Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A bottle of Coke Zero on a Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The church bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Neighbour constantly leaving birdseed out on their shed attracting seagulls. She was caught directly feeding the seagulls on other occasions.

So I set up a plan delivering the following to the neighbour -

1) Christmas Card with seagulls on it

2) A poem I wrote about seagulls being fed on the shed (Husband of seagull feeder fancies himself as a poet - so thought it would be funny. He gives out to her for feeding the gulls as well)

3) Purchased a bird feeder for small birds to give to the neighbour

4) Gave county council leaflet detailing seagull nuisance and so on, and how people should not feed gulls.

I did not see the birdfeeder put up (day one) there is still birdseed being put on the shed. And the seagulls are still flocking.

However, writing the card, poem, and giving the presents was cathartic. And amused me.

Update, Birdseed feeder found at the bottom of my garden.
    I assume it was the wind? Luckily, it landed in my garden so it was not stolen.
    Irish weather makes me happy you never really get extremes of weather, and when you do it can work out as a positive!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

4Ad wrote: »
    Throw birdseed (with a catapult) on their rooftop during the summer months..might help them change their habits !!

is there some problem re seagulls please?

Where I lived once there was a fuss re them messing on cars?

I wrote a story about seagulls having to wear bright yellow disposable nappies.. Mommy seagull teaching her chicks... "Don't go out yet;; afre you wearing your nappy?":

Poor birds....

Graces7 wrote: »
    is there some problem re seagulls please?

Where I lived once there was a fuss re them messing on cars?

I wrote a story about seagulls having to wear bright yellow disposable nappies.. Mommy seagull teaching her chicks... "Don't go out yet;; afre you wearing your nappy?":

Poor birds....

Can you get them in ebay/amazon? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm watching Poirot and its the time near the end with the big reveal.

Can you get them in ebay/amazon? :D

I don;t think ebay/amazon had been invented in those days...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Charlie Byrne’s in Galway is my TH. The scent of books, the creaky floorboards, the old world feel, the friendly staff

Love that place.

Hodges Figgis doesn't have the same feel but I love it as a bookshop as well.

Was out for a walk with the little fella in the buggy this morning and there was a couple coming the opposite way and the path was narrowing so I pulled in a bit out of the the way to let them past and got a smile and a wave from them. It's not a big thing but I actually just really appreciate gestures like that. They're not all that common so it was just something trivial that made me happy today.

A whole bowl of blue hyacinths is now in glorious fragrant bloom... Cheers the soul on the coldest, gale-iest of winter days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The fact that this is the 4,000th reply on this thread makes me happy.
    And it's a good excuse to bump the thread, since it trickled all the way to the 3rd page of AH. We need more happyning in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Good friends (including my amazing and amazingly funny best friend I met on Boards) helping to make the isolation that comes along with restrictions/bans on household visits bearable and even enjoyable.

I'm blessed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to ringing in the new year tomorrow with a takeaway at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Just got off the phone with my 90+ year old great aunt after a good 30 minutes. She's the last living relative I have any contact with and she's still doing great, despite the lockdown back in Germany :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm getting drunken messages already and I'm completely sober. Funny really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm getting texts not meant for me. Some of them are hilarious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New Home wrote: »
    Please share.

And play along :D

To thine own self be true

thomil wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with my 90+ year old great aunt after a good 30 minutes. She's the last living relative I have any contact with and she's still doing great, despite the lockdown back in Germany :)

You could get a yacht like this fella who went from an island off Portugal to Argentina in a 85 days. Visiting his 90 year old father in time for fathers day.

https://people.com/human-interest/man-sails-across-atlantic-alone-see-dad-coronavirus-shuts-down-flights/

My new discovery of baileys and brandy :D

What did I tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Our postman is so thoughtful, if he ever arrives early in the morning he just leaves any packages at the door instead of ringing the bell, just makes me so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thoughts and prayers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Unfinished business has now finally been completed.

135606168_10164831527175089_2256107403984120690_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=MyaIqBjCvmkAX8MQCOb&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=74810505e885bf2c0bd105e77660d9ec&oe=601540D2

@ Surrep I'm so glad I took your advice! Its glorious :)
    @ Alf I am blind to your warning :D

@ Surrep I'm so glad I took your advice! Its glorious :)
    @ Alf I am blind to your warning :D

I might join you virtually. I still have some left. It is heaven in a glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I've decided to get a Chinese takeaway tomorrow. I'm already happy even though it's tomorrow. Sort of like a pre emptive trivial happiness.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I've decided to get a Chinese takeaway tomorrow. I'm already happy even though it's tomorrow. Sort of like a pre emptive trivial happiness.

What will you get? I know I always ask people this but I like knowing people's tastes. Singapore Chow Mien from my local is the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

What will you get? I know I always ask people this but I like knowing people's tastes. Singapore Chow Mien from my local is the job.

Satay chicken starter and main will be chicken fillet with black bean and green pepper sauce and fluffy egg fried rice :D

Edit sorry as in chicken with green peppers, in a black bean sauce! Otherwise it'd be gross :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

alrigh'.

like a bit of monkey news and tha'.

watch it on youtube. makes me 'appy.

turns out, youtubes manager ... little monkey fella.

• Advertisement

Big furry cat tucked in behind my knees abed. He thinks I am keeping HIM warm so we are both very very happy.. IT IS BITTERLY COLD! ALl that cold ocean around me.

Advertisement