Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which obnoxious Friends character are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Probably Dugan. Him or Jack Klompus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Phoebe.

Janice was the most normal recurring character.
    I don't know what was supposed to be wrong with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Talking about unlikeable characters, check out the show Love on Netflix - really funny, but the main characters are pretty much completely unlikeable (but you end up liking them).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Janice was the most normal recurring character.
    I don't know what was supposed to be wrong with her.

Her laugh.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'd like to know why if it was so unpopular and terrible, you have spent two whole days watching it and taking notes, while you had a wealth of other stuff to watch at your fingertips! :D
    I like Friends. But i hadn't realised in the past how annoying some of the characters are.

Even though she can be irritating and needy, I actually sometimes feel sorry for Monica. She's deeply insecure, probably as a result of being constantly belittled by her own mother, and sometimes the group takes advantage of her.

They once forced her to cook an incredibly time-consuming Thanksgiving Dinner for them, and not one of them helped (except Chandler, and he did next to nothing) and then they don't show up. They are always in her apartment eating her food and basically walking all over her. Nobody ever tries to intervene to help her from herself -- not even when she was dangerously overweight. They just keep using her throughout the ten seasons for their own benefit.

My favourite character is Janice. Thank goodness she got away from that dysfunctional group of individuals. She is funny, very forgiving and very loving. She's also very attractive. The disdain in which the group holds her is indicative of a very insecure and honestly rather hostile group of people.

My favourite character is Janice. Thank goodness she got away from that dysfunctional group of individuals. She is funny, very forgiving and very loving. She's also very attractive.

Janice was an insufferable squawk. A laugh that could shatter glass. Very attractive? Hardly.

You're taking the piss.

Janice was an insufferable squawk. A laugh that could shatter glass. Very attractive? Hardly.

You're taking the piss.
    1. Yes, the thread is supposed to be light-hearted. I don't know why some people are taking it really seriously.

2. Janice was stunning. You'll have done worse I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

1. Yes, the thread is supposed to be light-hearted. I don't know why some people are taking it really seriously.
    Because it's Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I like Friends. But i hadn't realised in the past how annoying some of the characters are.

Even though she can be irritating and needy, I actually sometimes feel sorry for Monica. She's deeply insecure, probably as a result of being constantly belittled by her own mother, and sometimes the group takes advantage of her.

They once forced her to cook an incredibly time-consuming Thanksgiving Dinner for them, and not one of them helped (except Chandler, and he did next to nothing) and then they don't show up. They are always in her apartment eating her food and basically walking all over her. Nobody ever tries to intervene to help her from herself -- not even when she was dangerously overweight. They just keep using her throughout the ten seasons for their own benefit.

My favourite character is Janice. Thank goodness she got away from that dysfunctional group of individuals. She is funny, very forgiving and very loving. She's also very attractive. The disdain in which the group holds her is indicative of a very insecure and honestly rather hostile group of people.

OP....

I am getting worried about you now. You need to leave the house and rejoin the human race.

Go on the beer or something. Visit a hooker. Anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Raconteuse wrote: »
    It's become very trendy to complain about Friends. I thought it was hilarious back then. When I see snippets of it now, I still do.

Uh huh.

It’d be pretty dull if they didn’t all have massive faults. Though I could do without latter Phoebe. She’s the character that I don’t understand why they put up with.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I’m not a huge fan of Friends. It was watchable back when it was first on but I think only nostalgic dullards enjoy it these days, both pining back to simpler times and throwing away the time they have now instead of reading, or running or watching something more substantive.

My daughter loves it, though, and she told me I was like the character Hugh Laurie plays. I don’t remember seeing him in it.

Oh yeah, you’re the guy who said nobody found it funny in a thread not so long ago. You were swiftly and strongly corrected. We remember.

Try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Phoebe gets a bad rap but I think she's alright.

She and Joey bring a bit of levity to the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Oh yeah, you’re the guy who said nobody found it funny in a thread not so long ago. You were swiftly and strongly corrected. We remember.

Try harder.
    Try what harder? Liking Friends? I'm grand, thanks.

I'm calling out an obvious wind-up. You delve deeply into the motivations of characters on a fictional TV show, decrying their "disdain" and "hostility". Anything but light-hearted. And then pour cold water on those who highlight your transparent intentions. There's a world of difference between a fun thread and a shameless parody, this is the latter.
    Would you at least agree that Janice is good looking?

491036.jpg

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Try what harder? Liking Friends? I'm grand, thanks.

Nah, you’ve just changed your tack.

Many people manage to watch that show and many others and read and exercise. You can’t do that? Sucks to be you. Time-management skills are very valuable.

I'm calling out an obvious wind-up. You delve deeply into the motivations of characters on a fictional TV show, decrying their "disdain" and "hostility". Anything but light-hearted. And then pour cold water on those who highlight your transparent intentions. There's a world of difference between a fun thread and a shameless parody, this is the latter.
    Obvious wind-up?

Dude, chill. Its just a thread about a trivial TV programme. I'm making it sound like I'm taking it more seriously than it is. That is named a joke. You don't have to read it or laugh. Have a good one.

Nah, you’ve just changed your tack.

Many people manage to watch that show and many others and read and exercise. You can’t do that? Sucks to be you. Time-management skills are very valuable.
    You're making great use of your own time getting wound up over someone saying he doesn't like Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The disdain in which the group holds her is indicative of a very insecure and honestly rather hostile group of people.

Her supposedly been annoying was part of the joke.. the ex Chandler couldnt get away from. In fairness she says oh my god better then anybody else in existence.. its probably down to her that the saying is so popular

It's a joke.

At least you admitted it.

Excuse me now, while I hold my sides lest they break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Obvious wind-up?

Dude, chill. Its just a thread about a trivial TV programme. I'm making it sound like I'm taking it more seriously than it is. That is named a joke. You don't have to read it or laugh. Have a good one.

1516783020404098.gif

The tide is turning…

The disdain in which the group holds her is indicative of a very insecure and honestly rather hostile group of people.
    What about the disdain some people have shown you for starting this thread Tyrant? And you know what? I agree with them!

Fúck you for not starting a much needed traveller bashing thread and fúck you again for making this gross effrontery to humanity of a thread. You sicken me!!!

Guy Person wrote: »
    What about the disdain some people have shown you for starting this thread Tyrant? And you know what? I agree with them!

Fúck you for not starting a much needed traveller bashing thread and fúck you again for making this gross effrontery to humanity of a thread. You sicken me!!!

“Friends” is no laughing matter.

The tide is turning…

Guy Person wrote: »

You know what we don't need more of during these difficult times? Levity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I presume there will a reunion at some stage. Where the actors get paid monumental amounts of money to do a 6 part special where Monica and Chandler rock up with a load of kids; Ross and Rachel rock up with no kids because of getting back together too late to have kids; Phoebe rocks in with a guitar to the apartment, and Joey finally found fame as a serious actor with a fragile side to himself.

Everyone will watch it, and complain that it didn’t capture the original show, and was probably a cynical money grab that taps into the sometimes overwhelming force of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

“Friends” is no laughing matter.

Friends are no laughing matter.

Obvious wind-up?

Dude, chill. Its just a thread about a trivial TV programme. I'm making it sound like I'm taking it more seriously than it is.

It's not a trivial TV programme though its one of TV's most loved shows. I realise now you were joking but when someone says something negative on the internet people like me naturally overreact.. and sure i'm in work so I've nothing better to be doing :o

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Friends are no laughing matter.

Well, yours certainly aren’t laughing.

The tide is turning…

I presume there will a reunion at some stage. Where the actors get paid monumental amounts of money to do a 6 part special where Monica and Chandler rock up with a load of kids; Ross and Rachel rock up with no kids because of getting back together too late to have kids; Phoebe rocks in with a guitar to the apartment, and Joey finally found fame as a serious actor with a fragile side to himself.

Everyone will watch it, and complain that it didn’t capture the original show, and was probably a cynical money grab that taps into the sometimes overwhelming force of nostalgia.

I'd love them to do one but I know it will be terrible. I don't think it will happen though as I reckon even the actors know what worked then wouldnt work now

• Advertisement

Well, yours certainly aren’t laughing.
    Well, yours certainly isn't laughing.

Advertisement