Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    If i'm Phil I reveal at 830. Give you time to resist the backlash and or reveal. Allow us to find a new target lynchee that isn't a cfd. Babs was essentially a cfd due to time constraints.

I asked at 8.15 if he had something to reveal, I said I could prove I was a villager. It's a moot point so let's focus on village core! Give the seer something to pick from

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Gertie Angus and wini.

What's up with the late votes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I had been thinking about that role for awhile. I’m not sure how awesome a good power it really is. If Babs ended up killing her self because she used her own power , on her birthday, that’s pretty dark stuff.

She probably hoped yesterday that a wolf would drop into the top 2 at least.

Phil WW wrote:
    We are awful at this game

:D

Conor WW wrote:
    I asked at 8.15 if he had something to reveal, I said I could prove I was a villager. It's a moot point so let's focus on village core! Give the seer something to pick from

Fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Gertie Angus and wini.

I was on Conor. Then he role revealed, and when I saw it, I switched. First to babs, then to Brendan.

The late role reveal forced it. I actually had voted Brendan at 4pm today, flipped off him in the afternoon, and then had to flip back last second.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Lynch Results

Candidate|Votes|Number of votes
    Brendan WW|Phil WW, Conor WW, Gertrude WW|3
    Barbara WW|Katie WW, Derry WW, Angus WW|3
    Winifred WW|Barbara WW, Liam WW,|2
    Gertrude WW|Brendan WW, Winifred WW|2
    Katie WW|Desmond WW,|1
    Conor WW|Clodagh WW|1

She did kill herself! Gerties vote was the last one that saved either herself and/or wini

Katie and derry. When did you hop on babs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Gertie Angus and wini.

I literally posted about mine as I was doing it.

Vote was on Winnie (per my FFA) but Katie hadn't actually role claimed and so I was going to move to her as most wolfie.

Then Conor came out as BG and I made the decision to save our BG so moved to Babs - I wrote it on-thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Babs voted Wini.....

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote:
    Vote was on Winnie (per my FFA) but Katie hadn't actually role claimed and so I was going to move to her as most wolfie.

You would lynch a soft claim over some of thr others who haven't claimed at all?

About 8.45 but I had the following ready to explain my reasoning:
    I’m voting Barbara. Something hasn’t been right about her all day so I tried to look up and see why she might think I’m worth being on an FFA. This is what I found when I looked at how many times Barbara has even said my name in this game:

Yay, I’m looking more and more villagey at 4 today?!

Wait I’m the most wolfy person in the village less then 2.5 hours later?

Well thank god for that, 20 minutes ago I thought I was your number 1 potential wolf in order of preference.

Thanks for mentioning me only the 4th time in the entire game. I hope you haven’t changed your mind again on me today, I just want to be friends and to not have explosives on me. You aren’t the baddy with explosives who strapped one to Phil by any chance?

I felt her gunning for me came out of nowhere, was actually why I was getting paranoid earlier.

About 8.45 but I had the following ready to explain my reasoning:

I felt her gunning for me came out of nowhere, was actually why I was getting paranoid earlier.

Click on the link to see Babs posts Liam.

I appreciate you outlined your reasoning derry but I'm not seeing it as very strong reasoning. I think you are justifying going after her for going after you.

You would lynch a soft claim over some of thr others who haven't claimed at all?

Yep.

"I'm an RV" is barely a soft claim. It's not a hint of what she might be. There's no way for anyone to counter that. Essentially it's saying, "please don't lynch me, I'm village".

I thought her posts were wolfy and I'd rather lynch someone I thought was wolfy than lynch someone who wasn't, just to make my vote count.

But I'd rather save our BG than either of the above.

I appreciate you outlined your reasoning derry but I'm not seeing it as very strong reasoning. I think you are justifying going after her for going after you.

Why did she go after me Liam? Couple that with her very odd behavior , I think it’s more then enough to suspect somebody. You aren’t going to go all captain hindsight on me now ?

Angus WW wrote:
    "I'm an RV" is barely a soft claim. It's not a hint of what she might be. There's no way for anyone to counter that. Essentially it's saying, "please don't lynch me, I'm village".

Yeah but we can make her full reveal tomorrow on the basis she made a soft claim. You don't lynch a soft claim without getting to the bottom of it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Gertie Angus and wini.

Late vote Liam? I voted for Gertrude after Brendan but how would you know if it was late or not? It was late because I just voted in time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I voted Babs the minute she started posting about magic bullets.

Yeah but we can make her full reveal tomorrow on the basis she made a soft claim. You don't lynch a soft claim without getting to the bottom of it.

We can't make her do anything. If you use your theory, all the wolf team has to do is say, "I'm an RV" any time they're up for lynch. Refuse to say who they are. Get lynched the next day. Repeat.

If you picked a wolf each time it would take you 8 day phases to go through them all.

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Babs voted Wini.....

And?

Derry WW wrote:
    Why did she go after me Liam? Couple that with her very odd behavior , I think it’s more then enough to suspect somebody. You aren’t going to go all captain hindsight on me now ?

I don't know. But we at least know whatever her motives, they came from a village POV.

Well it's kinda the entire game to analyse past behaviour. I hope you aren't suggesting all past actions are exempt from analysis :pac:

Btw, now you're not just playing Captain Hindsight, you're playing Captain Hypothetical.

You're complaining about my actual vote AND someone I didn't even vote for. Just tell me who to vote for next time Liam.

Late vote Liam? I voted for Gertrude after Brendan but how would you know if it was late or not? It was late because I just voted in time.

Because you are last on thr list of votes for your target.
    Angus WW wrote:
    We can't make her do anything. If you use your theory, all the wolf team has to do is say, "I'm an RV" any time they're up for lynch. Refuse to say who they are. Get lynched the next day. Repeat.

Of course we can. Katie, full reveal or we lynch you. We give her time to reveal. Not a loose vote with a few mins to go.

And if love if the wolves did that. Easy game to solve. We have more than just the lynch in our arsenal.

Angus WW wrote:
    You're complaining about my actual vote AND someone I didn't even vote for. Just tell me who to vote for next time Liam.

Can you self vote?

Angus WW wrote:

Well both were bad, so I am asking about both. You aren't above scrutiny Angus.

Because you are last on thr list of votes for your target.

Say brendan voted at 4pm (no idea if so) and I voted at 4.30pm. It would show up as Brendan, Winifred but would you class my vote as a late vote? Now it so happens that my vote was late enough but how would you know that?

Of course we can. Katie, full reveal or we lynch you. We give her time to reveal. Not a loose vote with a few mins to go.

that's literally what I said - it's an easy way for anyone to buy an extra day. I don't like it.

And you're STILL having a go at me for a vote I didn't even make!

And if love if the wolves did that. Easy game to solve. We have more than just the lynch in our arsenal.

What are you talking about? How does it make it any easier if they claim RV and you don't lynch them?! You have to have them up for lynch first!

Say brendan voted at 4pm (no idea if so) and I voted at 4.30pm. It would show up as Brendan, Winifred but would you class my vote as a late vote? Now it so happens that my vote was late enough but how would you know that?

I don't know. I was asking you about it.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote:
    What are you talking about? How does it make it any easier if they claim RV and you don't lynch them?! You have to have them up for lynch first!

Its not an infinite get out of jail card. You give them one freebee and then shoot them.

Advertisement