Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

If there is a venue change for the sake of size and distancing then the Aviva would be an obvious choice.

The RDS can be very tight for space especially for a sold out gig. Was there for Fleetwood Mac, was only one main entrance out to the pitch seating area and it was a complete bottleneck at times. Not my most favorite venue, Id always take a field over a stadium anyway.

We don't really know what kind of new laws may be in place for mass gatherings in the future so it might make sense to have a bigger area to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Avvia is occupied with Euro 2020/21 next summer

Maybe it's been moved from the RDS for that reason as it would be a nightmare to control (full concert in the RDS and Full match in the Aviva the same day)

Dont mind where it's on tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Avvia is occupied with Euro 2020/21 next summer

Maybe it's been moved from the RDS for that reason as it would be a nightmare to control (full concert in the RDS and Full match in the Aviva the same day)

Dont mind where it's on tbh

We’d have had the same issue this year though.

Could be RDS redevelopment finally this year

bennyl10 wrote: »
    We’d have had the same issue this year though.

Could be RDS redevelopment finally this year

This year the Aviva match was the day after Hella Mega. I remember been at Billy Joel in Aviva in 2018 and Picture This played the RDS the same time. Picture This finished later but it was mega busy (pardon the pun :D) around Ballsbridge

yeah the redevelopment might be happening next year to. Badly needed that Anglesea stand is a bit of a **** hole that needs knocking, way past its sell by date. The July horse show is more important to the RDS folk so maybe they want to have it done by then. Who knws really ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That’s my thought also

Outside the RDS, unless they move it to the 3arena, which would mess with the standing capacity

No way they can move it to the 3Arena as the gig was pretty much sold out in the RDS. I hope they dont move it too Croke Park as the stadium will be over half empty sadly.

Its a weird one, although it might make sense since the 21 pilots show was cancelled in the RDS instead of rescheduled (although maybe it was selling poorly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Its a weird one, although it might make sense since the 21 pilots show was cancelled in the RDS instead of rescheduled (although maybe it was selling poorly)

Good shout on that - plus Twenty One Pilots was pretty much sold out so there must be something blocking out June 2021 gigs. I believe the Dublin gig was their only headline show and the rest were euro festivals.

I do hope it stays away from stadiums too.

PCros wrote: »
    Good shout on that - plus Twenty One Pilots was pretty much sold out so there must be something blocking out June 2021 gigs. I believe the Dublin gig was their only headline show and the rest were euro festivals.

I do hope it stays away from stadiums too.

I suppose twenty one pilots could come back for maybe 2 3Arena shows during the summer.

I dont understand why they wouldnt wait to announce the dublin date with the venue confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Better day for it anyway , a Wednesday rather than a Monday.

4 day weekend !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anyone managed to get a fefund for this yet now that the new date is annonnced.
    tried emailing them but they keep replying with copy and paste jobs that dont mention anything about a refund.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

anyone managed to get a fefund for this yet now that the new date is annonnced.
    tried emailing them but they keep replying with copy and paste jobs that dont mention anything about a refund.

Reply to the email asking for your ticket to be reopened. Refund should be organised soon enough after in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

How soon do we have to apply for refund ?
    Next summer is a long way away
    I don’t know what we will be at !

I dont mind Croke Park as a venue, sure it wasant full for the Rolling Stones but it was still a good atmosphere. Add in the selection of pubs/bars on the way and it will be a great day

Other options
    Marley Park
    Malahide Castle
    Punchestown
    RHK
    Phoenix Park
    Slane Castle

seems an updated seating chart for the RDS on the TM page

seems an updated seating chart for the RDS on the TM page

And yet is still isn’t confirmed for the RDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

And yet is still isn’t confirmed for the RDS!

It still says rds on ticketmaster... Why do people think the venue will change?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    It still says rds on ticketmaster... Why do people think the venue will change?

Because MCD, hella Mega, and all the bands have Dublin venue TBA

Just realised that by the time the gig rolls around it would have been 10 years since Weezer last played Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just realised that by the time the gig rolls around it would have been 10 years since Weezer last played Ireland

Say it ain't so?

endainoz wrote: »
    Say it ain't so?

I know its the perfect situation

Phase 3 starting the supposed day of the show this year :(:(

Cant even go get pissed (dont want a 2 course meal) :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A drunken youtube rabbit hole has made me realise there will be unsupervised 17 year olds at the gig next year who weren't born when American idiot came out........... Which is really depressing since I was old enough to drink when I saw them on the American idiot tour.......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    A drunken youtube rabbit hole has made me realise there will be unsupervised 17 year olds at the gig next year who weren't born when American idiot came out........... Which is really depressing since I was old enough to drink when I saw them on the American idiot tour.......

Yeah I feel old too, was 14 when American Idiot came out and remember it been everywhere on TV/Radio The black shirt and red tie combo

Remember saw Fall Out Boy in the Olympia in 2014 and i surprised it was a younger crowd

Roll on summer 2021 I say, this and MCR. 2000s teens reunite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

i was 14 when American Idiot came out

****ing child......... (I could really use someone who saw them on the dookie tour making me feel less old now.........)

Ticketmaster has added Venue tbc to the info of this gig,

while still selling tickets for the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

NEvermind

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Uefa announced the Euro 2021 schedule today - there's a 2nd round game (likely involving England) at the Aviva the same date. Hella Mega Tour will either move date or location.

Seemingly the date is the only thing confirmed

Location will surely move now, if it’s an England game aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Move it to Thomond Park in Limerick. **** it, not just saying that because I live in Limerick....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sorry I misread the dates, the game and the gig are still on seperate nghts

We should be all heading to the gig today 😪😪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

On today's Facebook memories we were at Green Day in RHK this day 3 years ago

Advertisement