Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Hagibis Projected Path

• 07-10-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

As of 12:00 07 Oct (UTC)
    QCbHHZn.png

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

really?? a dedicated thread to this????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

If Japan v Scotland game gets cancelled then we top the group (not that they will let that happen)? Plus it lets us point out when the media gets a bit sensational...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Track has been adjusted east since this morning. It now looks like its missing the Ireland game and heading straight for New Zealand vs Italy, and may affect England vs France as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

in addition to the game we are flying into Fukuoka on Thursday evening

but thankfully I think we'll be ok on both fronts with changing track...hopefully it holds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

schmoo2k wrote: »
    If Japan v Scotland game gets cancelled then we top the group (not that they will let that happen)? Plus it lets us point out when the media gets a bit sensational...

Actually, that would make it impossible for us to top the group. Japan would move to 16 points (getting 2 for a draw) and the most we can also get is 16. We'd come second based on the head to head.

• Advertisement

Actually, that would make it impossible for us to top the group. Japan would move to 16 points (getting 2 for a draw) and the most we can also get is 16. We'd come second based on the head to head.

Yes (thanks for the correction) - I retract my comment about "that will never happen" - Scotland could get screwed by this...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anjobe wrote: »
    Track has been adjusted east since this morning. It now looks like its missing the Ireland game and heading straight for New Zealand vs Italy, and may affect England vs France as well!
    Italy would be delighted with a point!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If the typhoon gets its own thread, I want a thread for Fat Bear Week. :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

For anyone interested, there is a new thread in the weather forum for this: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058021226

Looks like japan and Scotland are the ones worrying now

And any F1 fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Riskymove wrote: »
    And any F1 fans

Drat! I was checking the forecast for Suzuka yesterday and it showed some rain on Saturday, and Sunday was clear and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Surely the storm would be a god send for Japan? 2 points and top the group without having to play

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Surely the storm would be a god send for Japan? 2 points and top the group without having to play

at this point world rugby have been vocal about their robust contingency plans. very difficult to not move or reschedule now unless serious impact on Japanese infrastructure/transport

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Bridge93 wrote: »

Might want to do your calculations again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

hahashake wrote: »

All Japan need is a draw to top the group?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Err, Japan are on 14pts, if their last game is cancelled they will have 16 pts. The best Ireland can do is 16 pts with a BP win over Samoa. If they are tied on points Japan will be pool winners on head to head.

So, if Japan vs Scotland is cancelled that is great for Japan, Scotland are screwed, and Ireland are denied any chance of topping the pool.

...Japan will still top the group (even with the re-calc).

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

My humble apologies fellas.:D

I was wrong.

Official statement re contingency plans:

“Public and team safety is our number one priority. While we have robust contingency plans in place for pool matches, such plans, if required, will only be actioned if the safety of teams, fans, and workforce can be guaranteed. It would be inappropriate to comment on any contingency plans at this stage."

If I was Scottish I would start to get worried...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Official statement re contingency plans:

“Public and team safety is our number one priority. While we have robust contingency plans in place for pool matches, such plans, if required, will only be actioned if the safety of teams, fans, and workforce can be guaranteed. It would be inappropriate to comment on any contingency plans at this stage."

If I was Scottish I would start to get worried...

Press conference at 4pm today

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Press conference at 4pm today

Looking at latest data, the Scottish game should go ahead (it should have passed by then) - assuming the infrastructure is up and running...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

Anjobe wrote: »
    Err, Japan are on 14pts, if their last game is cancelled they will have 16 pts. The best Ireland can do is 16 pts with a BP win over Samoa. If they are tied on points Japan will be pool winners on head to head.

So, if Japan vs Scotland is cancelled that is great for Japan, Scotland are screwed, and Ireland are denied any chance of topping the pool.

Even if we have a better points difference?

Even if we have a better points difference?

It goes head to head first, points difference second

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It goes head to head first, points difference second

Oh fair enough. That last minute TBP for Japan vs Samoa could end up giving them top spot.

really?? a dedicated thread to this????

I want to apologise for this post now.

The typhoon is having a serious and lasting impact on the competition and in truth, will ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I want to apologise for this post now.

The typhoon is having a serious and lasting impact on the competition and in truth, will ruin it.

Really, pool b finished NZL and SA, pool c finished Eng and then FR

Realistically, no changes there from what would have happened if the games were played.

Pool A, likely JPN and IRE, possible change with SCT missing out on second place and IRE on first.

I've no sympathy for SCT given the stance Townsend took when it appeared his team might benefit from the hurricane and honestly IRE deserve second place rather than first.

Hurricane will have no impact on QF and beyond.

I'm not sure the competition is "ruined", although I do think its poor form not to have contingency plans by world rugby

If you don't see the absoulute advantage of one team getting twice the rest period before a quarter final than the opposition, then I'm afraid you don't know the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

padser wrote: »

I've no sympathy for SCT given the stance Townsend took when it appeared his team might benefit from the hurricane and honestly IRE deserve second place rather than first.

What did Townsend say? Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

If you don't see the absoulute advantage of one team getting twice the rest period before a quarter final than the opposition, then I'm afraid you don't know the sport

I was thinking this morning that this is going to be talked about for a long time.

Advertisement