Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wednesday the 18th December - double episode from 8pm.

First episode is a look back on the season I think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see Alan Sugar is the keynote speaker at the Pendulum summit in Dublin in January following on from Boris Johnston last January. Boris got 50k for a 30 minute speech so I would imagine Sugar will be getting similar wedge. Nice money if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

All those business plans were god awful. Really makes a mockery of the show when it concludes with your man wanting to set up a glorified 6th year holiday company and another one setting up a coffee shop..

They should really provide some coaching on this. Surely they could have someone work with the candidates in the house to fill in the gaps and firm up to ensure they have decent quality business plans, rather than just picking holes at interviews. But it's not really about the business, is it?

Still Ill wrote: »
    The final is always a complete waste of time. Might be worth watching the boardroom bit, but the task is always completely dull. Hard to believe he wouldn't have his mind made up by the end of the interview stage.
    It's usually good to see the other candidates back in a situation where they're not competing with each other - much more of a co-operative, teamworking approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

It's usually good to see the other candidates back in a situation where they're not competing with each other - much more of a co-operative, teamworking approach.

While I agree with that, having that shower "help" launch your business makes it even more of a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,306 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The final is missing all the pressure points that make a regular episode fun, for me anyway.

No Team Leader selection and subsequent bitching, no slow reveal by Claude and Karren of the winning team, no cafe argument, no picking of bottom 3, no arguing amongst bottom 3 in boardroom, no tension as Sugar does his almost-sack-someone routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The final is missing all the pressure points that make a regular episode fun, for me anyway.

No Team Leader selection and subsequent bitching, no slow reveal by Claude and Karren of the winning team, no cafe argument, no picking of bottom 3, no arguing amongst bottom 3 in boardroom, no tension as Sugar does his almost-sack-someone routine.

Agree with this 100%.

Also, they usually show both contestants in a really good light. None of that plodding music in the background like they usually play to highlight the contestant's ineptitude. The type of music heard every time Dean was on screen this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Wasn't the final not usually on a Sunday night. After the Sports personality of the year awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still Ill wrote: »
    Agree with this 100%.

Also, they usually show both contestants in a really good light. None of that plodding music in the background like they usually play to highlight the contestant's ineptitude. The type of music heard every time Dean was on screen this series.

yeah the final is more so a celebration of the finalists rather than the ribbing they get in the tasks leading up to it.
    Wasn't the final not usually on a Sunday night. After the Sports personality of the year awards.

Yeah the final was always on Sundays from my recollection. Maybe the viewing numbers are down and the powers that be in the BBC felt it no longer deserves a Sunday night prime time slot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

One bonus of not after the Sports personality of the year awards is it will be on time, that usually ran over a good few minutes

But then your fired is now ruined so wont watch the full show anyway

Am I the only person who thinks The Apprentice flew by this year. Maybe because I skipped many You're Fireds, but it doesn't feel like we had 10+ episodes.

The last episode is never my favourite for all the reasons mentioned, but also:

It brings back all previous contestants even the really hopeless ones and they put the ones who didn't get on with the finalists on that team but they all get on really well somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah the final is more so a celebration of the finalists rather than the ribbing they get in the tasks leading up to it.

Yeah the final was always on Sundays from my recollection. Maybe the viewing numbers are down and the powers that be in the BBC felt it no longer deserves a Sunday night prime time slot
    I don't think the ratings are issue, if you look at Wikipedia it's pretty similar to last year's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to seeing Thomas again on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah the last episode is always just a big bag of boring. Two things always grate me immensely.

First is that they have to think of a product or company name and they are nearly always struggling like nobody's business to pick it. Clearly they can't pick their existing one or whatever is in their business plan but jesus either let them pick it or let them use the default team name. You'd think their final presentation is fairly set going in or at least should be.

Second is that the whole episode pivots on the business plan. And in nearly every case it is subsequently tweaked fairly substantially when it comes to launching. And whilst I get that it needs to be business friendlier and take on Lord Sugars input to maximise returns and viability, it just completely devalues the point of the last episode. Again it harks back to the problem with the 'business partner' prize of the last x number of years.

And as a bonus point, and christ knows I mention it enough but if we ever get joint winners again, I'm out this time.

Yeah the last episode is always just a big bag of boring. Two things always grate me immensely.

First is that they have to think of a product or company name and they are nearly always struggling like nobody's business to pick it. Clearly they can't pick their existing one or whatever is in their business plan but jesus either let them pick it or let them use the default team name.

Second is that the whole episode pivots on the business plan. And in nearly every case it is subsequently tweaked fairly substantially when it comes to launching. And whilst I get that it needs to be business friendlier and take on Lord Sugars input ., it just completely devalues the point of the last episode.

And as a bonus point, and christ knows I mention it enough but if we ever get joint winners again, I'm out this time.

Yeah, it's a bit of a joke. How would they have gotten to the final and not thought of a name for their business? Then there was the fact that the cosmetic surgeon came up with the name 'Niks' and Sugar rubbished it, but still picked her and changed the name. Also, Inventor Tom pitched a business involving some sort of office chair and ended up selling a nail file! The whole show makes little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

8-9 Why I Fired Them
    9-10 Final
    10-10.30 You're Hired

Why I Fired Them is always dross of the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

8-9 Why I Fired Them
    9-10 Final
    10-10.30 You're Hired

Why I Fired Them is always dross of the worst kind.

Sky Series Record chose to record Why I Fired Them and ignore the final! Luckily I noticed in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lottie back and picked last.:D

I don't know why but I would like lottie on my team for the final

I don't know why but I would like lottie on my team for the final

I think she'll be on her best behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Horton Hires a Who's Who

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    I think she'll be on her best behaviour.
    I hope not.

Stanton Lilly advert is brutal IMO.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Stanton Lilly advert is brutal IMO.

Yeah, horrendous. Doubt it'll make much difference to Sugar's decision though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Carina’s ad is very good.

Loved the prison based advert.

Very positive feedback.

That walk down must be daunting

Oh dear the lack of scalability of the baking business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Panini the new left-back for West Ham.

Love Sugar's Dad jokes :D

Panini the new left-back for West Ham.

Love Sugar's Dad jokes :D

He's gone into overdrive tonight.

Tad taking away from the seriousness of the decision he has to make.

• Advertisement

Well done Carina

A worthy winner

2 great finalists

Advertisement