Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Dragons Den. I've always loved this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

edited out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do they still teach mental arithmetics in primary school? Doesn't look like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was 1000% sure that I’d the dentist tomorrow but on checking the appointment card, not till next Friday… I don’t mind the dentist these days but it’s always poxy going and coming back from there on Fridays…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It would have been like taking sweets from a toddler! He was such a nice guy and was helpful within his capabilities.

I'm an honest type of person anyway, and didn't need the extra tenner. Might be a different story if I couldn't afford my weekly shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In some cash handing jobs, the staff have to make up any shortfall in their till at the end of shift.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

nothing to do tomorrow and no human distractions…

Plenty of sport, nice healthy lunch followed by a Chinese for dinner which I haven’t had in about 3 years… which is a bit mad considering I’m beside a totally kick ass Chinese restaurant that do take away.

The weather today. Absolute scorchio ☀️☀️☀️ it was like a summers day 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Lost my favourite Ray-Ban Carbon Aviators that I’ve had less then a year, worth about 150 euros… gave up looking yesterday but doing a massive clean just now… and..found ! well if you put carbon sunglasses on a black carbon surface as in my sound system they disappear from view… but recovered..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It wouldn't normally be my sort of thing but I just flicked onto BBC1 where The Fast and The Farmer-ish is on, a tractor driving competition. The Bogman from Northern Ireland are against an English team (three against three). Loads of slagging.

People will watch anything...including me! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m after renting Napoleon Dynamite. Absolutely love that film. That’s my injection night entertainment sorted 😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's not trivial, but I'm delighted this barbaric practice is ending here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0330/1289320-fur-farming/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Except for the part where it says "disposal" cost of mink. They'll be slaughtered, anyway... but yes, wonderful news to hear it's being stopped. About time, too.

Yes, that's a kicker, but the poor mink will have had an awful existence and at least this will be the end of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Chilly but nice and bright out

My dentist was today not tomorrow, went perfectly well….

a late lunch after in one of my favourite pubs, happy..

Although, post worst of the pandemic, prices….fûck…it’s a pub !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Coursing will hopefully be outlawed too. I remember passing by where it was being held I Clonmel one day and I felt sick to my stomach.

To thine own self be true

Another thing that should have been consigned to the past long ago.

Best day of the year so far. Dry, sunny and chilly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Tues gone,.. buddy and I sat by a lake.. felt the sun on our faces,. listened to the wildlife.. (ducks and birds).. twas blissful.. I highly recommend it.. in then garden, by a river/lake - where ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A bit of a flex on happy, as expected the presentation was a s*it show, would have done a better job if I hadn't rehearsed at all.

Yesterday I could see that the "bad reviews" had spread and the very ppl who ignored me when i said it was going to be bad !!!

In a weird way proving myself right and them wrong is making me happyish.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The Specsavers ads. I always get a giggle out of them .

A fried egg sambo.

tomorrow booking my first holiday since covid happened… in 6 weeks away to the sunnier skies of Portugal and a much needed change of scenery…

Good on ya Strumms. Ya put the notion in my head now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TH I discovered these at the weekend.

They were divine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Seeing the small biyeen and the little princess over the weekend, it was both their birthdays last week, 2 and 4, I can't believe how fast there growing up, I brought them two patrol teddies chase and sky and they have little torches on them in case they wake up during the night,they'll have a bit of light, hopefully they won't be too scared. This time last year the little princess was very shy around us and wouldn't come near us and now she's taking me by the hand to show me things and to go walkies 😁 and the small biyeen gave me his usual rugby tackle hug when he saw me 😁.

• Advertisement

Cousin received a phone call, didn’t loose their disability payment after all… after a lot of worry..

apparently the person on the phone sounded exasperated and dissapointed 😛

“ I’ll be handing it back before you’ll be taking it was the reply from my cousin “. Which she will, 80% back to health and fitness. Great job and the state can bite the butt end…absolute state of this country now.

Advertisement