Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Russia, RWC pool A, Kobe, 11.15am Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ref should have let that go and then get the TMO to check

• Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

had to stop watching on RTE player as it was constantly buffering and was so far behind real time.

watching now on a pirate site... better quality and closer to real time, no buffering

non sensical

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Ruddock really staking a claim here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Are Ireland the most overrated rugby team ever?

This performance is making a joke of their pre-tournament ranking.

Slow, predictable, nervous, lacking in imagination. This is truly shocking.

well no - 2018 had them rightly as one of the best performing sides of that year

2019 has been dogshoite though - Ireland have been figured out for the one dimensional rugby that they play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Are Ireland the most overrated ever?

This performance is making a joke of their pre-tournament ranking.

Slow, predictable, nervous, lacking in imagination. This is truly shocking.

What are people expecting with a second string side playing indoors in a slippy, hot and humid environment? You’re still playing against 15 big men. Usually the better teams pull away in the second half of these type of games. If it’s like this at 80mins I’ll agree with you, but let the game unfold. It’s not the conditions for offloading or throwing skips passes. It’s not impressive so far, but it was never going to be champagne rugby. Expectations are what are out of sync here.

• Advertisement

Was that a forearm fend off?

;)

Jaysus it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Normal service resumed, batter yer way over..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

ref felt sorry for us ponderously trying to score so carded the Russian player....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I find it slightly annoying that Sexton approaches the kick twice.

What's the point of standing way off his final position and nodding at the posts?

I don't mind him settling himself when in the kicking position, but surely the first one has no effect on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Annoying for me is, even off a break with forward momentum, we truck it up instead of finding the space out wide.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Normal service resumed, batter yer way over..

you dont get extra points for pretty offloads before a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Ruddock has been very good

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

clsmooth wrote: »
    What are people expecting with a second string side playing indoors in a slippy, hot and humid environment? You’re still playing against 15 big men. Usually the better teams pull away in the second half of these type of games. If it’s like this at 80mins I’ll agree with you, but let the game unfold. It’s not the conditions for offloading or throwing skips passes. It’s not impressive so far, but it was never going to be champagne rugby. Expectations are what are out of sync here.

I think people are expecting one of Rugby's heavyweights to front up and start actually playing like pro rugby players. Our seconds string should be capable of trouncing Russia blindfolded regardless of the conditions. Yes we might pull away in the second half but that will not disguise some of the shocking play we have experienced from Ireland in the first.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RTE player is driving me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

BailMeOut wrote: »

Thanks, but not an Eir customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

sydthebeat wrote: »
    had to stop watching on RTE player as it was constantly buffering and was so far behind real time.

watching now on a pirate site... better quality and closer to real time, no buffering

non sensical

Its infuriating that they want to charge a tv license fee for a house with no TV, on the off chance you might watch this dog**** steaming service on your phone.

Massive sporting event and its barely watchable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

non sensical

The RTE live player is appaling - great to see TV license money wasted on something that only seams capable or running the Adds properly - Patheitc.

What is Garces playing at with the release calls, there is nothing wrong with the competition on the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Would be nice to have the BP before half time. Would take pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Toeuptony

Annoying for me is, even off a break with forward momentum, we truck it up instead of finding the space out wide.

Especially when they have an extra man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

awec wrote: »
    RTE player is driving me crazy.

You should email De Forbes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

you dont get extra points for pretty offloads before a try.

Maybe, but battering hasn’t worked so well against more capable teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Would be nice to have the BP before half time. Would take pressure off.

If this is too much pressure for them to handle, then I fear for this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bundee is always good for a stupid knock on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

'Slippy balls, wet hands' got a chuckle out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

That is appalling by Aki. So so poor. He'll be under pressure when Henshaw gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Unconvincing enough second quarter - looks like Nordi only needed to pack an overnight bag...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Really enjoyed watching that same Lucozade ad 11 times.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Maybe, but battering hasn’t worked so well against more capable teams.

humm i seem to recall us putting over 40 points on the all blacks a few years ago playing that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,851 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Russians as they were against Japan and Samoa...needed to be battered into submission. Nothing pretty on the cards here. 3 tries is not a bad return for that half.

Advertisement