Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

#breakforcist battle has been on my wishlist for a while. It has a deep discount once a year and this is the time.
    It's a good 7/10 breakfast-themed breakout clone, with co-op and competitive multi-player. Supposed to have a cracking soundtrack too.

Can't go too far wrong for €0.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Contains "Suggestive Themes"?? WTF??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Contains "Suggestive Themes"?? WTF??

Blue waffle comes as DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Have just seen the game of the year so far probably, Balan Wonderworld can now be got on Smyths for €35. Price on the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

tbahh wrote: »
    Have just seen the game of the year so far probably, Balan Wonderworld can now be got on Smyths for €35. Price on the way down.

Is this sarcasm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Is this sarcasm?

Tiny bit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Paper Mario for €33.43 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088MYMD21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Mr E wrote: »
    #breakforcist battle has been on my wishlist for a while. It has a deep discount once a year and this is the time.
    It's a good 7/10 breakfast-themed breakout clone, with co-op and competitive multi-player. Supposed to have a cracking soundtrack too.

Can't go too far wrong for €0.99
    I bought this and played it a few times, I'm not 100% sure I know what is going on but it's good craic (I'm not very good at it either)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Paper Mario for €33.43 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088MYMD21

remind me again, that will be hit for customs right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mrcheez wrote: »
    remind me again, that will be hit for customs right?

No, VAT is paid upfront to Amazon.

• Advertisement

No, VAT is paid upfront to Amazon.

I mean the import fees deposit of £5.91

That will be required here, or likely to be refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That is the VAT paid by Amazon to the Irish Government. It will not be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The import fee deposit is equivalent to Irish VAT at 23%

The UK VAT of 21% should be removed so you will pay more - but not by a whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Amazon handle all that side of things. The price you see at the final checkout page (where you confirm details, etc.) includes all the appropriate fees. It's back to being as seamless as it used to be and as quick.

That is the VAT paid by Amazon to the Irish Government. It will not be refunded.

Right, I assumed it was a customs charge for administration etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Where would be the cheapest place to get an annual sub for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where would be the cheapest place to get an annual sub for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

Thanks

Not in the Nintendo thread anyway.

There's a sticky in the Xbox forum about deals on Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭cullenswood

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not in the Nintendo thread anyway.

There's a sticky in the Xbox forum about deals on Game Pass.

Oops, wrong thread! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers is down to €2.99 until the end of today. Played it on PS3 before and it is not a bad little game.

For those that like RPG's, both Tales of Vesperia and the Valkyrie Chronicles games have large discounts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers is down to €2.99 until the end of today. Played it on PS3 before and it is not a bad little game.

Thanks for that, seems a simple fun way to past the time, blasting the Axis powers from above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Metal Gear Solid V Complete is down for €4. What a bargain, the story is pure Kojima crap, but the game play is so fun. Get it for enjoyable stealth but ignore the likes of Quiet who's nude cause she breaths through her skin drivel and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have New Pokemon Snap for €48.99 in stock in most Dublin stores for click and collect.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9236291/Trail/searchtext%3ESNAP.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid V Complete is down for €4.
    On PS4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid V Complete is down for €4. What a bargain, the story is pure Kojima crap, but the game play is so fun. Get it for enjoyable stealth but ignore the likes of Quiet who's nude cause she breaths through her skin drivel and you'll be grand.

I don't think that's on a Nintendo platform, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kind of a bargain, Possibly.... Maybe.. For those that don't mind using virtual address.

So Saturn and MediaMarkt are back offering 3 for the price of 2 on Nintendo Switch games. The last 3 times that they have brought this offer out, the same one appeared on amazon (Germany).
    I think there was only one time they didn't..
    Also, amazon charge shipping from Germany, Saturn and MediaMarkt provide free shipping within Germany.

Saturn - https://www.saturn.de/de/campaign/nintendo_aktion
    MediaMarkt - https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/campaign/nintendo_aktion
    Saturn and MediaMarkt are launching a 3-for-2 promotion on selected Nintendo Switch games . There are only 11 titles in it, but a few candidates that make the offer worthwhile.

As always, you get the cheapest game for free , pay for the two more expensive ones. for example: For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate €52,99 or, Bravely Default II costs €49.99 . Since Monster Hunter: Rise is €45.99 is most convenient, the price is deducted from the total, which thus at 102.98 € is.

• As always, you can save another €10 from € 100 if you sign up for the newsletter ( Saturn or MediaMarkt ). For example, use a temporary email address and then redeem the voucher with your actual account .

So for this combination we end up at €92.98 including shipping , i.e. ~ € 30.99 per game.

From Ireland, we can use e.g. Mailboxde.com I reckon shipping for 3 games would be around €10 - €13 (the €10 you should save on the newsletter).
    Or maybe wait and see if the same offer appears on amazon.de.

There is also currently a Nintendo Switch Lite Bundle offer for €189 with discount from Saturn - https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_nintendo-switch-lite-t%C3%BCrkis-inkl-animal-crossing-und-3-monate-switch-online-mitgliedschaft-2700130.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Irish Halo wrote: »
    On PS4

Oops wrong page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

On the look out for Little Nightmares on Switch if anyone sees a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gamestop will have part one preowned probably in every store that reopens on May 17 its pretty rare in the wild now new or used keep an eye on adverts there is a bunch of sellers with crazy games up every now and then. CeX seem to be selling part one for €35 which seems high to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

fixXxer wrote: »
    On the look out for Little Nightmares on Switch if anyone sees a bargain
    19 euro on Russian site

https://eshop-prices.com/games/748-little-nightmares-complete-edition?currency=EUR

Advertisement