Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Funnily enough, someone with "bones" in their username...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Reminds me of something I read a when the Greek economy was tanking, a Greek tourist to Ireland wrote to local media saying how thrilled they were to see their flag flying in solidarity all over Ireland. While it was a gaa flag local to the area(Waterford I think) . The comment almost with out dissent decided to let them think it was their flag and not correct him on it.

*Both strange to see agreement and the single most Irish thing I had seen in print for a long time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Happy that we are more tolerant of alternative life styles. Happy the church no longer holds such influence.

Post edited by wildwillow on

That we're nearly over the hump of the week and a step closer to the weekend. I don't think I've ever needed a weekend as much in my life. Roll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Knockmealdowns in the distant on a frosty morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Beautiful photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

I went to my local chocolate shop to place my order for Easter and the owner had already made it up ☺️ so sweet (pardon the pun).. I feel like a proper regular customer now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bought myself a chicken fillet roll this morning. Brought it into work only to realise the price sticker said "Jambon: €1.90"

It's the little things.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A small bunch of fresh flowers and a new candle. I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found my favourite face mask! it was a fundraiser for charity and worked perfectly for my life, so happy to have it back.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

watching RTÉ Choice Music Prize on RTÉ2+ atm,,, Paul Noonan a legend ! TH the presenter Blathnaid Treacy... that closeup they do of her face - OOFF ! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just reading through one of the Threads in AH and the phrase “Bum Gun” is now stuck in my head, making me smile all day 😄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The road to work was flooded in lots of spots, but there was a gorgeous rainbow that ended smack bang in the middle of the lake. It put me in a good mood, even though it's Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Lisa Gerard will be joining Hans Zimmer in Dublin for his show this weekend!!!

I might finally get to experience Now We Are Free live 😁😁😁

Walking by one of the local schools yesterday. The kids were just starting to head back in after a break.

They were playing music, singing, shouting and waving flags. Some had faces painted, I think. It was so lovely to see and hear after the past two years of not being able to celebrate St Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

watching an old YouTube with John Lennon with the plastic Ono band doing a mad blues collaboration with Chuck Berry, that kinda gets ruined a bit by that mad attention seeker Yoko.. well, more then a bit ffs.

one comment that made me laugh … “ She has the voice of an angel...getting it's wings torn off.”

Perfect description…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

John does a good enough job on his own of ruining it. his singing is terrible.

The look on Chuck's face when Yoko chimed in made me laugh.So guess that is my TH.Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement

Guess your lucky, I'm still confused about her contribution to what was a great song.Much like Chuck was.

I couldn't see there reaction. Really 😀

Italy beat Wales 😀😀😀😀😀

I depise Wales and Welsh people, apart from Louise xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 24,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a bad(ish) situation that I knew was coming… finally arrived.

but having thought about it, I’m actually happy it did.

i was panicking about it last week, but now the music has been faced this morning it’s a weight off my shoulders, it’s happyville, a relief…

i can now focus more of my time on imperative goals as opposed to jumping 5 pages ahead in this storyline to please this other person as had been a needful constant..… cryptic but needed to be said….

James Cordon and the carpool karaoke. Brilliant.

good weather - fab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I needed 8 euro in coins and/or €5 note today for a machine which didn't take a card. Gave the young man at the till €50 to pay for goods totalling €6.35 and asked for the coins in the change. Couldn't get him to understand what I needed.

Eventually I got him to give me the correct change for the shopping which gave me the three euro coins, and then handed him back €20. Asked for 2 five euro notes and a ten. He handed me back the two fives but also two tens. I returned one and told him he had given me too much.

He was so nice but so clueless.

I think he is only used to card payments and cash just confused him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think he is only used to card payments and cash just confused him.

"What do the numbers on the pieces of paper mean?". 😵 😕

You're too honest ! I used to get 4 bottles of a craft beer with my big shop, a Friday.

I noticed on the receipt that for some reason I was only charged for 1.

I never said a word 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The beautiful weather the last few days . 🌞🌞

Advertisement