Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually believe that Gerry Adams wasn't in the IRA?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,660 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maccored wrote: »
    you may get on to the guards there markodaly - you obviously seem to have inside information other people dont

I think Paul Williams gets an extra fiver everytime he can wedge the word 'paramilitary' into a sentence. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nah, everyone knows he was in it up to his neck. He doesn't really have the toughness or hard exterior Martin had so its hard to visualise this seemingly mind mannered barman being so influential or feared but he obviously had something about him that maybe we didn't see.

I don't know who said it of him that there was "something of the night in Gerry Adams" meaning he was a dark and sinister figure. I agree with that, hes just off in every way. Psychopathic.

21% of all CEO's are psychopathic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2016/09/16/gene-marks-21-percent-of-ceos-are-psychopaths-only-21-percent/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No veil to slip. I've posted on that numerous times. She is affiliated with FG, nasty maybe, but slander it is not. You use her and Jean McConville when discussing the weather ffs..

You have repeatedly slandered the woman over a brief time associated with dissidents when she was very vulnerable having been raped and abused by republicans associated with Sinn Fein and subjected to the trauma of a kangaroo court.

It makes for nauseating reading.

if they had no support they would have all been caught. use your head - people wouldn't have protected and hid them otherwise.

Oh yes - sure they were all forced to :rolleyes:

Just like the people going around torturing employees of QIH don't seem to be caught. Are you saying that the people of Fermanagh and Monaghan support the attack on Kevin Lunney?

blanch152 wrote: »
    You have repeatedly slandered the woman over a brief time associated with dissidents when she was very vulnerable having been raped and abused by republicans associated with Sinn Fein and subjected to the trauma of a kangaroo court.

It makes for nauseating reading.

By not using the word 'allegedly' in front of 'raped and abused' you have done a bit of slandering yourself.

Regardless of what you personally believe or what I personally believe about what happened, a man was prepared to go into a court and defend himself against these allegations.
    Did somebody mention 'kangaroo courts' in the same sentence as they themselves assumed guilt? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Hold on, with absolutely no intention of diminishing what happened to Mairia Cahill....what part of referring to her as a dissident with regards to the GFA, or stating that she was stood as a senator by Labour is in any way slanderous? Those are both factual statements.

Blanch, you're a fierce one for pulling in certain names when it suits the agenda to put down SF, in fact I don't believe anyone has mentioned her as much as you on Boards. Don't stoop down to rank hypocrisy.

I suppose I'll be accused of 'defending' SF for pointing that out...

tipptom wrote: »
    As if you give a F*ck about Maria Cahill.

Disingenuous doesn't even come close to you pretending you give a damn about a dissident republican and what she went through.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mairia-cahill-dissidents-2440794-Nov2015/

Mairia Cahill has fully explained her time with dissident republicanism - a matter of a few months - when she was vulnerable as a result of the way that Gerry Adams treated her, yet you have posters repeatedly coming on here and labelling her as a dissident for their own snide purposes.

Sinn Fein sympathisers try to deflect her cogent and accurate criticism of Sinn Fein by disingenuous references to her brief flirtation with dissident republicanism.

By not using the word 'allegedly' in front of 'raped and abused' you have done a bit of slandering yourself.

Regardless of what you personally believe or what I personally believe about what happened, a man was prepared to go into a court and defend himself against these allegations.
    Did somebody mention 'kangaroo courts' in the same sentence as they themselves assumed guilt? :rolleyes:

I believe the woman was raped and abused. Do you?

So no need for allegedly.

SF bought into the process from the start, the SDLP tacitly expelled Hume and made him make the talks a solo run.
    The core SDLP simply didn't trust SF, but you are trying to make the case that they turned their back on the SDLP and immediately trusted and continue to trust SF.
    Doesn't compute tbh.

Except when they are voting for SF. Plenty of the usual suspects on here have expressed that particular 'bewilderment'. :D:D

More revisionism.

Sinn Fein kept up support for punishment beatings, kangaroo courts, killings, bombings and other atrocities while pretending to be talking peace.

It was only as the IRA was falling apart that they came seriously to the table.

I believe the woman was raped and abused. Do you?

So no need for allegedly.

It doesn't matter what you or I believe blanch. A man is willing to go into court to defend the allegations against him.

If you had any real interest in human rights you would automatically use the word 'alleged' just as I use it when talking about the Dublin/Monaghan bombings for instance. British collusion there is an 'allegation' and as yet unproven.

Mairia Cahill has fully explained her time with dissident republicanism - a matter of a few months - when she was vulnerable as a result of the way that Gerry Adams treated her, yet you have posters repeatedly coming on here and labelling her as a dissident for their own snide purposes.

Jesus. It's always Gerry's fault in blanch's wee world. Funny stuff. :D

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah christ Francie, grow up for once. We are not talking here about stealing a Mars bar.

