Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us your 1st

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Show your first what bro?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

HAH,

Never thought what it'd look like on the front page. :D

Hunting forum, dude, the 1st is the opening day for hunting season.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Keith2828

Unfortunately i was wasn't in luck today have permission on private owned Forrest walking through checking out the fire breaks then i hear 2 shots to my right in the fields see few deer scattering through the Forrest then another shot to my left somewhere bit of a distance away,still carey on my way an clearly the deer are on high alert at this point as i can hear them whistleing all around the Forrest come across a little pricket who has spotted me before i seen him as soon as i get sights on him he bolts thats my day was still good to get out none the less strange thing and im not sure if its common but a few times i could hear stags calling i thought they just dis this during rut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭German pointer

First day out for this girl after having the pups. If it wasn't for her I'd still be looking for the deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

First day out for this girl after having the pups. If it wasn't for her I'd still be looking for the deer.

Beauty of a dog man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Happy start to the season.
    Got this lad this morning, Sika Spiker, lovely fresh morning, with loads of animals out and about

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=489697&stc=1&d=1567371108

Happy start to the season.
    Got this lad this morning, Sika Spiker, lovely fresh morning, with loads of animals out and about

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=489686&stc=1&d=1567361843

Nothing showing mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Nothing showing mate

Should be fixed now.

Should be fixed now.

Still nothing man.
    It’s telling me it’s an invalid attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Out on the deer yesterday morning and evening. Saw 5 in the morning, but no males, and saw nothing in the evening at all. Odd thing was, that I didnt hear one other shot around me during both outings, was expecting to be nearly diving for cover :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

All does, no bucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

All does, no bucks

Same here!

Anyone get out on the duck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Shot 1 teal saw a lot of mallard lots of birds about no point going mad on opening day

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Shot 1 teal saw a lot of mallard lots of birds about no point going mad on opening day

Well said mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Met 6 deer in the morning no shots presented though. Being it started on a Sunday I was expecting people everywhere but never met 1 more person even though last year in the same area I met 10 other people shooting deer too!!! Went after duck then met around 50 mallard in total and shot 3. Got a nice pricket then out grazing in the evening sun And picked up a pair of foxes for good measure on my rounds too. All in all it was a good opening day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Eddie B

grassroot1 wrote: »

So ya missed a hape then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Eddie B wrote: »

No i was being the perfect conservationist:D
    good man Eddie a rub is as good as a cut delivered at the right speed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Eddie B wrote: »

In fairness the lad hit a Teal, which in no mean feat compared to a harvest fat mallard;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Birdnuts wrote: »
    In fairness the lad hit a Teal, which in no mean feat compared to a harvest fat mallard;)

Was only pulling his leg. Yea much prefer teal myself. More testing shot, and taste nicer too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Anyone else wonder about the bag sizes or number of Stags/Bucks shot not only on the opening week, but the time of year for the shooting of them?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

Cass wrote: »
    Anyone else wonder about the bag sizes or number of Stags/Bucks shot not only on the opening week, but the time of year for the shooting of them?

Yes, it's never enough

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

My first stag this year.i find that the deer are very deep in the woods this year.loads of doe and calves about.shot this lad at 250 yards and couple of minutes later as I was trying to cross the river this fox came out ten yards from my stag, so I shot him.ive never seen this before or probably never will but it put a smile on my face.the drag back took it away though.lol

My picture didn't upload.will try at home

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

My first stag this year.i find that the deer are very deep in the woods this year.loads of doe and calves about.shot this lad at 250 yards and couple of minutes later as I was trying to cross the river this fox came out ten yards from my stag, so I shot him.ive never seen this before or probably never will but it put a smile on my face.the drag back took it away though.lol

Advertisement