Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest scandal in your workplace (Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

bear1 wrote: »
    You really wouldn't.

The gas thing is that men immediately assume that it would be someone at least moderately attractive whereas women will assume the opposite. Women are right on this one as weirdos rarely look after themselves and are minging but us men are the eternal optimists of sexually inappropriate behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

El Tarangu wrote: »
    ;) I'm a cynical one; would a sim card from 10 years ago even work in a phone today? I know its possible to cut a big sim card down to micro size with just a scissors, but I've been with my mobile supplier a lot less than 10 years, and they sent me a new sim card (and presumably stopping the old one) at least once.

if he was listed as an authorised account he could contact the supplier to change SIM card number.

I have a colleague here who is using a Huawei dongle provided by his previous employer, and is still active. He's working with here the past 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Ha, I still dont think thats worth the gamble on her not dying during the act, imagine trying to explain that one to Jessica Fletcher.

Well if she is on the ship you know someone is defo gong to snuff it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Im sure an autopsy would show some evidence of the "entry and exit" of the aforementioned Don Juan, wouldn't be an open/shut case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

kingtut wrote: »
    People wank1ng / shagging in the toilets. You hear it all the time :o
    I have never once heard anybody at that in the office toilets
    Guy Person wrote: »
    You have to listen carefully and diligently like kingtut does.
    dinorebel wrote: »
    I'm very quiet.

Legend has it that quite often dinorebel and kingtut are actually in adjacent toilet cubicles engaging in a masturbatory versus auditory standoff of epic proportions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What about the phantom skidder! Leaves skid marks after them in the toilet. They wouldn’t do that at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

I've never understood how that woman keeps getting invited to things. It never ends well...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Regarding phones IT contractor from India was given a blackberry. To be used for email access out of hours, emergency use only. He used it for calling home to his family. A lot. Hours at a time. Manager called him inside her office and said the 2,500 bill he had accrued would be withheld from his rate to repay it. He was gone within a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sorry I should have clarified, it's the phones monthly bill that has been paid for over the past 10 years, I presume he's changed the handset himself in that time.

Regarding why they haven't just cut the phone contract, he was working for a company who have ongoing work in one of Irelands biggest companies. His phone and monthly bill was probably one of hundreds that were being paid for. So he seems to be just taking advantage of their carelessness as they clearly don't check up on these things.

He does realise that once they do find out he'll be liable for whatever bill he's run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

bear1 wrote: »
    It's surprising me that I don't have anything close to some of these.
    Biggest I think is the company I'm in now.
    Girl worked with us, nice as well and always smiling.
    One weekend she went to Berlin for a party and the Monday she came back she was a different person.
    She would stop wearing underwear and sit in front of the whole team with the legs open.
    Then she'd take 2 hour breaks daily and management just seemed incompetent to get rid of her or just find out what caused her to change.
    She was then caught sniffing cocaine in the toilet which again didn't get her fired.
    Eventually she just deteriorated into such a state that she could no longer function, basic tasks became impossible.
    Eventually she just never came back to work and none of us knew what happened . We still don't.

This is incredibly sad. I feel that some companies have a really good duty of care towards their staff and others don't give a ****. For example I had a temporary housemate whose workplace were paying for her to get help (she was a recovering alcoholic). Another friend had a nervous breakdown and the boss could have been more supportive but initially failed. I mean you say you don't know what happened but really you do, this person was having a breakdown and the people around keenly watched her have it in a very voyeuristic way so she probably couldn't function at all by the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Feets

A mate worked in a big company and the security guy dies suddenly. Funeral goes ahead as normal...his wife is distraught with sadness at the top of the church. The security guys mistress who was a co worker was also devastated but couldn't grieve at the funeral in case the guys wife found out. Felt so sorry for his wife when I heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

He does realise that once they do find out he'll be liable for whatever bill he's run up.

Unlikely. If they find out, they will likely quietly cancel the account and say no more.
    To make a big song and dance about it works highlight the fact that they were incompetent enough to let it go on unchecked for 10 years.

And even if they do pursue him over it all be has to say is "sure I haven't got that kinda money, what are you gonna do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I worked in a corner shop that was run by a married couple.

The 40-something year old husband was found to be having an affair with a 17 year employee (same age as me at the time).
    He ended up getting her pregnant and leaving the wife & children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The 40-something year old husband was found to be having an affair with a 17 year employee (same age as me at the time).
    Be honest Bigbagofcans, was there any part of you that was jealous of the other 17 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

cloudatlas wrote: »
    This is incredibly sad. I feel that some companies have a really good duty of care towards their staff and others don't give a ****. For example I had a temporary housemate whose workplace were paying for her to get help (she was a recovering alcoholic). Another friend had a nervous breakdown and the boss could have been more supportive but initially failed. I mean you say you don't know what happened but really you do, this person was having a breakdown and the people around keenly watched her have it in a very voyeuristic way so she probably couldn't function at all by the end of it.

It was more to do with drugs, it sounds very like she got hooked and became a drug addict.

Some people can't stop even getting off opioid pain killers which turns some into heavy drug users.

Sad way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Guy Person wrote: »
    Be honest Bigbagofcans, was there any part of you that was jealous of the other 17 year old?

I was relieved he hadn't tried it on with me :D He wasn't exactly good looking and a married man isn't really a catch!
    I never got creepy vibes off him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Was this a place that only hired girls in their late teens and early twenties by any chance?

I knew a shop like that. I always thought the middle aged guy running it was a little creepy in his hiring practices (they were generally good looking). Eventually it turned out they'd all been robbing him for years - smokes and phone credit to the tune of thousands a year - and each one passed on the method to the next one before she moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

What's with the amount of phantom s***ters, place I worked at before had one of these too - left surprises in the middle of the bathroom floor (not even in the cubicle just there in middle of the floor) on occasion. What's the thought process behind this?!?

What's with the amount of phantom s***ters, place I worked at before had one of these too - left surprises in the middle of the bathroom floor (not even in the cubicle just there in middle of the floor) on occasion. What's the thought process behind this?!?

Dirty protest or marking territory, womens jax in work was constantly blocked.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Was this a place that only hired girls in their late teens and early twenties by any chance?

I knew a shop like that. I always thought the middle aged guy running it was a little creepy in his hiring practices (they were generally good looking). Eventually it turned out they'd all been robbing him for years - smokes and phone credit to the tune of thousands a year - and each one passed on the method to the next one before she moved on.

The owner of our local busy pub/restaurant/guesthouse actively only recruits young (very) good looking teenage girls for public facing roles. To be fair he has also stuck his own daughter out there- she is hot though.

All the fatties and munters are confined to the kitchen. Sad but true.

Regrettably two of my sisters have had summer jobs there behind the bar/waitressing over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was wondering the same thing myself. Like would you not be massively guilty about someone else having to clean that up after you?
    And what if you got caught doing it? There is NO way to explain taking a dump on the floor. None!

Maybe that is it. Some people get turned on by danger-sex. Others like a good danger-dump.

The owner of our local busy pub/restaurant/guesthouse actively only recruits young (very) good looking teenagers for public facing roles.

Regrettably two of my sisters have had summer jobs there behind the bar/waitressing over the years.

Its clever business, eye candy for the leering and ultimately paying aul lads, I was only out in my local last Sat and she said the landlord only hired young women, she knew of lads that had applied. I worked in bookies before and punters would actually ask where the regular young wan was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

It was more to do with drugs, it sounds very like she got hooked and became a drug addict.

Some people can't stop even getting off opioid pain killers which turns some into heavy drug users.

Sad way to go.

Yeah I agree the drugs contributed largely to a mental breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The owner of our local busy pub/restaurant/guesthouse actively only recruits young (very) good looking teenage girls for public facing roles. To be fair he has also stuck his own daughter out there- she is hot though.

So... You're telling me your sisters are hot?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So... You're telling me your sisters are hot?

I am not going to write that I have hot sisters and yes they are all taken so feck off with the PMs.

My youngest sister is the head off Penny in The Big Bang Theory in all aspects. Even my wife agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have hot sisters

:cool:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Similar thing allegedly happened in a well known pub in Cork city recently. 70 something year old owner and 20 year old cleaner. Married with kids in their 40s of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Similar thing allegedly happened in a well known pub in Cork city recently. 70 something year old owner and 20 year old cleaner. Married with kids in their 40s of course.

Pretty pious fellow too, I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I am not going to write that I have hot sisters and yes they are all taken so feck off with the PMs.

My youngest sister is the head off Penny in The Big Bang Theory in all aspects. Even my wife agrees.

I always ALWAYS said you were the soundest boardsie of all time...just remember that ;):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

My last workplace got hit hard by a phantom shttr(s?). Over the period of two months there were multiple instances. Both the mens and womens were hit. On the floor, the sink, all your standard targets. Multiple, hilarious emails sent by management encouraging people to "act like civilised adults" etc.

Place before that was a large MNC in Ireland. One day security turned up to the desk of a guy (a real dick) and turfed him out. He had been with the company for ten years. Apparently some mix-up had left him reporting to no-one and doing nothing for years. He'd been abusing this situation and getting a lot of "freebies" too. I love the bureaucracy of big companies.

Advertisement