Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Watched Juliet, Naked a while ago and found it pretty enjoyable. It's based on a Nick Hornby book so if you liked High Fidelity, About a Boy, Fever Pitch etc it's worth a look.

It's a very enjoyable movie. Chris O'Dowd is toe-curlingly perfect as the obsessive fan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Sweatheart (2019).

Absolutely cracking creature feature. We follow Jen as she tries to survive on a stunning but barren desert island. It has no running water and no animal life... But it has a monstrous night-time visitor that comes from the sea.

Stunning Fiji cinematography, great creature FX, a well-delivered performance from the leading lady and an ominous synth soundtrack.

I would say this is the best monster horror I've seen since Neil Marshall's Dog Soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

^Why couldn't i find this in the search?^

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    ^Why couldn't i find this in the search?^

It's not on Netflix Ireland.

(It is on Now TV if you have that)

It's not on Netflix Ireland.

(It is on Now TV if you have that)

No ,don't have Now Tv, is this thread Now Tv and Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Watched Juliet, Naked a while ago and found it pretty enjoyable. It's based on a Nick Hornby book so if you liked High Fidelity, About a Boy, Fever Pitch etc it's worth a look.

I agree, another solid Hornby adaptation.

No ,don't have Now Tv, is this thread Now Tv and Netflix?

No. I was trying to be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sweatheart (2019).

Absolutely cracking creature feature. We follow Jen as she tries to survive on a stunning but barren desert island. It has no running water and no animal life... But it has a monstrous night-time visitor that comes from the sea.

Stunning Fiji cinematography, great creature FX, a well-delivered performance from the leading lady and an ominous synth soundtrack.

I would say this is the best monster horror I've seen since Neil Marshall's Dog Soldiers.

I got bored of it and switched it off, I might give it another go.

No. I was trying to be helpful.
    No, not aim at you ,thanks for putting me straight.

No, not aim at you ,thanks for putting me straight.

Sure this thread often mentions content from amazon prime too.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just that you come on here looking for something to watch on Netflix, someone recommends one, then you waste your time searching for it.

There is an Amazon Prime thread too, so no excuse for that, although it's only occasionally it happens

Just that you come on here looking for something to watch on Netflix, someone recommends one, then you waste your time searching for it.

Ah come on... How much time could you possibly waste.

There is an Amazon Prime thread too, so no excuse for that, although it's only occasionally it happens

Yeah sure this thread is in the Film forums but TV can be mentioned.

Ah come on... How much time could you possibly waste.
    Don't want to waste anytime,why should i, this is a Netflix thread (Netflix Recommendations),there must be Now tv and Amazon threads.

Don't want to waste anytime,why should i, this is a Netflix thread (Netflix Recommendations),there must be Now tv and Amazon threads.

Fair enough, I'll drop it.

Ratched is excellent if you haven't seen it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You've probably wasted more time actually making your point.

There are countless recommendations in this thread, the very vast majority are available on Netflix.

Fair enough, I'll drop it.

Ratched is excellent if you haven't seen it.

will look up, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Half way through Enola Holmes and not particularly enjoying it at all. Not sure if it's the character, the actress or the "breaking the 4th wall" style. Just finding it rather irritating. May stick it out to the end now.

Anyone enjoy it? I'm a huge Holmes fan, loved the movies with RDJ but I don't feel Brown has the charisma to pull this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Watching the cheesy "Love Guaranteed". Needed something mindless, so far it ticks the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Half way through Enola Holmes and not particularly enjoying it at all. Not sure if it's the character, the actress or the "breaking the 4th wall" style. Just finding it rather irritating. May stick it out to the end now.

Anyone enjoy it? I'm a huge Holmes fan, loved the movies with RDJ but I don't feel Brown has the charisma to pull this off.

Currently watching it now as well. It's grand like but I think it clearly aimed at a younger audience. The fourth wall breaking just isn't really well written and there are a lot of moments where Enola's sees clues that audience wouldn't realise are clues so the movie then has to do clumsy flashbacks to fill us in. Like yourself, I feel I may as well see it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Watched the 2018 Halloween because it had a decent RT rating and some favourable reviews on Reddit.

Absolute tripe. Insultingly bad. Turned it off after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Didn't really like enola holmes at all. I just liked the backdrop and the era it was placed in but the story was boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the 2018 Halloween because it had a decent RT rating and some favourable reviews on Reddit.

Absolute tripe. Insultingly bad. Turned it off after an hour.
    Yep, saw it in cinema on release after seeing the positive reviews and thought it was an absolute turd!

Jamie Lee Curtis playing Kris Kristofferson was the most frightening thing about it..

halloween-2018-still-jamie-lee-curtis.jpg

And to think, the excellent Danny McBride was one of the writers... hope the paycheque was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Watching the cheesy "Love Guaranteed". Needed something mindless, so far it ticks the boxes.

Indeed mindless fluff of the 2/3 star variety. Was only going to end one way

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Making my way through Timeless, then saw another film in my list leaving soon. So watched Road House before it leaves in a few days.
    Now back to Timeless

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Making my way through Timeless, then saw another film in my list leaving soon. So watched Road House before it leaves in a few days.
    Now back to Timeless

I really enjoyed S1 of Timeless but for some reason never went back to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

16 episodes in season 1 and 12 in 2.
    On episode 8 at the moment.
    I do like that they don't assume everyone knows everything about American history

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Posted in here about Timeless before and I'd recommend it as an enjoyable if a little bit cheesy TV show - don't take the time travel paradoxes too seriously and just have fun. It's great seeing the different eras they travel to and you'll meet some famous people along the way. A lot of fun without taxing the brain too much.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    16 episodes in season 1 and 12 in 2.
    On episode 8 at the moment.
    I do like that they don't assume everyone knows everything about American history

It felt like they delved into some of the lesser known history too, and I appreciated how they acknowledge the difficulties having a black team member throws up in particular eras.

Advertisement