Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

julyjane wrote: »
    On today's Facebook memories we were at Green Day in RHK this day 3 years ago

So was I. Was a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

Only 365 days to go

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

julyjane wrote: »
    On today's Facebook memories we were at Green Day in RHK this day 3 years ago

Rancid playing Radio in the lashing rain is a moment I wont forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I was going to go to this but I think I've changed my mind. I don't listen to Greenday on a regular basis anymore, Weezer never really did it for me and Fall Out Boy I'm not familiar with at all. The Covid-19 thing is a concern too. I'd be surprised if this concert went ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I was going to go to this but I think I've changed my mind. I don't listen to Greenday on a regular basis anymore, Weezer never really did it for me and Fall Out Boy I'm not familiar with at all. The Covid-19 thing is a concern too. I'd be surprised if this concert went ahead.

At this rate it will be summer 2022/2023 or it will be canned completely

With so much marketing for it I doubt it will be this cancelled though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Completely forgot about this
    Can we still get a refund if the new 2021 date doesn’t suit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can't see how a multi-country tour would wouk this year unfortunately. They're reyling on so many countries to have themselves vaccined up and allowing full capacity. proabbly not worth it if even half the countriess are at reduced capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It doesn’t even have a venue yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It doesn’t even have a venue yet!

I noticed that.

Still advertised as in the RDS, but when you click Info it states :

Please Note

*Venue TBC*
    Under 16s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
    No Under 16s are permitted in standing area.
    Event rescheduled from June 29th 2020 to June 30th 2021, original tickets remain valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I could end up giving my ticket away for free so if anyone wants to go you can let me know sometime and I'll reply to you if that proves to be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I could end up giving my ticket away for free so if anyone wants to go you can let me know sometime and I'll reply to you if that proves to be the case.

I will gladly take it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

wouldnt say no

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Get to the back of the queue lads, I pmd him after he put up the post.

Can't see this been cancelled and it will be moved to summer 2022

The RDS redevelopment prob binned but can see the likes of Aviva/Croke Park wanting more gigs to increase revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

This won't be moved to the aviva or croke park they'll have bigger acts in mind for those.

spindex wrote: »
    Get to the back of the queue lads, I pmd him after he put up the post.

waves mod badge

Green Day have cancelled the Asian tour. Will it be the same for Europe or move to 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭endainoz

eldest200 wrote: »
    Green Day have cancelled the Asian tour. Will it be the same for Europe or move to 2022?

Only they know the answer to that one, probably would be cancelled though. Big international tours with loads of logistical issues to have planned way ahead of time would be a big ask this year.

This tour is bloody cursed

More than likely rescheduled once again to 2022

I can't see it happening this year. Hopefully it will be 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Has anyone seen any information about this tour? Couldn’t find anything myself.

TK Lemon wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any information about this tour? Couldn’t find anything myself.

I reckon the European leg will yet again be rescheduled to summer 2022. They have a US leg scheduled for 14th July-25th Aug 2021 be interesting to see if they go ahead as planned.

Only way of seeing the tour in 2021 might be watching videos of the US leg on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

It’s almost certain that the European leg will be postponed as some of the festivals they were individually playing are now cancelled across Europe.

Hard to know if they'll bother with Europe next year if the US leg goes ahead as that’s where all the money had been pumped into. Unlike last year where everything was cancelled across the world and it was just a copy and paste job to reschedule - now we have the situation where some countries are open and some are not.

Also the European tour was mixed in with festival dates - for example only 8 out of 20 Green Day shows were dedicated to Hella Mega.

I really hope I am wrong as I've yet to see Weezer live.

I'd say we'll have an update in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just realised that by the time the gig rolls around it would have been 10 years since Weezer last played Ireland

It was 11 years after the release of the blue album before they came here the first time so whats another 11 years?

This will definitely be rescheduled to summer 2022

Other big outdoor concerts been rescheduled to 2022, litte reason why this won't be

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Tour update

Europe + UK - this past year has been chaotic to say the very least, and while we hoped we'd be able to make the Hella Mega Tour a reality for you this summer, COVID had other plans. With that being said, your shows will now be happening in 2022. Your tickets are good for the new dates, so make sure to hold onto them!

And for all of you in the US, we're still planning on coming to see you this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭weezer1980

Rescheduled to a Monday ffs. June 27th 2022. why do we always get screwed with crappy dates for outdoor big gigs. ill still go but annoyed at the new date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Venue TBC still too
    Must be waiting to see how the RDS redevelopment goes

• Advertisement

Tbh couldn't care less what day of the week its taking place, once it takes place and we're there

The US leg is taking place this year so plenty of YouTube and setlists indicators if you like looking them up

Advertisement