Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 AO Competition announced

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tricky@

Thanks, I had thought there might have been a bit more movement. Still a few weeks minimum to play out for the 2020 competition before a panel is formed so they might have a final run on appointments from our panel.

Minifox wrote: »
    Still on 25 today.
    They've also started calling people to interview and presentation from 2020 competition.
    Not looking good for the forty-somethings, I fear.
    Maybe no X-Mas pud for Tiny Tim...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 theboycaoimhs 83

God I would have thought 25 in three or so weeks was the panel moving very quickly. Difficult to know how it'll go but would be confident enough it's not finished yet. Who knows

True, was just in the context that they had gone from 15-25 very quickly so thought they might have continued at that pace! I'd share your view that there will be further appointments before it's closed out.
    God I would have thought 25 in three or so weeks was the panel moving very quickly. Difficult to know how it'll go but would be confident enough it's not finished yet. Who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Minifox

Think they're up to 28 now. There's hope yet.
    I've haven't had this much stress in my life since... the AO Presentation exercise!

Minifox wrote: »
    Think they're up to 28 now. There's hope yet.
    I've haven't had this much stress in my life since... the AO Presentation exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

What Dept's have those recently placed been appointed to? Any to Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

anyone hear anything back in the last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pluggedout

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    anyone hear anything back in the last week?

No, it's like they have ground to a halt.

Seems like they are into the early 30’s based on the latest update I got.
    pluggedout wrote: »
    No, it's like they have ground to a halt.

Anyone from Batch 3 heard back from Vetting yet or got info about Department they're being posted to?
    Just wondering if I should prepare myself for a long wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Flopshot77

Minifox wrote:
    Anyone from Batch 3 heard back from Vetting yet or got info about Department they're being posted to? Just wondering if I should prepare myself for a long wait...

No not yet but it's usually a quick enough process unless you are being assigned to the gardai or Justice then I've heard of the vetting taking longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pluggedout

Anyone been placed yet?

Yeah, I got placed last week. Starting in three more weeks. Rather not say the Dept on a public forum but I’m happy with it.
    I was an existing civil servant so didn’t have to wait for vetting.

Advertisement