Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New GAA Jerseys 2020

Options

Comments

That looks like an older version before the black and tan monstrosity. The new away one is a lighter shade of blue than that and has lime green accents

Yeah I think the new one was only launched this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That looks as class as I hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That looks as class as I hoped.

Pity bout the sponsor still being on it.

Concept is class, very hard to do black and red badly though

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Really?

I was probably at that game. Fecked if I can remember who was wearing what.

But, since 1992, Donegal have been in gold with green whereas Leitrim have been primarily green. I can't recall any change being required, certainly can't recall Donegal wearing gold and black (like they would have in 1990/1991 vs Meath and like Down wore against Cork in 2010.

That Down shirt is one of my all-time favourites. Class combination and design

_49164283_460197.jpg

Loved their normal shirt as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was at the Sligo Waterford game today, clash of jersies, Waterford in blue and Sligo were wearing their 17/18 black jersey, don't think I've seen an team go back to a old jersey like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Gaelic Armour and McKeever are now officially licensed suppliers by the GAA, meaning they can supply jerseys and leisurewear for county and club teams.

McKeever have had a few county teams on board over the years in Ladies' Football, such as Cork and Armagh. I'm not aware of Gaelic Armour being official suppliers for the LGFA or Camogie Association, but I think some GAA clubs and colleges have used them for leisurewear, and the gear looks okay.

It'll be interesting to see how they get on. With O'Neills' almost complete domination of the county scene, it'd be nice to see someone else break in, but then, Kukri's venture into GAA gear was very short-lived, so it's hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Seems Meath now have green shorts for the white keeper jersey.

df6f2af5-bb3b-465a-987a-8f96d4987a64.jpg

I like this development, as we usually seem to be one of the most conservative counties in Ireland with our colours. Surprised we even have a white goalie jersey considering that for the last few years we've had a green "alternative" jersey for use when our outfield players wear yellow. Precious little imagination....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Was at the Sligo Waterford game today, clash of jersies, Waterford in blue and Sligo were wearing their 17/18 black jersey, don't think I've seen an team go back to a old jersey like that.

Why was there a clash? Have Sligo changed to a white home Jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Why was there a clash? Have Sligo changed to a white home Jersey?

Yeah since last year, you won't see much of it this year either.

FoDCI5aJILBo9V1kJmiLX4WP5z8VQJapQeFqzyRu4Ec7epJ1bPgca3EwqsaInPQA61T7U3_P0PTseKon4AX4zw

Yeah since last year, you won't see much of it this year either.

FoDCI5aJILBo9V1kJmiLX4WP5z8VQJapQeFqzyRu4Ec7epJ1bPgca3EwqsaInPQA61T7U3_P0PTseKon4AX4zw

What was the thinking behind that? Strange to change dominant colour

Don't know what prompted the change, I prefered the black, hope they change back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What was the thinking behind that? Strange to change dominant colour

Always (?) were black - xhwnged for a qualifier game that they won in the late 90's (Kildare?) and for superstition and marketing reason held on to the black.

After losing at home to Waterford, they should probably change again.

Always (?) were black - xhwnged for a qualifier game that they won in the late 90's (Kildare?) and for superstition and marketing reason held on to the black.

After losing at home to Waterford, they should probably change again.

Except they wore black today according to the poster above

A few new jerseys have come out over the last couple of days.

Dublin Home
    dublin-2020-gaa-jersey-3s-1.jpg

Dublin Goalkeeper
    EkeLsTpWAAIs1Iz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Down Home
    down-home-jersey-reg-fit-3s-1.jpg

Down Goalkeeper
    down-2020-gk-jersey-blk-red-reg-fit-3s-1.jpg

Not a big fan of any of these. The goalkeeper jerseys look slightly better than the home versions in my opinion, even though the designs are largely the same. There's a white/grey version of the Dublin jersey as well, which I think may have been the away goalkeeper jersey, but I can't find a picture of it at the moment.

Armagh's new jersey will be unveiled on 1st November, and that will be the first men's intercounty jersey produced by McKeever.

I like that Down shirt. Why O'Neill's have to add "just one more thing" is beyond me.

The Dublin shirt would be grand without the "flourish".

looking forward to seeing the Armagh shirt now. Some of McKeevers retro shirts have been decent tbh.

