Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which obnoxious Friends character are you?

Options
1235»

Comments

Greyfox wrote: »
    I'd love them to do one but I know it will be terrible. I don't think it will happen though as I reckon even the actors know what worked then wouldnt work now
    Plus where would it be set? We know from JOEY (TV programme) that Joey moved to live with his rocket scientist nephew in Hollywood. So that means that both old apartments are gone.

Unless Ross and Rachel / Phoebe and Mike took over the lease at Monica's. But that's not likely, they're only. 2-beds and not suitable for a family.

It wouldn't be the same without the old set. I'm mot sure how they'll get over that one.

It's been 15 years, so I guess the gang could return to Manhattan in a few more years, after Emma and the Bing's triplets go off to college. Yes I think that's how it will play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I loved and still love Friends.

I think there is a certain amount of comedy snobbery going on with some people who criticise it so strongly.

Of course, people find different things amusing. So, if you didn't find Friends funny, if you even hated it, fair enough. I just don't understand the need that some people seem to have to attack a show that was first aired 25 years ago!

Anyway, as for the three questions posed by the OP:

Why was this TV show ever popular?
    Obviously because a huge amount of people found it amusing. Fairly evident, I would have thought.

Who was the most awful character?
    All of the main characters had their flaws. Their positive characteristics far outweighed their negatives though. Wouldn't describe any of them as awful though.

Of the secondary and minor characters I really disliked Emily, and Danny (the bloke who lived in the same apartment block for a few episodes and had a strange relationship with his sister).

And which of these horrible, horrible people do you identify with?
    I never felt that I was remotely similar to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Friends is great, coming from a time when men didn't get man flu, they just got sick and not everyone needed to identify with someone or something, time to man up a bit op

Friends is great, coming from a time when men didn't get man flu, they just got sick and not everyone needed to identify with someone or something, time to man up a bit op
    Back when people used to say things like "man up", men suffered in silence, be it with flu or crippling existential anguish. These days, we spread the misery around a bit.

The world has changed SW. You change with it, or you expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Let's face it. They're all horrible people.

Self-involved, sexist, downright rude.

Are you fcuking perfect?????
    Get down off the high horse and then talk to the rest of us ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Abel Ruiz wrote: »

Are you getting offended on behalf of characters in a sit-com that's nearly 30 years old?

Are you getting offended on behalf of characters in a sit-com that's nearly 30 years old?

Nope. The op is talking nonsense.
    Horrible person

Nope. The op is talking nonsense.
    Horrible person
    Bro Mum said if you don't get off the internet now she's going to make you repeat the leaving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Will you be around for the next tournament thread? And more importantly, do you like Meanies?

Bro Mum said if you don't get off the internet now she's going to make you repeat the leaving again.

Hmmmm not funny.
    You big cnut

• Advertisement

Will you be around for the next tournament thread? And more importantly, do you like Meanies?

Doubt it.
    But yep, I like em

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Doubt it.
    But yep, I like em

You're hired, Abel. I particularly enjoyed your use of the C word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I loved and still love Friends.

I think there is a certain amount of comedy snobbery going on with some people who criticise it so strongly.

Of course, people find different things amusing. So, if you didn't find Friends funny, if you even hated it, fair enough. I just don't understand the need that some people seem to have to attack a show that was first aired 25 years ago!

Anyway, as for the three questions posed by the OP:

Why was this TV show ever popular?
    Obviously because a huge amount of people found it amusing. Fairly evident, I would have thought.

Who was the most awful character?
    All of the main characters had their flaws. Their positive characteristics far outweighed their negatives though. Wouldn't describe any of them as awful though.

Of the secondary and minor characters I really disliked Emily, and Danny (the bloke who lived in the same apartment block for a few episodes and had a strange relationship with his sister).

And which of these horrible, horrible people do you identify with?
    I never felt that I was remotely similar to any of them.

im just sick of it now as it's on comedy central 90% of the day and have insufferable (female) mates who try to recreate the show in their lifes(like im such a monica)...............and it jumped a cliff after the series ending of them going to Vegas, they flanderized the characters, Monica was a sweet neurotic woman to a shrill loud unlikable bully, Phoebe was weird but later on more spiteful psycho , Joey became more thicker, Chandler became a whipped wuss, Ross was just went from unlucky nerd, to psycho...Rachel was the only one who progressed into a normal person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

im just sick of it now as it's on comedy central 90% of the day and have insufferable (female) mates who try to recreate the show in their lifes(like im such a monica)...............and it jumped a cliff after the series ending of them going to Vegas, they flanderized the characters, Monica was a sweet neurotic woman to a shrill loud unlikable bully, Phoebe was weird but later on more spiteful psycho , Joey became more thicker, Chandler became a whipped wuss, Ross was just went from unlucky nerd, to psycho...Rachel was the only one who progressed into a normal person
    You're such a Monica.

Ross was just went from unlucky nerd, to psycho
    I was thinking "what does he mean, psycho?"

Then I remembered... didn't Ross once break into his ex's (Mona's) apartment to 'retrieve his jumper'? He hid behind some furniture while she was being intimate with another man.

Actual nutter. He'd be doing 5-10 in Riker's Island for his various transgressions, in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Doubt it.
    But yep, I like em

One of us! One of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I was thinking "what does he mean, psycho?"

Then I remembered... didn't Ross once break into his ex's (Mona's) apartment to 'retrieve his jumper'? He hid behind some furniture while she was being intimate with another man.

Actual nutter. He'd be doing 5-10 in Riker's Island for his various transgressions, in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    You're making great use of your own time getting wound up over someone saying he doesn't like Friends.

I have time to get wound up, read books, watch Friends and more “worthy” productions AND scratch my arse. Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I’d probably be Gunther

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Rachel's tits.

They are my favorite characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Friends is an entertaining show and it is actually funny in a lot of places. It just hasn't dated well. That being said, I didn't agree with a lot of the characters attitudes back when I watched it. Was still worry watching now and then.

Worst character is Rachel. Just vapid and not interesting. And yes, they were on a break so she can suck it. Ross is a strong contender too. Arrogant controlling and whiny. His ex-wife is worse though: she leaves him and then continues to treat him like ****. Her partner really digs into him as well. Deeply unpleasant people.

No wait, scratch that. Carol and Susan were the absolute biggest *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never really got the mass popularity of Friends the last couple of years. Like it's status of being popular show to cult show I guess?

Would consider Seinfeld to be the better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Right now.

Im ugly naked guy.

Advertisement