Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thank god this first batch has missed us wont be so lucky tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suns out now in Arklow after a very wet morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back to a familiar sight of a water logged driveway and garden. We've had so much rain since September 20th, it doesn't take much rainfall to flood the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Stunning day in North Laois. All morning til now.
    And still a cracking day ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 13/10/19
    gANErfJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry cool and clear here in Castlebar with a lovely Moon on the rise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I see met eirann have changed there yellow weather warning slightly.

10 mm last 3 hours in athenry
    Looks like the really heavy stuff might miss though ......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another day. More rain. Sigh.

ZX7R wrote: »
    I see met eirann have changed there yellow weather warning slightly.

Not much point having Wicklow in it so far anyway
    Suns peeping in Arklow
    Just 2.4mm so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain here at Dunshaughlin yet again. 3 weeks of very wet conditions in a row now and what is turning into a prolonged unsettled spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

We had 4 consecutive drier than average Octobers from 2015 to 2018 so a wet October was more than overdue to me.

October last year was very wet in Arklow
    As was November
    This ones dryer even though its wet!
    Suns out here at the moment
    Cloud on hills to the west like lead though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy rain in cork city, drains all blocked with leaves so plenty of flooding around the place as we drive. Crazy, should be cleared when a warning is given.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    We had 4 consecutive drier than average Octobers from 2015 to 2018 so a wet October was more than overdue to me.

unfortunately it's arrived off the back of a wet August and extremely wet September. Fingers crossed for a dry November, if these downpours continue all the way to December there could be some substantial flooding as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Typical irish weather...pure depression:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

TooGars wrote: »
    Rotten morning in cork city, been raining for about 20 minutes (possibly more during the night) and looks like it will continue all afternoon. Heavy enough too

Dont you mean 20 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly 18mm of rain so far in Castlebar and 110mm for the month, we have only had 3 sub 100mm Octobers in 33 years.

1993, 2015 and 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Xenji wrote: »
    Nearly 18mm of rain so far in Castlebar and 110mm for the month, we have only had 3 sub 100mm Octobers in 33 years.

1993, 2015 and 2016.

Worst day in a long time

Dunsany is already sitting at 49.3mm up to yesterday, so that doesn't include last night or today's downpours. Plenty more rain to come over the next 1 to 2 weeks so 100mm will probably be achieved here for the 3rd month in a row.

If that happens, I'm certain it's fairly rare for Dunsany to achieve 3 consecutive months of more than 100mm of rain per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not bad in Kildare now with the sun shining

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wouldn't be surprised if there is or will be flooding in parts where the rain is persistent.
    When we get bits of the rain here in Kilkenny, it is very heavy, so it can;t be good where the colours are showing heavy, persistent rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Unreal rain in tipp the last few hours,absolutely bucketing down,fields saturated to the last

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    unfortunately it's arrived off the back of a wet August and extremely wet September. Fingers crossed for a dry November, if these downpours continue all the way to December there could be some substantial flooding as time goes on.

November has one of the highest-lowest monthly rainfall records so not very hopeful for it personally. November 2018 was bad enough (although not record breaking) for wet conditions so something drier at least here is more likely than not I’d say. I won’t hold my breath though..

Currently dry in Dublin after overnight rain with peaks of the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Am I correct in thinking we had very wet conditions before it turned very cold in 2009. wishful thinking I know

odyboody wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking we had very wet conditions before it turned very cold in 2009. wishful thinking I know

It was indeed. Pretty bad flooding in places especially the midlands and west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It's ok now after a horrendous morning Dublin 5.

odyboody wrote: »

Very wet followed by very cold
    No thanks
    We deserve a prolonged dry and mild spell now after 3 months of absolute ****e
    Is it ok to write off the summer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Rivers in some parts of the country(especially the Shannon) must be fairly high now in comparison to what they usually would be at this time of the year

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Very wet followed by very cold
    No thanks
    We deserve a prolonged dry and mild spell now after 3 months of absolute ****e
    Is it ok to write off the summer yet?

Totally agree. