Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Dog is it for you?

Options
2

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly


    The same fcukin idiots had an add saying wool was as bad as fur.
    Talk about being as dumb as a plank.
    You’d know they know fcuk all about livestock spouting that verbal diarrhea

    Are farmers on their smartphones visiting the vegan forum while protesting?

    A lot of them in here today


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost


    Hard to beat a good rasher indeed. When was the last time you saw a herd of pigs in a field in Ireland? Ah but sure it's grand, "love me a bit of bacon". Perhaps low-IQ, vacuous, mouth-breathing subspecies like yourselves should be used for meat instead.


    If pigs were kept outdoors a package of rashers would cost you north of 20 quid.
    It would cost way more to finish pigs outdoors with expended energy compared to indoor reared pigs. The same with broilers.
    It would also take 2-3 times longer finish them.
    All them costs would have to be passed on to consumers


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh


    Not a very developed thinker are you.


    As a society we have discussions around and make decisions about what people do all of the time.

    For all we know you could have "no interest" in not littering, "no interest" in obeying traffic lights, "no interest" in asking a person's consent before you have sex with them.

    Your apathy towards philosophical and moral issues is your problem, and will be of the most remote concern to anyone trying to have a substantial conversation about animal welfare.
    Christ sweetie usually it's me who's condescending to others. In my opinion you escalated your argument too quickly. It's better to delve into other arguments first before you start insulting intelligence. It's amateurish. But I applaud the zeal.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.


    If pigs were kept outdoors a package of rashers would cost you north of 20 quid.
    It would cost way more to finish pigs outdoors with expended energy compared to indoor reared pigs. The same with broilers.
    It would also take 2-3 times longer finish them.
    All them costs would have to be passed on to consumers

    Animal welfare is more important than some fat degenerate slug feeding his family a tiny four euro chicken every other night. Pay for quality. Eat less meat. Live with dignity. Follow your conscience.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost


    Unearthly wrote: »
    Are farmers on their smartphones visiting the vegan forum while protesting?

    A lot of them in here today



    The add backfired spectacularly with them having to remove it by advice of veterinary surgeons on welfare grounds.
    Shows them up as the clueless drum bangers that they are.maybe they should spend less time talking sh1te and read a book or talk to a farmer.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly


    The add backfired spectacularly with them having to remove it by advice of veterinary surgeons on welfare grounds.
    Shows them up as the clueless drum bangers that they are.maybe they should spend less time talking sh1te and read a book or talk to a farmer.

    Jesus what has you so tetchy ?

    Brexit? Protests? Being in a **** job?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt


    Unearthly wrote: »
    Actually you will find the strongest defenders of meat online are very religious people and use god and bible as their reason for eating meat.

    Vegans are statistically atheist or agnostic

    Would love to see the stats on that if true.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk


    Animal welfare is more important than some fat degenerate slug feeding his family a tiny four euro chicken every other night. Pay for quality. Eat less meat. Live with dignity. Follow your conscience.

    You're the gift that keeps giving. I must visit the Vegan forum more often if it's this entertaining.

    Gone from insulting intelligence to personal appearance now.

    Perhaps you should relax as it can't be good for your health. I always find a nice burger or a good fry is good for settling me down when I'm emotional


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.


    lassykk wrote: »
    Given my low IQ I shouldn't draw attention to the fact that it's not a "herd" of pigs

    Good to see you are focused on the big issues. Mediocre people like yourself that spend minimal time reflecting on their actions are a dime a dozen.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost


    Unearthly wrote: »
    Jesus what has you so tetchy ?

    Brexit? Protests? Being in a **** job?



    What did you think of petas add about wool being as bad as fur?


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.


    lassykk wrote: »
    You're the gift that keeps giving. I must visit the Vegan forum more often if it's this entertaining.

