Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ebbsy wrote: »
    Democrats in total chaos with the Iowa vote - full steam ahead for the #Trumptrain

The fact that you're using a hashtag on forum post highlights the idiocy of a trump supporter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They are probably trying to pork Sanders again - only this time they have been caught with their hands in the till.

And Trump will grab this with both hands.

#4moreyearsandthenhisson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

abff wrote: »
    Schiff is just pointing out the absurdity of Dershowitz’s argument that the president is to all intents and purposes above the law apart from very specific exceptions.

However, that doesn’t prevent Trump’s supporters from quoting part of his statement out of context and deliberately misrepresenting it as a serious suggestion.

Unfortunately that’s what we’ve been dealing with for the last few years and it’s only going to get worse until that miserable excuse for a human being is no longer in office.

LMAO! You complain about Trump supporters deliberately misrepresenting Schiff ... and then suggest that Dershowitz’s argument would excuse Trump giving Alaska to the Russians. You couldn't make it up. :P

Anyway, Alan has responded to Schiff deliberately misrepresenting him with the following WSJ article:

Democrats Are Lying About My Argument

The main thrust of my hourlong opening presentation was that a president could be impeached if he committed crimes or criminal-like behavior, regardless of whether his claimed motive was the public interest. I made this self-evident point in response to arguments by House impeachment managers that mixed motives could turn innocent conduct into a crime, and that a motive to help one’s re-election could be corrupt. I never suggested that if a politician believed that his re-election was in the public interest, that would excuse criminal or impeachable conduct.

Why the mendacious distortions? Because my arguments resonated with some senators. I could see their reactions while I was speaking. Several came to me at the end of the session to express agreement. Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma said publicly: “I agree with Alan Dershowitz—a liberal Democrat—who explained so well that more witnesses won’t change the fact that President Trump did not commit a crime or an impeachable offense.”

The distortion of my view into a justification for any and all presidential actions could create a dangerous precedent. The Senate vote to acquit may be taken as a confirmation that a president can do whatever he wants in pursuit of re-election—even commit serious crimes—if he thinks it’s in the public interest. That’s a nonsensical view, and it isn’t what I said or believe. Nor is it the precedent the senators who vote for acquittal intend to establish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

LMAO! You complain about Trump supporters deliberately misrepresenting Schiff and then claim Schiff was just pointing out the absurdity of Dershowitz’s argument which (according to him) would excuse Trump giving Alaska to the Russians :P

Alan responds here to Schiff deliberately misrepresenting him:

What's your thoughts on Trumps disgraceful behaviour during the national anthem?

More attempted deflection.

All you folks wanted to discuss since the whistleblower's complaint was impeachment, now all of a sudden you all want to talk about Greenland and national anthems :P

All though it is nice to see that anti-Trumpers have found a sudden respect for the American national anthem, didn't see that coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The President's behavior was shameful and wrong. His personal interests do not take precedence over those of this great nation. The President has the responsibility to uphold the integrity and the honor of the office, not just for himself, but for all future presidents. Degrading the office by actions or even name-calling weakens it for future presidents and it weakens our country

- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski

Cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What's your thoughts on Trumps disgraceful behaviour during the national anthem?

What he do??

What he do??

Usual dotard actions.

If you take a knee in protest you are a traitor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What he do??

What, the man who condemned football players for kneeling during the anthem as a form of protest protected under the First Amendment? What else would such a man, the President no less, do during the National Anthem?

Wave his arms about, make a show of himself and start moving his chair around before it's over.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarchAgainstTrump/comments/eyh9zb/trump_disrespects_the_national_anthem_at/

"You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. Or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there. Maybe you shouldn't be in the country."

- Donald J Trump

His immigrant wife was taking no chances.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    The fact that you're using a hashtag on forum post highlights the idiocy of a trump supporter

But at least Trump can produce a result on time...……..

Nobody will believe whatever made up figures are produced here.

He did stand proudly and then started conducting his had such pride.

Bit overexuberant perhaps, few too many Apple juices maybe, but to say that this was showing disrespect to the anthem is quite a read.

Have to say I find it odd that some of the same users that would normally argue that Antifa burning the American flag is appropriate, now have this sudden belief that when the anthem is being played, people should stand perfectly still.

I highly doubt they'd be expressing these views had this not being their devil incarnate, Donald J Trump.

Long week, a lot of work done with regards to trying to achieve peace in the middle east, topped off with finally getting news that this latest impeachment attempt will soon be behind him, more than understandable that he would want to let loose a little at what was clearly a semi-private event:

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1224502172651606016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Bit overexuberant perhaps, few too many Apple juices maybe, but to say that this was showing disrespect to the anthem is quite a read.

Have to say I find it odd that some of the same users that would normally argue that Antifa burning the American flag is appropriate, now have this sudden belief that when the anthem is being played, people should stand perfectly still.

I highly doubt they'd be expressing these views had this not being their devil incarnate, Donald J Trump.

He was pointing at others etc too

And you have to hold him to his own standards where he talked about NFL players disrepecting the national anthem and he does this during the super bowl, the irony is too much :pac:

As with everything imagine if Obama did this, Hannitys head would explode due to the total disrespect to the flag :pac:

Long week, a lot of work done with regards to trying to achieve peace in the middle east, topped off with finally getting news that this latest impeachment attempt will soon be behind him, more than understandable that he would want to let loose a little at what was clearly a semi-private event:

A video from Terrance Williams is nothing to shout about, a guy who yesterday call Rush Limbaugh a great man. Maybe Terrance forgot he is black and Rush is a racist

Democrats had 4 years to get ready to hold a vote - and made a balls out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,175 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is trumps belief that not standing still and upright for the national anthem is disrespecting it. He criticises people who have not done that. We are calling out his hypocrisy. and dont get me ****ing started on his middle east "peace" plan. what a disaster that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, then started pointing at people trying to get their attention. Such pride. Then started moving his chair around rather than wait half a minute until the anthem stopped. Such pride. Maybe he should lay off the apple juice (where the f*c kare pulling that from anyway because it's the second thread you've mentioned it on?) if it makes him act like that.

Regardless, considering his comments many times before in relation to the NFL players protests during the National Anthem, by his own metric Trump was being disrespectful.

I'm not even sure who antifa are or what their goals are. Don't give a f*ck about them. Burning the American flag could be seen as a protest (though not peaceful like the NFL players), I don't know. But again, by Trump's own metric, he was disrespecting the National Anthem and the troops with what he was doing.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/999599639996313600

Was Trump "standing proudly" when he began "conducting"? Was Trump "standing proudly" when he was looking around pointing at his buddies trying to get their attention? Was Trump "standing proudly" when he for no reason started moving his chair around?

Everyone else there (bar the woman taking the video) was standing proudly. No complaints. Trump was acting like a jackass.

But that's what apple juice does to some people I guess :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

ebbsy wrote: »
    Democrats had 4 years to get ready to hold a vote - and made a balls out of it.

A bias jury, WH withhold emails regarding Ukraine, refusal to allow witnesses, threats against Republicans by senior Republicans...yep, sure why not.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, then started pointing at people trying to get their attention. Such pride. Then started moving his chair around rather than wait half a minute until the anthem stopped. Such pride. Maybe he should lay off the apple juice (where the f*c kare pulling that from anyway because it's the second thread you've mentioned it on?) if it makes him act like that.

Regardless, considering his comments many times before in relation to the NFL players protests during the National Anthem, by his own metric Trump was being disrespectful.

I'm not even sure who antifa are or what their goals are. Don't give a f*ck about them. Burning the American flag could be seen as a protest (though not peaceful like the NFL players), I don't know. But again, by Trump's own metric, he was disrespecting the National Anthem and the troops with what he was doing.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/999599639996313600

Was Trump "standing proudly" when he began "conducting"? Was Trump "standing proudly" when he was looking around pointing at his buddies trying to get their attention? Was Trump "standing proudly" when he for no reason started moving his chair around?

Everyone else there (bar the woman taking the video) was standing proudly. No complaints. Trump was acting like a jackass.

But that's what apple juice does to some people I guess :rolleyes:

is apple juice what the cool kids are calling adderall these days?

It is trumps belief that not standing still and upright for the national anthem is disrespecting it. He criticises people who have not done that. We are calling out his hypocrisy. and dont get me ****ing started on his middle east "peace" plan. what a disaster that is.

At official engagements, yes, and Trump always does. If that were not the case, we'd have seen footage of it by now.
    kilns wrote: »
    And you have to hold him to his own standards where he talked about NFL players disrepecting the national anthem and he does this during the super bowl, the irony is too much :pac:

He was respectful. He was standing wasn't he. Not kneeling at an official engagement protesting it. It's absurd to compare the two.
    As with everything imagine if Obama did this, Hannitys head would explode due to the total disrespect to the flag :pac:

If Obama had Trump's record on respecting the anthem, no he wouldn't, but given that Obama even refused to wear the American flag pin during his tenure (at one point at least) then it would be understandable were anyone to feel it was indicative of their deeper feelings about America. In and of itself though, a little over exuberance could hardly be said to be disrespectful to America. What those NFL players did was though, and deliberately so too. That indeed, was their objective. 'America is a racist country' the subtext of their actions.
    kilns wrote: »
    A video from Terrance Williams is nothing to shout about, a guy who yesterday call Rush Limbaugh a great man. Maybe Terrance forgot he is black and Rush is a racist

Rush is dying. Maybe Terrance just has some class.

• Advertisement

At official engagements, yes, and Trump always does. If that were not the case, we'd have seen footage of it by now.

He was respectful. He was standing wasn't he. Not kneeling at an official engagement protesting it. It's absurd to compare the two.

If Obama had Trump's record on respecting the anthem, no he wouldn't, but given that Obama even refused to wear the American flag pin during his tenure (at one point at least) then it would be understandable were anyone to feel it was indicative of their deeper feelings about America. In and of itself though, a little over exuberance could hardly be said to be disrespectful to America. What those NFL players did was though, and deliberately so too. That indeed, was their objective. 'America is a racist country' the subtext of their actions.

Rush is dying. Maybe Terrance just has some class.

Your responses are hilarious

So if he does the YMCA during it as long as he is standing its fine you should hear yourself

Oh my god he didnt wear a pin, Trump has used the office as a slush fund, which is worse?

Rush is still a racist, just because someone is dying doesnt make them a better person

Official or not is irrelevant. It is their national anthem. they should show it the same respect every time. He wasn't standing still. Apparently that is beyond his dementia damaged brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Official or not is irrelevant. It is their national anthem. they should show it the same respect every time. He wasn't standing still. Apparently that is beyond his dementia damaged brain.
    I think the Democrats just found their next reason to impeach Trump.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think the Democrats just found their next reason to impeach Trump.

Ah the old trumpian playbook.

There was nothing wrong with what he did
    There was definitely nothing wrong with what he did
    Other people do it as well and you're a hypocrite for pointing.
    He did so it, so what. He is the greatest. #MAGA

Ah the old trumpian playbook.

There was nothing wrong with what he did
    There was definitely nothing wrong with what he did
    Other people do it as well and you're a hypocrite for pointing.
    He did so it, so what. He is the greatest. #MAGA
    What Trump did was somewhat disrespectful. But I don't really look forward to the Democrats in Congress doing very little for the benefit of the people and instead arguing for the next four months how it rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What Trump did was somewhat disrespectful. But I don't really look forward to the Democrats in Congress doing very little for the benefit of the people and instead arguing for the next four months how it rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

nobody has suggested they will. you are arguing against thin air. as per usual.

nobody has suggested they will. you are arguing against thin air. as per usual.
    I agree with you that it’s nonsensical... Just like the first Trump impeachment.

I agree with you that it’s nonsensical... Just like the first Trump impeachment.

i never said it was nonsensical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Hardly surprising that they don’t care. Most of them can barely think.

Advertisement