And their Cork LGFA shirts aren't bad.

That Down jersey isn't far off Sligo/Kilcoo template from 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Dublin jersey looks like it got caught next to the element in the dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

That Down shirt is one of my all-time favourites. Class combination and design

_49164283_460197.jpg

Loved their normal shirt as well.

That Down Jersey was a crime against humanity.

• Advertisement

Was that not just incorporating the Ulster jersey colour into it? I think I remember teams doing that before, or even just wearing the provincial one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah Down used to wear Ulster colours when clashes occurred

They just reversed the red to the yellow of Ulster

https://inpho.ie/assignment/All-Ireland-Football-Semi-Final-Cork-vs-Down-1994/JVBztpHnkM68JBNTPhG9tg..a

Was that not just incorporating the Ulster jersey colour into it? I think I remember teams doing that before, or even just wearing the provincial one.

Yup. Sure, even Donegal do it by changing the green trim on their jerseys to black.

It's one of my favourite inter county traditions. Though, it only seems to happen with Ulster and Munster counties. And sure, maybe I wouldn't fancy Dublin wearing green truth be told. :)

Armagh's new home and goalkeeper jerseys

Screenshot-20201020-234605.jpg

The design is simple enough, but that's not too surprising based on any of McKeever's club jerseys that I've seen to date. The monochrome crest looks unusual to me, though.

Had a poke around and I can't see if it's a new badge for Armagh GAA or just the current one recoloured.

The video on the Twitter account shows the badge in orange on all the gear the players wear including bags and tracksuits.

We'll see closer images over the coming days I guess.

Had a poke around and I can't see if it's a new badge for Armagh GAA or just the current one recoloured.

The video on the Twitter account shows the badge in orange on all the gear the players wear including bags and tracksuits.

We'll see closer images over the coming days I guess.

It's the current one recoloured, judging by the video. There were a couple of close-up shots of the crest on that, and bar the colour, there doesn't seem to be any other differences to the design.

There was also a black monochrome version of the crest on one of the tracksuit tops in that video.

It looks like it's due to go on sale on 1st November, so if there was any reasoning behind the recolour, we may find out then.

It doesn't seem to be going down too well with some supporters online anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

For all the fanfare that jersey is hugely uninspiring. I wonder has the changed colours on the crest anything to do with O'Neills licensing of county crests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Dublin seem to get exclusivity on jersey designs from O'Neills and they always get to keep the collar nowadays on every jersey. I don't know why no other of the top teams get collars it tends to be the standard round neck. Just something unusual I have noticed every time they launch a jersey.

statto25 wrote: »
    For all the fanfare that jersey is hugely uninspiring. I wonder has the changed colours on the crest anything to do with O'Neills licensing of county crests?

I would have assumed after the last round of rationalisation that the County Board would have had the rights to their own logo.

If not, you would have thought that when changing to McKeever, that this would have been factored into it and that Armagh CB would have investigated getting a new badge/logo designed. It would be a very appropriate time to do so tbf.
    henke wrote: »
    Dublin seem to get exclusivity on jersey designs from O'Neills and they always get to keep the collar nowadays on every jersey. I don't know why no other of the top teams get collars it tends to be the standard round neck. Just something unusual I have noticed every time they launch a jersey.

Do you mean unique designs? I would hope so given we are O'Neill's cash cow.

The 2009 shirt was our only shirt that was sans collar and it was an abomination.

Nothing stopping other counties requesting it I guess. I'm very glad that we do. Nice we keep some sort of tradition with the jersey and it looks much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Do you mean unique designs? I would hope so given we are O'Neill's cash cow.

The 2009 shirt was our only shirt that was sans collar and it was an abomination.

Nothing stopping other counties requesting it I guess. I'm very glad that we do. Nice we keep some sort of tradition with the jersey and it looks much better.
    Yeah that makes sense I would imagine they sell multiples of any other county. I just find it interesting no other county gets collars you could nearly predict roughly what most counties new jersey will look like if another one has already launched one. I wish O'Neills would give a few more counties collars and unique designs. Tyrone and Monaghan are two Div 1 sides with essentially the same jersey with only the trim colour changed although I wouldn't imagine either are massive sellers.

Advertisement