    Oh I've really hit a nerve with you, haven't I. Let me guess, a lot of breakfast rolls in your life, family meals of cheap processed meat, cheap battery farmed chickens, and generally just a languid, intellectually moribond life, lacking in self-reflection, moral discipline, and abundant in cowardice.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian


    I had dog on one of my visits to China.
    It was in a posh hotel buffet, and I thought “if you’d eat a pig why not try dog”

    I’ll tell you why, it’s pure rubbish !

    Gristly chewy tough, I was shocked to be honest, by far the worst meat I’ve ever tried.


  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP


    Good to see you are focused on the big issues. Mediocre people like yourself that spend minimal time reflecting on their actions are a dime a dozen.

    Why are you been so derogatory to the poster you are completely out of order. Can you not have a conversation without personal attacks?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5


    See, this is exactly the level of debate that PETA stunts generate. Everyone flailing around snipping and snarking, trying to land burns, getting personal. Nobody changes their mind, nothing changes, and any outside observers looking on are turned off the whole subject.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost


    Oh I've really hit a nerve with you, haven't I. Let me guess, a lot of breakfast rolls in your life, family meals of cheap processed meat, cheap battery farmed chickens, and generally just a languid, intellectually moribond life, lacking in self-reflection, moral discipline, and abundant in cowardice.



    What are you on about battery farmed chicken.
    That doesn’t make an ounce of sense.
    A battery hen is for laying eggs and are not consumed by humans at end of life.they are processed for dog food.theres hardly any meat on them.
    A broiler is the chicken people eat.
    2 totally separate things.
    Educate yourself


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh


    _Brian wrote: »
    I had dog on one of my visits to China.
    It was in a posh hotel buffet, and I thought “if you’d eat a pig why not try dog”

    I’ll tell you why, it’s pure rubbish !

    Gristly chewy tough, I was shocked to be honest, by far the worst meat I’ve ever tried.

    I'd imagine it's fairly dry. You need a bit of marbling.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus


    No difference in eating a pig or a dog in terms of it being just another mammal with flesh that can be cooked.

    Dogs have been domesticated however and us humans find it strange that they're eaten in some parts of the world, but if it was the pig that we domesticated all those 1000's of years ago, it could well be a fake pig on that BBQ.

    I wouldn't try dog meat as I consider them pets but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who has tried it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk


    Oh I've really hit a nerve with you, haven't I. Let me guess, a lot of breakfast rolls in your life, family meals of cheap processed meat, cheap battery farmed chickens, and generally just a languid, intellectually moribond life, lacking in self-reflection, moral discipline, and abundant in cowardice.

    You couldn't be further from hitting a nerve. This is absolute gold and really brightened up my afternoon.

    But just to play along

    - Breakfast - scrambled egg with brown bread during the week - maple rashers with more brown bread at the weekend

    - Cheap processed meat - No I prefer the slightly more expensive processed meat

    - Surprisingly I don't eat a lot of chicken but I'm unsure where it comes from to be honest like a lot of other people

    Your closing argument uses a lot of nice descriptive language which I applaud you for.

    I have also not insulted your intelligence, lifestyle or personal appearance. I actually have no problem at all with vegans or vegetarians and my initial comment that I would try dog given the opportunity was genuine. Quite why that has upset you so much I'm not sure but I guess you might be having a bad day


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester


    What would happen to all the pigs if no one ate them?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Panrich


    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    "If you wouldn't eat a dog, why would you eat a pig?"

    What a stupid statement that is. The reasons are multiple.

    'A dog's got personality'


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus


    Yester wrote: »
    What would happen to all the pigs if no one ate them?

    Most probably wouldn't have been born.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly


    lassykk wrote: »
    You couldn't be further from hitting a nerve. This is absolute gold and really brightened up my afternoon.

    But just to play along

    - Breakfast - scrambled egg with brown bread during the week - maple rashers with more brown bread at the weekend

    - Cheap processed meat - No I prefer the slightly more expensive processed meat

    - Surprisingly I don't eat a lot of chicken but I'm unsure where it comes from to be honest like a lot of other people

    Your closing argument uses a lot of nice descriptive language which I applaud you for.

