Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wednesday Night War *Spoilers for AEW and NXT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m not arguing with you on that point. It was merely a poorly delivered joke. WWE are using that line awhile now was all I was saying and I do agree. I only watch sport live now. All my tv is series linked or Netflix or similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ERG89 wrote: »
    If your expecting that is costing them getting more viewers it ain't. I'm pretty sure AEW is replayed immediately after it airs & people are making the choice to watch AEW live instead.
    You could record one of them as they are broadcast too. I'm pretty sure recorded programming is included in ratings.
    It's a pity both are losing viewers as the weeks pass. I think wrestling had a great chance a few weeks ago to gain new fans & the shows didn't get that, Smackdown in particular which had a huge opportunity on FOX absolutely shat the bed 2 weeks in a row imo

Maybe it's not a key issue.

That Priest V Dunne match was the best of the night for me across both shows. The latter has some amazing presence in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Maybe it's not a key issue.

That Priest V Dunne match was the best of the night for me across both shows. The latter has some amazing presence in the ring.

NXT has had better in ring product for me all 3 head to head nights but only this week felt like storylines were coming together

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW had the better matches for me over NXT so far on the head to heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

AEW had the better matches for me over NXT so far on the head to heads.

Agree 100%, Bucks vs Private Party has been the best of any of the Wednesday shows so far for me. And Omega/Janela on Dark beats anything from NXT too.

• Advertisement

Agree 100%, Bucks vs Private Party has been the best of any of the Wednesday shows so far for me. And Omega/Janela on Dark beats anything from NXT too.

Agree that bucks vs private party has been the best match but I just feel nxt generally has been better

I loved and hated the janela vs omega match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it’s really interesting and possibly advantageous in the long run that NXT looks and feels like the smaller, grittier show compared to AEW’s high production, glossy look. I don’t think that’s an accident either, they’re taping in the same place as they used to sure and it looked a lot crisper then. Wrestling fans’ opinions change all the time and WWE framing themselves as almost an underdog, underground, cult-style promotion could work out well once the initial novelty of Dynamite wears off.

I don’t think you’ll get a complete role reversal, mind, the damage WWE has done with some of its fanbase is near-permanent and I’d say a lot of AEW’s base had stopped watching already. But I could see it being more back and forth than it is now in a few months.

Both drop again.

AEW drop about 51k NXT drop about 16k

AEW winning the keep Demo by 2 to 1.
    https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1187464925549092865?s=20

Should also be noted they are up against the World Series at the moment.

Worrying both shows keep dropping even against strong competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    Worrying both shows keep dropping even against strong competition

NXT seem to be controlling their drop more than AEW. The window is still big but NXT are slowly closing it. I'd say Trips will be happy enough if that trend becomes the norm.

NXT seem to be controlling their drop more than AEW. The window is still big but NXT are slowly closing it. I'd say Trips will be happy enough if that trend becomes the norm.

Nxt has been on longer so I say it’s finding more of it’s natural viewership now we’re it will take another 3 weeks for aew to get that

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I'd say NXT is near its floor it has dropped so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Both shows will be up against a lot in the States tonight, Game 7 of Baseball's World Series & the NBA being some of their competition for eyeballs, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a slight drop or if the numbers hold from last week.

Baseball will kill every show tonight not just wrestling.

Another drop was to be expected against the baseball but still not great they just keep Dropping

Wednesday Night Ratings] AEW: 759,000 / NXT: 580,00

From there debuts I think aew lost 600k and nxt 500k if my maths is correct

Great numbers from Both 40% jump from nxt shows it worked having them on the main show

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1192552639919271941?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Numbers for this week have been released.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1195085184367878144
    AEW: 957,000
    NXT: 750,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Numbers for this week have been released.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1195085184367878144

Great to see AEW doing well, really good rebound from the drop last week. Thought NXT would have done better with the main roster invasion stuff recently.

Great to see AEW doing well, really good rebound from the drop last week. Thought NXT would have done better with the main roster invasion stuff recently.

im still suprised both are doing as well as they are

i do wonder if for whatever reason one of the shows wasnt on in a week or preempted would the viewership would dramatically increase or do they have distinct viewership

• Advertisement

Nxt wins again thanksgiving had to come into play for both shows

https://twitter.com/kenton_la/status/1201614312122568704?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That AEW number is absolutely terrible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just outta curiosity, if you were watching AEW live and checking social media for, for example, last week would you have changed to NXT when you see Ciampa was fighting Balor in the main event? Or vice versa?
    AEW won the lower demographic anyway which is the main target demographic, as far as I know.

I did notice when going looking for both shows that there were more peers for AEW than NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's a battering. The AEW hype has fully subsided now.

I know it’s great there winning the young demographic But if they keep losing viewers it’s worrying over half there viewership from debut episode gone in 2 months although I’d expect a bump back up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's a massive drop it's not even about losing to NXT it's bout losing over 500k viewers since the start that's tough to pull back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was the TNT contract length revealed?

Excalibur & JR even made a joke about them needing to target the over 50's demo in last weeks episode.

Nearly double the amount of over 50's watching Nxt to AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That's a poor number from AEW. I know nxt had the buzz over the invasion and survivor series and all that but I'd have never expected that much of a gap. I mean it's the evening before thanksgiving and thanksgiving and wrestling have a long history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Do we know if nxt and AEW will be live on Christmas Day this year given that it falls on a Wednesday this year. You'd doubt they would but WWE did it a couple of years ago so it's not outside the realms of possibility of it happening again. Also given tha the nxt talent all live locally to nxt you'd never know.

Advertisement