Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst day ever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not always that easy if the last person who changed it went a bit overboard with the airgun.

Also not a great idea if it happened on a bad stretch of road with poor visibility or limited space.

I had a tyre blow out once on the M3 late evening. No chance was I gonna chance changing tyres with cars passing at 120 km/h+ in twilight . Was quite happy to wait for the big truck with all the amber lights. It's included in the insurance, so why not use it?

Fair enough. I was thinking today 3 hours ago, decent visibility, car well in hard shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I was at a very nice wedding a couple of years ago in a small country church in Laois.

Here's an idea lads! Just move the rehearsal dinner to the main day, and make that your wedding breakfast!! Christ.

Someone hasn't gotten over not being invited to the rehearsal dinner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,831 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A rehearsal dinner ? What’s so complicated about eating your dinner that there needs to be a rehearsal ? Hmmm ok, if there is jelly for dessert maybe, slippery and difficult...

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Weddings are a huge expensive farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

People get so smart and uppity about changing a tyre. I've seen two grown men struggle to get wheel nuts off a car and you expect a woman likely in heels to do that??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Them little spanners they give you don’t work. You need a telescopic wheel nut spammer. The ones you get with your car bend when you try open a wheel nut that’s been put on with an air gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

BDI wrote: »
    Them little spanners they give you don’t work. You need a telescopic wheel nut spammer. The ones you get with your car bend when you try open a wheel nut that’s been put on with an air gun.

I knew I'd be right to call someone out if it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

pinkyeye wrote: »
    People get so smart and uppity about changing a tyre. I've seen two grown men struggle to get wheel nuts off a car and you expect a woman likely in heels to do that??

Eh yes, every car owner should be able to do it, it's basic car maintenance. I've stopped to help people change tyres and shock horror I am also a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Must be horrible to be disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Eh yes, every car owner should be able to do it, it's basic car maintenance. I've stopped to help people change tyres and shock horror I am also a woman.

Your name says you're are girl , kinda gives away the woman thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Less of that please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

You hit a curb on a road with a hard shoulder? Not sure you should be driving!

Weddings are a huge expensive farce.

Huge money maker down the country. 400 guests average present 200 Euro a person present. 80 grand minus 30 grand wedding cost. Money making racket.

They weren't very manly if two can't open a car wheel nut!! Kick of your heel on the wrench opens any nut.

A lady is a different story. I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭testtech05

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Huge money maker down the country. 400 guests average present 200 Euro a person present. 80 grand minus 30 grand wedding cost. Money making racket.

Remind me to invite you to my wedding if the day ever comes.....

testtech05 wrote: »
    Remind me to invite you to my wedding if the day ever comes.....

Honestly that's the going rate in my area and it's just middle Ireland.

Are you city, town or country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭testtech05

Honestly that's the going rate in my area and it's just middle Ireland.

Are you city, town or country?

I'm from the west. Haven't been to an awful lot of weddings last couple of years but would have thought 200e per couple was more in line the gift down this side rather than 200e per person.

I presume you're trying to be hilarious. :rolleyes:

Aren't you a great woman. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So presumably you can open any locknuts???

I'm from the west. Haven't been to an awful lot of weddings last couple of years but would have thought 200e per couple was more in line the gift down this side rather than 200e per person.

I suppose it varies. Even at an average of 100e per person. 400 guests, 40k and spend 15k on the wedding. 25k made. I'm Kilkenny and the invite the parish to the wedding is the whole go. It's mean out.

• Advertisement

Aren't you a great woman. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So presumably you can open any locknuts???

A factor I'd find with women is varying degrees of strength. A 5ft slight girl would find it hard. A 5ft 10in 'well built' girl would have power.

A factor I'd find with women is varying degrees of strength. A 5ft slight girl would find it hard. A 5ft 10in 'well built' girl would have power.

Exactly, how do you find a 5ft 4 woman with arthritis?

I suppose it varies. Even at an average of 100e per person. 400 guests, 40k and spend 15k on the wedding. 25k made. I'm Kilkenny and the invite the parish to the wedding is the whole go. It's mean out.

So you're saying 400 people would be invited? That's madness no???

So you're saying 400 people would be invited? That's madness no???

The last 5 weddings I was at were 350 to 450! No messing.

Exactly, how do you find a 5ft 4 woman with arthritis?

She'd deffo need some help. Hope you're not in constant pain..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

A waste of money and absolutely ostentatious bllsh1t

I bet it wasn't the groom's Idea, another poor bstrd for the gallows...

100% agree, its always the bride pushing all that ****e.
    Female, so I'm allowed say that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

komodosp wrote: »
    You hit a curb on a road with a hard shoulder? Not sure you should be driving!

The only reason I didn't thank that was I'm afraid I'll jinx myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah that's about the going rate up here. Though a single person would feel obliged to put in 200.
    The only 400 people weddings I was at was big for 'business ' reasons.
    As in relations + a wide range of business associates that thought they needed to invite.
    Most would be 260-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I had the worst day on thursday it was a humiliating disaster....followed by a strange night of sleep and emotional breakdowns.

Like i literally had an out of world experience with an accompanying meltdown on thursday ....a lot of otherworldly intergalatic stuff was revealed no drugs or alcohol were ingested for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I had the worst day on thursday it was a humiliating disaster....followed by a strange night of sleep and emotional breakdowns.

Like i literally had an out of world experience with an accompanying meltdown on thursday ....a lot of otherworldly intergalatic stuff was revealed no drugs or alcohol were ingested for this.

U OK hun?

Advertisement