    I have also not insulted your intelligence, lifestyle or personal appearance. I actually have no problem at all with vegans or vegetarians and my initial comment that I would try dog given the opportunity was genuine. Quite why that has upset you so much I'm not sure but I guess you might be having a bad day

    To be fair while I'd disagree with your liking for meat, at least you're consistent in your logic and belief so no issue with me with you


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    People go into farming forum and open threads to asks questions - moderators close them down.

    Farmers love coming into the vegan though.

    I reckon farmers post in here more than vegans.

    They must be really really fearful of the impending change.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda


    Unearthly wrote: »
    Expand more

    To be fair unearthly - you know I have no issue with anyone eating what the want but the old 'dog thou' thing been done to death a thousand times here. It's an argument that does not have any logical outcome...

    Can't believe some still think that it somehow makes for effective proselytising

    It simply convinces me that some are more interested in trying to use emotion as blackmail than present a coherent argument.

    Better to have an honest debate than that type of malarkey imo but that's just my opinion btw.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda


    People go into farming forum and open threads to asks questions - moderators close them down.

    Eh no they dont - there's been a bunch of vegan related threads over there - theres even a long running one about those fake burgers - quite an Interesting discussion tbh. Afaik the only ones which got shut down were where a tiny number of extreme plant food advocates got nasty and started attacking posters. There was one where a previously self declared vegan even put themselve up as a farmers apparently to stir **** - that was fairly low tbh.
    Farmers love coming into the vegan though.

    Well if there are discussions about farming / farmers (and tbh a whole load of them have been fairly off the wall) then of course you are going to get farmers and others responding. What do want an echo chamber?
    I reckon farmers post in here more than vegans.

    I reckon farmers and non farmers post here when there are threads about meat and farmers and stunts like that described by the OP. And you know what - that's fair enough
    They must be really really fearful of the impending change.

    From the posts I've seen - posters are simply more interested in correcting the various types of misinformation which is posted about farming and eating meat as part of a balanced diet. But you know that already.


  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP


    I started the post and I hold my hands up and say I am 100% not a farmer or have any connections with the farming community in case anybody was concerned.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop


    People go into farming forum and open threads to asks questions - moderators close them down.

    Farmers love coming into the vegan though.

    I reckon farmers post in here more than vegans.

    They must be really really fearful of the impending change.

    Fearful? Do you think it will be some other group that provides the crops for vegan foods rather than farmers? Farmers do beef etc because there is (supposedly) more money in it. If eating meat was banned tomorrow you'd still be relying on farmers for your food.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda


    Fearful? Do you think it will be some other group that provides the crops for vegan foods rather than farmers? Farmers do beef etc because there is (supposedly) more money in it. If eating meat was banned tomorrow you'd still be relying on farmers for your food.

    Not so much 'more money' - the average income from beef type enterprises here are quite modest.

    What is of importance is that farming in Ireland is severely limited by our topography, climate and soils. Livestock farming is aknowledged as better suited to most of the country. Grass is a crop which grows well here and means that cattle can subsist a natural diet for most of the year. Only during the winter months when cattle need to be housed is there a real need for supplementary feed.

    No idea why 'farmers' are seen by some as the enemy. Welfare and animal husbandry standards here are some of the best I've came across across Europe. If there are exceptions- then they need to be dealt with and not used to tar everyone as being exactly the same or to push anyones beliefs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh


    I don't give a damn about farmers or vegans for that matter. In fact I don't care what anyone is eating as long as they leave me alone. I just think a stunt with fake dog is completely pointless. If you intend to shock then at least use the real deal.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious


    meeeeh wrote: »
    I don't give a damn about farmers or vegans for that matter. In fact I don't care what anyone is eating as long as they leave me alone. I just think a stunt with fake dog is completely pointless. If you intend to shock then at least use the real deal.

    There's laws against that.
    Though not if it's a pig.
    Cognitive dissonance anyone?


Advertisement