Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Father Ted. Both are excellent, but I'm unlikely to ever watch (or want to watch) Breaking Bad again whereas I'll watch Father Ted over and over again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Father Ted because it's Irish, it's funnier than Breaking Bad and Dermot Morgan was a legend.

And also to see the Breaking Bad fanboys cry when Ted wins :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Breaking Bad. Father Ted was genius and its comedy will endure for many more years, but the quality of writing and acting in Breaking Bad just can't be overlooked. The only way it could have been better is if Skylar wasn't in it. Or it was The West Wing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ted. Because I hate this world we live in. Plus dougal is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Fr Ted

Comic genius

Has len found the rabbits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

FT should be no where near the top 32, never mind the final. To save this comp from total disaster, I will put my vote on BB. I Would rather watch that than the other.

Althought the real winner here should be bttf tv series, how it never got past R1 is a travesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Fr Ted because nearly every character is still used as a reference to describe someone in real life 20 years later.
    And when you watch it and Mrs Doyle says 'you'll have a cup of tea' you decide, you know what Mrs D, I will.

Also, and this in no way influences my vote here but every person who voted for BB should be ashamed of yourselves. You have bought in to this early 21st century phenomenom where you believe something is quality because some clown of a hippy influencer tells you 'it's, like, really good. Like really, really good'.

There was more cutting dialog in one episode of the wire than in the 44 episodes of this BS I watched before deciding F that. The characters are mostly equal to poor quality cover version/re-enactments/comic-con attendees when compared to the Sopranos. And the plot lines? What the hell was the point of Hanks sister in laws kleptomania that just disappeared?

After kit kats appearing in the biscuit competition and all sorts of shenanigans in the crisp competition and now this, we have no business laughing at the state of the UK with Brexit or the US with Trump, we have our own shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Father Ted for me....comedy perfection.

I've rewatched it countless times and will continue to do so. I've rewatched Breaking Bad once but can't see me watching it again, as much as I loved it as well, but for sheer 'gobackability' the lads from Craggy Island have it....

To all you BB voters out there...I think Father Dick Byrne can say this better than I ever could....

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Breaking Bad. For I am Professor Genius and I am never wrong.

You need to give a real reason for it to count.

Fr Ted because nearly every character is still used as a reference to describe someone in real life 20 years later.
    And when you watch it and Mrs Doyle says 'you'll have a cup of tea' you decide, you know what Mrs D, I will.

Also, and this in no way influences my vote here but every person who voted for BB should be ashamed of yourselves. You have bought in to this early 21st century phenomenom where you believe something is quality because some clown of a hippy influencer tells you 'it's, like, really good. Like really, really good'.

There was more cutting dialog in one episode of the wire than in the 44 episodes of this BS I watched before deciding F that. The characters are mostly equal to poor quality cover version/re-enactments/comic-con attendees when compared to the Sopranos. And the plot lines? What the hell was the point of Hanks sister in laws kleptomania that just disappeared?

After kit kats appearing in the biscuit competition and all sorts of shenanigans in the crisp competition and now this, we have no business laughing at the state of the UK with Brexit or the US with Trump, we have our own shame.

u-ok-hun-x-winston-churchill-27419797.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

8iD1J2H.jpg

Zaph wrote: »
    u-ok-hun-x-winston-churchill-27419797.png

My point exactly, a whole demographic operating off pop culture references.

Try forming your own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Tell me how

Trigger wrote: »
    Tell me how

Trigger(ed)
    :)

So let me get this straight. Essentially what you're saying is that because you don't like Breaking Bad, anyone who has voted for it is essentially a sheep because they were unable to independently decide that they thought it was a good show all by themselves? An interesting theory, but I think at my age I'm more than capable of deciding what I think is good or bad without needing the help of an influencer or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ted, for the fantastic 4 main characters and actors.

For the reams of quotables.

For how we are all heart broken there wont ever be more episodes with the characters in them.

For Irish humour, for Irish writing, for Irish location.

Fr. Ted because it really is brilliant. Its not serious and doesnt try to be. But its ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Father Ted for the humor and rewatchability

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Breaking Bad for me.

I liked the way the story unfolded and loved the main characters and how they grew together (and apart).

My main choice didn’t make it this far, but that happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Vote for Breaking Bad. Hector Salamanca and his trusty bell, great character. Also love Better Call Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Voting for breaking Bad cause I think Ted is going to win.

Breaking Bad is good but the best ever. I don't think so.

Ted is brilliant but the best ever...I'm not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm afraid to vote because QB may actually kill me.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

2 hrs left to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's Breaking Bad. It has to be. Jesse Pinkman is likeable when you should hate him. Walter is hateable when he should be sympathetic. Hank is a sarcastic bollox but he's a top bloke. Gus is polite yet is an evil f*ck. All these nuanced characters combined with some phenomenal story telling and just an overall air of cool make Breaking Bad a show with a legit claim to the title best ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Breaking Bad. For I am Professor Genius and I am never wrong.

Father Ted. For I am the false prophet slayer and I'm getting wolf vibes of the above post. Vote in for lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

BB, some people gave out about the pace but it’s perfect for the show. The development of WW is a cautionary tale that there’s inherent evil in almost everyone. Hank becomes the hero we never thought he could be

All that and a decapitated head on a turtle that explodes

sKeith wrote: »
    Father Ted. For I am the false prophet slayer and I'm getting wolf vibes of the above post. Vote in for lynch.

:D

That was your 12k post and what a post :pac:

Though I probably need more reasoning than that related to the show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

Breaking Bad was great when it got going, but jaysus it was tough going the first couple of seasons. I felt a little down after watching it tbh.

Has to be Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Father Ted ... Ted is hilarious (& he reminds me of someone I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Father Ted ... so many great comedy moments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Breaking Bad of course.

Father Ted's great but come on, best tv show ever?! Get a grip people! How it's even in the final is a travesty!

Advertisement