certain times you can get in for free.

Y
    There are fairly heavy consequences for losing it and it remains property of the Dept.

I lost me passport years ago and it was no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Rathmines seem to be enforcing this aggressively as policy, I heard to men giving out about the exact same thing last week, both were refused entry or refund. I saw one of the kids and he looked over twenty, he was 18 and had a drivers licence but just had not thought he'd need to bring it, I didn't see the other man's "kids" so I don't know how old they looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You should never bring your passport anywhere except for travel.

When I used to see people bring their passport out to pubs/clubs and just drop them back in a bag or coat pocket...:eek:

You can get a passport card. It goes in your wallet.

Lets be honest, there are no consequences for losing a passport beyond having to pay for a new one. Im sure loads are lost all over the world every day.

We're talking about a trip to the cinema anyway, not going out on the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was in that Cinema a few weeks ago.

I had brought a ticket to see a film but nobody checked my ticket when I walked up the stairs.

If you go in there at certain times you can get in for free.
    Not really. If the cashiers see someone go up the stairs that hasn't bought a ticket, they can contact the office that's at the top of the stairs.
    Lets be honest, there are no consequences for losing a passport beyond having to pay for a new one.
    If you have lost your passport or had it stolen, your replacement passport may be valid for a restricted period.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Not really. If the cashiers see someone go up the stairs that hasn't bought a ticket, they can contact the office that's at hte top of the stairs.

The cashiers never stopped me walking up the stairs and I have bought a ticket a few hours earlier.

HorseSea wrote: »
    Rathmines seem to be enforcing this aggressively as policy, I heard to men giving out about the exact same thing last week, both were refused entry or refund. I saw one of the kids and he looked over twenty, he was 18 and had a drivers licence but just had not thought he'd need to bring it, I didn't see the other man's "kids" so I don't know how old they looked.

There seems to be no common sense, From a PR point of view it’s counter productive, I won’t go back that’s for sure.

There seems to be no common sense, From a PR point of view it’s counter productive, I won’t go back that’s for sure.

You should go back there when its not busy and try and get in for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

So I bought my twin 16 year old kids tickets to see the joker last night, they look 16 and were with me, so when we go to enter we are told they need I’d, now my kids are taller than me and look about 18 and what kid carries I’d, but fair enough rules are rules , so I ask to see the manager as we are all embarrassed and just want a refund or voucher for something else, but then a man child manager tells me no refund, and in fact he has done this to many people so it’s not personal? Well I hope I meet him again as I live in rathmines. I emailed a complaint and they said no refund and showed me the small print. So be warned anyone going with teens, they robbed me of 40 euro.

I was a manager in UCI Tallaght back when it opened and more than a few times I had to deal with this type of situation but we always offered tickets to another movie or a refund. The idea that you were refused service and then told you could not have your money back is ridiculous!

I lost me passport years ago and it was no big deal.

You should be aware that:

Any passport reported as lost or stolen is no longer a valid travel document and you should not try to travel on a passport which has been reported as lost or stolen.
    If you have a poor passport record, (that is, you have lost 2 or more passports) it is likely that a limited passport facility will be given to you for specific travel purposes. On each occasion on which a new passport is issued to you, (even when the passport is being issued for a limited time) you will have to pay the full cost of this passport.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/passports/replacing_a_lost_or_stolen_irish_passport.html

Advertisement