Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heated grips or winter gloves?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

newmember? wrote: »
    TL;DR ...Muffs - yer only man in winter.

Was working in Paris a few years back over a winter...don't recall seeing ANY bike without them...common sense over fashion....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭newmember2

Was working in Paris a few years back over a winter...don't recall seeing ANY bike without them...common sense over fashion....:P

Yeh, I remember being over there in the 90s and seeing weather aprons for the first time - almost every bike had them fitted. There were none in Ireland at the time and even now you don't see too many - almost exclusively only on step-throughs. I bought an Urbano one myself a few years ago when I was on the bike all the time, but my job changed and I never got to fit it to see how good they'd be at keeping the weather off me. I'm only commuting now so the muffs along with a good rain suit are enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

A city that understands the effectiveness of motorised 2 wheel transport. Not on the agenda over here.

Advertisement