Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    I've decided to get a Chinese takeaway tomorrow. I'm already happy even though it's tomorrow. Sort of like a pre emptive trivial happiness.

The old reliable takeway I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The old reliable takeway I presume

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The little fella having a blinder of a sleep when I was on duty last night. Was drained yesterday so needed the sleep I got to have.

Second TH....the mrdbrent Instagram account.

McCartney III sales figures in US for the first week
    LP - 32,000
    Cassette - 1,000
    CD - 53,000
    Digital - 18,000

The so-called "dead" format sells more than the other three combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

McCartney III sales figures in US for the first week
    LP - 32,000
    Cassette - 1,000
    CD - 53,000
    Digital - 18,000

The so-called "dead" format sells more than the other three combined.
    I can't believe they are still making albums on cassette!
    It must make financial sense pr they wouldn't be doing it.
    Are they still sold here in Ireland?

• Advertisement

I can't believe they are still making albums on cassette!
    It must make financial sense pr they wouldn't be doing it.
    Are they still sold here in Ireland?

Cassettes have gone through a very small revival. Yes, can be bought here. I only ever bought a handful in my time - seriously inferior format compared to vinyl and CD.

In the alternative sphere, there's quite a few limited cassette-only releases in small print runs. The guys running those labels tend to have beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Cassettes have gone through a very small revival. Yes, can be bought here. I only ever bought a handful in my time - seriously inferior format compared to vinyl and CD.

In the alternative sphere, there's quite a few limited cassette-only releases in small print runs. The guys running those labels tend to have beards.
    Wow. I don't see the appeal either. Worse sound, can't skip to a certain song, repeat or program tunes, possibility of the tape getting chewed up.
    But each to their own I suppose.

Wow. I don't see the appeal either. Worse sound, can't skip to a certain song, repeat or program tunes, possibility of the tape getting chewed up.
    But each to their own I suppose.

In my opinion, cassette fetishism is seriously misguided and is often an anti-CD gesture.

Many people pushing this ridiculous fad seem to have forgotten that cassettes did serious damage to vinyl sales from 1983 onwards. In 1988, four out of every six albums sold were on cassette.
    CDs did not become the dominant format until 1992 by which time sales of new LPs had dropped like a stone and remained very low for the rest of the decade. I know because I was one of the few people still buying new albums on vinyl then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Antares35 wrote: »
    main will be chicken fillet with black bean and green pepper sauce and fluffy egg fried rice :D

Edit sorry as in chicken with green peppers, in a black bean sauce! Otherwise it'd be gross :D

Excellent choice, I love that myself or else chicken Thai style (which I will be having tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Excellent choice, I love that myself or else chicken Thai style (which I will be having tonight)

Damn ye for putting the idea of Chinese in my head now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

dAmInZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Damn ye for putting the idea of Chinese in my head now

My job here is done :cool:

Surreptitious get in here this instant!! :pac:

I have become a worshipper at the alter of baileys and brandy. I had no idea it would wield such power over me. It's also inhibiting my decision to make healthy food choices because himself is gone to the chipper for me.

What have I become!!!!!!!!!!!!

In saying all that though it's making me fierce happy.

:D

I don't know whether to say sorry or I'm happy. Glad you enjoy it and there's nothing wrong with some chipper food now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Aretha Franklin singing gospel music on BBC4. you would nearly feel like getting religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This is very trivial, and yet 10 minutes later I'm still in howls of laughter. Watching the start of cast away, the bit with the plane crash , my soon to be ex wife is educating our 9yo . This is a true story . No I says , I don't think it is. It is !!!
    Goes to the search button.
    " there ,! Based on the true story of Robinson Crusoe!!!!

While I burst out laughing she rereads the blurb, walks off in a fit with a big red angry face. It was fooking glorious. It might seem I'm picking on her , but for what that 'creature' has put us through it was glorious to see

I might even take our sons hamster out of his cage and replace him with a coconut called Wilson.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Leave the poor hamster alone, CJ, he's an innocent bystander.

New Home wrote: »
    Leave the poor hamster alone, CJ, he's an innocent bystander.

He was got in 2018 with a 2 year life expectancy. He's on borrowed time already

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And you're planning to steal whatever time he's left to replace him with something with an even shorter (shelf)life expectancy and with, let's face it, the personality of a coconut?!? For shame.

• Advertisement

Got stuff for my tongue. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Got stuff for my tongue. Hope it helps.

Glad you got sorted and hope it helps .
    I'm glitched out of the eating thread so couldn't reply to you , sorry !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted and hope it helps .
    I'm glitched out of the eating thread so couldn't reply to you , sorry !

It's ok mam :)

I have some drops I have to take. I just hope they work as it is really sensitive. Southdoc is up the walls, and then the increase in cases.

It's making me happy because I've only just got the point of the film 'cast away'
    I think it being on tonight could be classed as serendipity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    It's making me happy because I've only just got the point of the film 'cast away'

You're evil

To thine own self be true

You're evil

Nah PM.
    What I got was
    life doesn't always go the way we thought it would. For whatever reason. Maybe completely out of our control but if you survive the bad times you'll find yourself at a crossroads. Choose your direction. The choice is yours.
    The past is in the past and from here on YOU choose.
    I swear . Serendipity:)

The wee lad when we're playing star wars with light sabers stops and goes , Daddy those storm troopers are really really bad shots !
    It's so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

cj maxx wrote: »

And I thought it was about how a volleyball can make a wonderful companion, when you are stranded on a desert island ;)

PnfGf91.png

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Refilled the bird feeders and the amount of birds flying in and out of it was like an airport in summer :)

Ok l’m completely lost about the meaning of Castaway :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The new Ireland's Fittest Family.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement