Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Calhoun wrote: »
    Apparently Lottie is banned from interviews.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

All those business plans were god awful. Really makes a mockery of the show when it concludes with your man wanting to set up a glorified 6th year holiday company and another one setting up a coffee shop..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

siblers wrote: »
    Why?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10533667/apprentice-lottie-lion-fired/

Alludes to it being about racist comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Glad those two are in the final. Have long said they were the two strongest and they deserve to be there. As much as I like Scarlett, another recruiter is just boring but if either wins, it won't be a shock. But God they better not repeat the double winner shambles from a few years ago.

Delighted Lottie is gone, such a deluded, unlikeable, stuck up twat. If it wasn't for her being an attractive young girl, she'd be far more hated. Nothing redeeming about her.

Pamela was useless also, the epitome of a chancer.

Glad those two are in the final. Have long said they were the two strongest and they deserve to be there. As much as I like Scarlett, another recruiter is just boring but if either wins, it won't be a shock. But God they better not repeat the double winner shambles from a few years ago.

Delighted Lottie is gone, such a deluded, unlikeable, stuck up twat. If it wasn't for her being an attractive young girl, she'd be far more hated. Nothing redeeming about her.

Pamela was useless also, the epitome of a chancer.

I have a soft spot for Corina, i think she has performed very well and got her team across the line a number of times.

Lottie i think was kept in because she was the click bait for the series.

I didn't mind Pamela too much in ways, i think she got a little lazy after her original win and that screwed her a bit. I am not surprised he wasn't too attracted to her venture as that market she is in is very volatile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭md23040

I think Pamela was a bankable business person but her products are prone to copyright issues from competitors doing the same lines at cheaper cost in what is a high volume low margin end of the market. No matter what though she will persevere and do really well for herself.

Cofffee shops have been done to death and Alan Sugar already has a bakery investment from previous series so there could be a conflict of interest. On the positive side with the high street dying leases are more attractive with lower rents but then the capital costs of £250k will only open two units with high ongoing fixed and capital costs.

The head hunter business is very well paid with £5-10k on placements for the higher end of the market. There is no real capital outlay other than having a nice office and website and with Sugars property portfolio that can be arranged. Unless Scarlett messes up the final stage it’s really hers to win or lose, though Carina is equally bankable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Drivel... yet here you are, using your free time to watch the programme and post on an internet forum about it :pac:

Anyway, it's coming back next year so you're out of luck.

I used to regularly watch it

Lasted about two episodes this year ... the candidates aren't selected on the basis of skills or ability - clearly selected for tv worthiness. It reminds me of our transition year work experience company.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

All the women were in tears for the interviews apart from Lottie.

That girl is ice cold.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

md23040 wrote: »
    I think Pamela was a bankable business person but her products are prone to copyright issues from competitors doing the same lines at cheaper cost in what is a high volume low margin end of the market. No matter what though she will persevere and do really well for herself.

Cofffee shops have been done to death and Alan Sugar already has a bakery investment from previous series so there could be a conflict of interest. On the positive side with the high street dying leases are more attractive with lower rents but then the capital costs of £250k will only open two units with high ongoing fixed and capital costs.

The head hunter business is very well paid with £5-10k on placements for the higher end of the market. There is no real capital outlay other than having a nice office and website and with Sugars property portfolio that can be arranged. Unless Scarlett messes up the final stage it’s really hers to win or lose, though Carina is equally bankable.

The only danger to Scarlett is Brexit, of the services market in London collapses then he might be safer with Carina.

I think if Pamela was based in the UK as opposed to Ireland she might have snuck into the final.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think if Pamela was based in the UK as opposed to Ireland she might have snuck into the final.

I think if Sugar wasn't already involved in a beauty company she would've sailed into the final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

siblers wrote: »
    Why?

Turns out she's racist. The Indian candidate screenshotted what she called her. Banned from any further events

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Still Ill wrote: »
    I think if Sugar wasn't already involved in a beauty company she would've sailed into the final.

He already has two recruitment companies so that's not an issue.

I think last night showed that Sugar doesn't look at business plans until the final 5.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Lottie has little to no redeeming features except a fake posh plummy accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Calhoun wrote: »
    The only danger to Scarlett is Brexit, of the services market in London collapses then he might be safer with Carina.

She could take over the cafe they use when the teams lose the task...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

md23040 wrote: »

He had a cake business with a previous winner but he has sold his share back to her now so no conflict

gmisk wrote: »
    He had a cake business with a previous winner but he has sold his share back to her now so no conflict

Where did you hear that? Is there anywhere that has estimates of how successful his previous investments were?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Where did you hear that? Is there anywhere that has estimates of how successful his previous investments were?

Alana in 2016 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lewis looking over his business plan in the jacuzzi, what a dipstick.

The tears were really flowing last night especially from Pamela, you'd swear she was being sent to outer Mongolia and would never see her mammy again with all the drama she was going on with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think they said last night the final is on next Wednesday. But was it not on a Sunday night in previous years? Could have sworn it was but stand to be corrected.

Anyway I think Sugar will plump for Scarlett and the recruitment business as they'll be synergies with the other stuff he does in recruitment with Ricky Martin that winner from a few years back. He'll probably stick her in the same office as Ricky so he can keep an eye on things. Im sure Carina will be successful but she came across as pretty naive thinking she could set up nationwide with 2,000-5,000 stores all on her own without even mentioning franchising or knowing how to go about it.

The final is always a complete waste of time. Might be worth watching the boardroom bit, but the task is always completely dull. Hard to believe he wouldn't have his mind made up by the end of the interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Scarlet has to win, its a low risk business with potential for good returns which is why hes invested in it in the past.

Probably the right two in the final but only based on the lack of viability of the other three proposals.

Carina's is a just a cafe, there's nothing else to it. Surprised by the high praise she has received here, maybe the fact that she has won 9/10 tasks has meant that she hasn't been in the firing line for many criticisms but I can remember a few red flags and her naivety in terms of scale is staggering. MASSIVE!

What the hell was Lewis thinking, pissing away 250k on a holiday, he must have known he'd be laughed outta the boardroom.

9 wins from 10 tasks must be a record.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://m.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/21863/Alana_Spencer_buys_Lord_Sugar_out_of_cake_business.html

No idea how successful the businesses have been I think the inventor guy Tom made good money with his nail file though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

gmisk wrote: »
    https://m.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/21863/Alana_Spencer_buys_Lord_Sugar_out_of_cake_business.html

No idea how successful the businesses have been I think the inventor guy Tom made good money with his nail file though
    Tom also invented a make up brush cleaner that was very successful. If you get an inventor like Tom on board, you know they'll always come up with ideas. He was poor enough in the process, but he was the best winner in the history of the show.

That's why I am a bit surprised Pamela didn't get through. She has come up with ideas in the past (ok, someone may have come up with them first!) but is seems like she has good ideas, and has a business that seems to have made money already. I thought she was a better bet than a baker or yet another recruitment person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ncmc wrote: »
    Tom also invented a make up brush cleaner that was very successful. If you get an inventor like Tom on board, you know they'll always come up with ideas. He was poor enough in the process, but he was the best winner in the history of the show.

That's why I am a bit surprised Pamela didn't get through. She has come up with ideas in the past (ok, someone may have come up with them first!) but is seems like she has good ideas, and has a business that seems to have made money already. I thought she was a better bet than a baker or yet another recruitment person.

Totally agree re Tom but I'm not convinced Pamela is in the same league for the very reason you mention.

Tom was a innovator par excellence,he could have invented something out of a paper bag.Pamela never left the same impression.

When is the final?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

When is the final?

Wednesday the 18th December - double episode from 8pm.

• Advertisement

Wednesday the 18th December - double episode from 8pm.

About half of it will be that horrendous You're Fired/Hired show unfortunately.

Advertisement