A neighbor of yours was kidnapped, beaten, stabbed and tortured by hired ex-Provo goons and here you are trying to score points on the internet.

Have a go at your mate, MattBarrett as he brought up the idea of dissidents when he wanted to have a pop at a rape victim.
    Or maybe, get off the net and try and help your border community, it sure seems like it needs it.

The only credible hypothesis is that that crime was committed by ex-republicans and that they are being sheltered by the local communities in Fermanagh, Cavan and Monaghan.

Unless it was an alien abduction, there is no other believable explanation for what happened.

Jesus. It's always Gerry's fault in blanch's wee world. Funny stuff. :D

You must hate the #metoo movement that actually believes women.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/mairia-cahill-demands-withdrawal-of-sick-gerry-adams-cookbook-37201134.html

The only credible hypothesis is that that crime was committed by ex-republicans and that they are being sheltered by the local communities in Fermanagh, Cavan and Monaghan.

Unless it was an alien abduction, there is no other believable explanation for what happened.

Wots an 'ex-republican' when they are at home? :rolleyes: :D

I am willing to believe anybody blanch.

Ideally, that is why we have justice systems.
    You just correctly derided kangaroo courts but have been spouting the outcome of one you held with yourself as judge and jury.

Hypocritical? Yep, you sure are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I think Paul Williams gets an extra fiver everytime he can wedge the word 'paramilitary' into a sentence. :)

isnt that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s threads like this that make me so thankful I’m not a Shinner. The defence of the indefensible, the moral emptiness, the tacit acceptance of criminality. Ghouls.

Just like the people going around torturing employees of QIH don't seem to be caught. Are you saying that the people of Fermanagh and Monaghan support the attack on Kevin Lunney?

the Quinn attack isnt related to the PIRA and the conflict blanch152, no matter how much you wish it was

More revisionism.

Sinn Fein kept up support for punishment beatings, kangaroo courts, killings, bombings and other atrocities while pretending to be talking peace.

It was only as the IRA was falling apart that they came seriously to the table.

they built the fecken table along with Hume - jaysus talk about revisionism! You seem to be expert at that

It’s threads like this that make me so thankful I’m not a Shinner. The defence of the indefensible, the moral emptiness, the tacit acceptance of criminality. Ghouls.

Ha ha...the big bad 'Shinners' are found guilty of the attack on Kevin Lunney in another kangaroo court. :D:D:D

You really couldn't make this stuff up.

the Quinn attack isnt related to the PIRA and the conflict blanch152, no matter how much you wish it was
    if they had no support they would have all been caught. use your head - people wouldn't have protected and hid them otherwise.

Oh yes - sure they were all forced to :rolleyes:

There are distinct parallels, brought up by you.

You claim that SF/IRA had support because the terrorists weren't caught because they were protected and hidden.

In all the attacks on QIH, the same applies.

Either the people of Fermanagh, Cavan and Monaghan secretly supported, protected and hid both the IRA and the QIH terrorists (and they are terrorists too) or neither.

• Advertisement

You claim that SF/IRA had support because the terrorists weren't caught because they were protected and hidden.

Either the people of Fermanagh, Cavan and Monaghan secretly supported, protected and hid both the IRA and the QIH terrorists (and they are terrorists too) or neither.

FFS...what an incredible bit of stretching went on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

isnt that the lad who claims to be from the west of ireland, then claims to be 'local' to fermanagh etc etc - and he's really from Leitrim ....

Leitrim is in the west of Ireland.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

theres 20 years difference blanch152. seriously - you are being quite silly with your insinuations

SafeSurfer wrote: »

it isnt in the north of ireland. the day before yesaterday mr williams was telling newstalk how he was born locally to fermanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Sinn Fein sympathisers try to deflect her cogent and accurate criticism of Sinn Fein by disingenuous references to her brief flirtation with dissident republicanism.

Ah now she has not fully explained her time with RNU at all she was one of its leaders a real hardliner calling for rejection and worse of PSNI

it isnt in the north of ireland. the day before yesaterday mr williams was telling newstalk how he was born locally to fermanagh.

Leitrim and Fermanagh share a border. Leitrim has a coastline on the Atlantic. Apart from a handful of home birthers nobody has been born in Leitrim in years. There is no maternity hospital.

Leitrim and Fermanagh share a border. Leitrim has a coastline on the Atlantic. Apart from a handful of home birthers nobody has been born in Leitrim in years. There is no maternity hospital.

It wouldn't just be that Williams is a bone lazy sensationalist journalist?

It wouldn't just be that Williams is a bone lazy sensationalist journalist?

No it’s more likely the previous poster has a tenuous grasp on geography as well as history.

No it’s more likely the previous poster has a tenuous grasp on geography as well as history.

naw - I'd go for the lazy journalist angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

That's actually entirely plausible.

Advertisement