Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doesn't Trump regularly tear up papers in the WH?

not only does he tear them up they have to be sellotaped back together as all of his documents must be archived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

she tore up her copy of the speech. you really need to try harder with this stuff

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/05/charlie-kirk/charlie-kirk-wrongly-suggests-pelosi-broke-law-rip/

Hey, nobody is above the law, right? I'm sure the democrat controlled House will censure Pelosi or refer a criminal case against her to the Justice Department. BAAHHHAAAA!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Would you say independents, people in purple states or even trump-hating republicans would be impressed by it?

Yes.

Why wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭weisses

notobtuse wrote: »
    Congressman Matt Gaetz has already filed ethics charges against Pelosi over it.

This Matt Gaetz ?

matt-gaetz-arrest-.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hey, nobody is above the law, right? I'm sure the democrat controlled House will censure Pelosi or refer a criminal case against her to the Justice Department. BAAHHHAAAA!

And your opinion on Trump ripping up official documents? Should he also get 3 years in jail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I can't be the only one who begins to type a reply to these type of posts, then thinks, nah I can't be bothered.

nobody has said she is above the law just that she didnt break any by tearing up a piece of paper. I'm embarrassed for you that you would post this nonsense.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who begins to type a reply to these type of posts, then thinks, nah I can't be bothered.
    And yet... you still did. :rolleyes:

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

nobody has said she is above the law just that she didnt break any by tearing up a piece of paper. I'm embarrassed for you that you would post this nonsense.
    Shoot the messenger?

Shoot the messenger?

when the messenger should be smart enough to know that they are posting nonsense then shooting them is entirely reasonable. you are smart enough to know it was nonsense, right?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Yes.

Why wouldn't they?

Because it was ridiculous and childish and stooped to the level that many accuse (sometimes rightfully) trump being at.

Lowering your standards of behaviour to such a level where you can be rightfully accused of being a petulant child is not impressive by any metric.

The fact that you see it as "genius" is either wilfully disingenuous or a poor reflection on your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭valoren

Ah bless him, Trump now playing the victim about how he suffered a "terrible ordeal" during the impeachment process. Maybe if he hadn't tried to strong arm Zelensky into interfering in a US election by smearing a prospective opponent then he would not have been subjected to his ordeal after he was caught dead to rights . Fair play to Romney who still has his conscience intact. Trump is guilty, there is no denying that and he called it. Look at the reaction to his vote, it is full on cultish attack mode which would make Scientologists blush. His vote was irrelevant but there is clearly a telling zero tolerance to anyone going against the narcissistic spoofer that is Trump by his disturbing enablers. If you criticise, if you do the right thing then you will be 'cancelled' so to speak. Luckily for Romney he is a multi-millionaire and getting cancelled and becoming a pariah will have no impact on him. He can look forward to basking in history vindicating him as the lone voice of dissent in the winds of autocratic madness that has engulfed the GOP.

Because it was ridiculous and childish and stooped to the level that many accuse (sometimes rightfully) trump being at.

Lowering your standards of behaviour to such a level where you can be rightfully accused of being a petulant child is not impressive by any metric.

The fact that you see it as "genius" is either wilfully disingenuous or a poor reflection on your standards.

Democrats get nowhere playing "mr nice guy" and holding the moral high ground.

You should take more issue with what was actually in the SOTU

when the messenger should be smart enough to know that they are posting nonsense then shooting them is entirely reasonable. you are smart enough to know it was nonsense, right?
    These type of things are brilliant politics and a way to combat the Democrat controlled biased media and their almost 100% negative reporting on Trump and almost 100% favorable reporting on democrats.

And you gotta love Cocaine Mitch. Immediately after the impeachment acquittal McConnell filled the Senate schedule with confirmation votes for more judges.

These type of things are brilliant politics and a way to combat the Democrat controlled biased media and their almost 100% negative reporting on Trump and almost 100% favorable reporting on democrats.

And you gotta love Cocaine Mitch. Immediately after the impeachment acquittal McConnell filled the Senate schedule with confirmation votes for more judges.

are you smart enough to know it was nonsense?

are you smart enough to know it was nonsense?
    I'd say I am smart enough to know what plays well in the court of public opinion. You?

I'd say I am smart enough to know what plays well in the court of public opinion. You?

Oh i'm sure it does play well with the idiots who support trump. You dont place yourself in that camp surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

This guy is just trolling at this stage, surely he doesnt even believe what he says himself

weisses wrote: »
    Democrats get nowhere playing "mr nice guy" and holding the moral high ground.

You should take more issue with what was actually in the SOTU

So acting like children and idiots is a better standard for them (the very thing they accuse trump of)? Ok.

I didn't take issue with the SOTU because there was nothing exceptionally outstanding about it. It was a decent speech which focused on positivity and well delivered.

By trumps standard it was quite mundane and statesman-like.

And yet again here you are talking about Nancy.

AshamedRequiredAntlion-small.gif

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    This guy is just trolling at this stage, surely he doesnt even believe what he says himself

they have just admitted as much.

So acting like children and idiots is a better standard for them

Yes ..Perfect strategy so now and then ... They will never reach the level of the republicans... So not to worried about that.

Dont talk about childish behavior When the President of the US cannot even shake hands with the speaker.

I didn't take issue with the SOTU because there was nothing exceptionally outstanding about it. It was a decent speech which focused on positivity and well delivered.

Everything he says is fact checked, you do know that right?

His speech was full of half truths, lies, division and to quote Lindsey a fair dollup of "Race Baiting".

You should have a look at any previous addresses from any President.

Then compare it to Donald. He is the creepy drunk simple uncle that was only invited to the wedding under duress and because he is rich.

And yet again here you are talking about Nancy.

AshamedRequiredAntlion-small.gif

Again, yes I am. As she did something ridiculous that was noteworthy. As I have stated, it has not detracted from the fact that Trump made a speech which was perfectly fine.

If her intention was to make herself look like an idiot and de facto make trump look more statesman-like, then yes I agree, it was a genius pr move.

Otherwise, it was a grave mis-step.

Oh i'm sure it does play well with the idiots who support trump. You dont place yourself in that camp surely?
    Not just Trump supporters, but independents, and even (shock-horror) democrats.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/34820-pelosi-s-stunt-backfires-angry-dems-call-c-span-trump-s-gallup-ratings-rise

As I have stated, it has not detracted from the fact that Trump made a speech which was perfectly fine.

I think we watched different speeches then

As one of the replies stated
    Too bad people weren't this triggered when Trump wiped himself with the Bill Of Rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lol at citing that rag as a credible source :pac:

What's your thoughts on Trump tearing up official documents? Should he be jailed for 3 years?

can you point out the bit in taht where a crime was alleged?

• Advertisement

He is the creepy drunk simple uncle that was only invited to the wedding under duress and because he is rich.

Ok. That is your opinion.

I'm not a cheerleader for trump nor am I someone who enjoys insulting him.

The SOTU was perfectly fine in my opinion (especially considering Trumps penchant for going off script) and I think you'd have to admit, because of your bias, nothing he could have said would have been acceptable to you.

As has been REPEATEDLY mentioned to me, Pelosi and her antics are the talking point now. It's a shame then because all of the lies that you have mentioned will now be footnotes.

Pelosi made a tit of herself and trump came across better for her antics.

A definite own-goal

Advertisement