Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFS!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭gifted

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/people-are-coming-to-kiss-the-cabinet-and-say-prayers-devotees-flock-to-kerry-antique-shop-to-see-door-resembling-the-virgin-mary-38582333.html

'People are coming to kiss the cabinet and say prayers' - devotees flock to Kerry antique shop to see door resembling the Virgin Mary’

This has to be a joke. It’s a fcuking knot in a wooden door panel which vaguely resembles the outline of Mary. There are no facial or limb features. It’s a crock of shjt yet idiots are kissing and touching the door.

It’s not a patch on the Holy stone of clonrichert which was a Class 2 relic.

4 hail marys and 5 our fathers.....ya heaten

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There is something similar on me dogs arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Its good enough for me, where am I going?

Mary on a bike....

Dear lord people will kiss anything wonder will they come kiss me dog as there is the image of holiness on its arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yer man has a big pervy head on him. Down with that sort of thing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭touts

A particular cultural group have a strong devotion to the Virgin Mary and an equally strong interest in the contents of antique shops. This should get interesting.

Remember years ago in the whest.... A slate in a cottage window had the outline of good auld Mary....

People flocked to it.

touts wrote: »
    A particular cultural group have a strong devotion to the Virgin Mary and an equally strong interest in the contents of antique shops. This should get interesting.

Scientologists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

*sees the light, changes username*

• Advertisement

*sees the light, changes username*

Godist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Cute enough, he'll sell it for a nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/people-are-coming-to-kiss-the-cabinet-and-say-prayers-devotees-flock-to-kerry-antique-shop-to-see-door-resembling-the-virgin-mary-38582333.html

'People are coming to kiss the cabinet and say prayers' - devotees flock to Kerry antique shop to see door resembling the Virgin Mary’

This has to be a joke. It’s a fcuking knot in a wooden door panel which vaguely resembles the outline of Mary. There are no facial or limb features. It’s a crock of shjt yet idiots are kissing and touching the door.

It’s not a patch on the Holy stone of clonrichert which was a Class 2 relic.

I think that could be a Protestant cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

I've just shaved my pubes like the virgin Mary...

Get to the kissin' and adorin; catholic girls......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Arghus wrote: »
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

No offense to you, but in general - Ted quotes are beginning to fu(k me off more than simpsons quotes. Dunno why tbh, but there ye go.

kenmm wrote: »
    No offense to you, but in general - Ted quotes are beginning to fu(k me off more than simpsons quotes. Dunno why tbh, but there ye go.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It's virgin on the ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Jeez tis fair like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

devotees flock to Kerry antique shop to see door resembling the Virgin Mary’

I'm wondering how you know that it, even vaguely, resembles someone who lived 2000 years ago, and of whom there are no extanct pictures ?
    I think people should be flocking to see you !
    He has returned ! Jay-Cee has returned !

No offense to you, but in general - Ted quotes are beginning to fu(k me off more than simpsons quotes.
    Homer, you know I always try to put the best face on things... but there's no face on that damn cabinet door!

• Advertisement

I'm wondering how you know that it, even vaguely, resembles someone who lived 2000 years ago, and of whom there are no extanct pictures ?
    Huh? He doesn't look anything like the beans!

Sure we don't need the pictures , theres feckin' statues of her everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That's a perfectly cromulent grievance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

The Virgin Mary appeared on a toasted cheese sandwich sometime in the '90s. It was sold at auction for $28,000 in 2004.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Jeez tis fair like her.

No it’s not. It’s Our Lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

XuAnW0kR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There is something similar on me dogs arse.
    Is this your dog?
    18qo1hwto00mfjpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The type of veneer on the door of that cabinet is mahogany crotch veneer, I didn't think Mary would be associated with that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

There's an evil red-eyed demon (red arrow) with crab-claws( yellow arrow) at it's heart

jrcKp7H.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't unsee the dog's arse.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement