Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't have the Switch handy at the moment to check, but how much is the Mario & rabbids DLC?

Think the Donkey Kong Expansion is €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles down to €12 on eshop anyone know is it still broken or is it worth a gamble at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sky: Children of the Light released yesterday and is currently free on the eShop - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Sky-Children-of-the-Light-1742945.html

It's a port from iOS/Android but it's made by Thatgamecompany so I don't know what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sky: Children of the Light released yesterday and is currently free on the eShop - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Sky-Children-of-the-Light-1742945.html

It's a port from iOS/Android but it's made by Thatgamecompany so I don't know what it's like.

Multiplayer only, so I guess this is just to build up a player base?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

mrcheez wrote: »
    Multiplayer only, so I guess this is just to build up a player base?

It's free on mobile as well with some sort of optional in-app purchases (I think cosmetics but could be wrong). Personally I'm delighted it's on Switch, I loved their previous games and prefer my phone-games to be simple puzzle affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr Driller Drill Land is down to €4.99 (75% off).
    Great game, loved it on the Gamecube.

€3.74 в России-матушке

I adopted the earlier suggestion of learning Russian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Mr Driller Drill Land is down to €4.99 (75% off).
    Great game, loved it on the Gamecube.

An absolute must have.
    I have the original version of this on the GameCube, a friend brought it back from a trip to Japan.
    Of course, I have the bonus of the wonderful Japanese GameCube packaging.

Edit: just bought, thanks for the heads up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Holy shizt balls
    Raiden is finally out on the Switch!
    That's the original game, and it's out on the Japanese eShop for about €8.
    Hopefully this is a sign that Raiden II and later sequels are on the way, fingers crossed this will include the Raiden Jet spinoffs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Definitely getting Mr Driller best digging game since Digger T. Rock

Yeah I'm old big whoop wanna fight about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Katamari Damacy Reroll is down to a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yokus Island €9.99 in GameStop rare auld game now especially box and cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Amazon doing £10 off (min)£25 for first 5000 orders.
    Picked up Toad Treasure Tracker for £18

Use DISCOUNT10P at checkout.

Grassey wrote: »
    Amazon doing £10 off (min)£25 for first 5000 orders.
    Picked up Toad Treasure Tracker for £18

Use DISCOUNT10P at checkout.

Think its account specific. I used it on my main account the other day to get Trials of Mana for £17. Tried on secondary account though and no dice. I got a notification on the app for it the other day. Definitely worth a try though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ohhh Trials of Mana would have been a way better purchase - dammit!

Grassey wrote: »
    Ohhh Trials of Mana would have been a way better purchase - dammit!

It was a toss up between that and SMT Nocturne but I went for the more lighthearted option.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Two Point Hospital €15 in Smyths Jervis store specific price its the original not the jumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mario kart live is discounted on Amazon again. €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

I'm new to this and I didn't think the games would be so dear to buy brand new. I thought they would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Mario kart live is discounted on Amazon again. €65.

Thats actually not bad, might take a look.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

apache wrote: »
    I'm new to this and I didn't think the games would be so dear to buy brand new. I thought they would be cheaper.

All games for all consoles have been expensive for years..

But there are sales where you can pick up good deals, just might not play a game when its first released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just Nintendo, Xbox and PS games can be gotten very cheap after a few weeks/months.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nintendo's 1st Party games are typically very spendy - you'll generally only see the digital versions go on sale (because they can't be resold) and even at that 20-33 % off is the most you'd generally see.

Other titles tend to both not start off quite as expensive and drop price over time, and also have a better chance of significant discounting while on sale.

Fysh wrote: »
    Nintendo's 1st Party games are typically very spendy - you'll generally only see the digital versions go on sale (because they can't be resold) and even at that 20-33 % off is the most you'd generally see.

Other titles tend to both not start off quite as expensive and drop price over time, and also have a better chance of significant discounting while on sale.

worth the OP noting that Switch games are not region-locked as well, so it's possible to setup an account in South Africa or Russia and get extra savings from the cheaper rate.

Russia account is a bit more hassle due to language differences, so requires Google translate either via the web or via phone, but often better for additional savings.

Go to https://eshop-prices.com/ to see what I mean.

I'll have a look at the games around €30 and see what's in the store.
    Any recomendations for mystery games?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you want to stick with digital only?
    You can pick up some games cheaper physically.

Like Mario & Rabbids is 19.99 in Smyths
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle-code-in-box-nintendo-switch/p/193047

It's a code in the box apparently so still digital.

And if planning on more digital you might want to invest in a micro SD card

Do you want to stick with digital only?
    You can pick up some games cheaper physically.

Like Mario & Rabbids is 19.99 in Smyths
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle-code-in-box-nintendo-switch/p/193047

It's a code in the box apparently so still digital.

And if planning on more digital you might want to invest in a micro SD card
    I just bought a 250GB SD card.

I'd like to stick with digital ideally. It came with Animal Crossing and Minecraft which went straight in the bin. Anyone know what they would get for in a CEX shop? I think Gamestop are all closed now? Any other shops where you can get/sell second hand games?

So it comes with 32 GB storage. Zelda nearly takes up half of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can check cex prices on their site
    https://ie.webuy.com/

You can check cex prices on their site
    https://ie.webuy.com/
    Nice one. Better money in my pocket than in the bin. I'm off to rescue them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Nice one. Better money in my pocket than in the bin. I'm off to rescue them.

Why would you chuck them out in the first place? Did you even try the games? It seems to me you bought a Switch without doing any research on it first.

Advertisement