Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New banking access setup from today: AIB

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For people setting up the SMS option, please be aware that this is a very insecure mode of authentication, and really shouldn't be used at all. AIB really shouldn't be offering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Probably, but what's the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Is the Card Reader option safer than SMS ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Probably, but what's the alternative?

App or card reader.
    SusanC10 wrote: »
    Is the Card Reader option safer than SMS ?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

awec wrote: »
    For people setting up the SMS option, please be aware that this is a very insecure mode of authentication, and really shouldn't be used at all. AIB really shouldn't be offering it.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

ok so today my phone (vodafone model) had a software update available. when i installed it, the authentication from the web browser finally worked so at last i'm finally able to access my aib accounts, statements from my laptop again.

edit: i spoke too soon. seems it only let me access the bank accounts from my laptop for the first time.

then any time after that it would time out again when trying to authenticate from the browser.

until i restarted my phone and went back into the app and then tried to log in again from the laptop.

so at the moment in order to access my aib accounts from the browser on my laptop, i need to restart my phone, open and log into the aib app, then try logging in through my browser on my laptop.

Advertisement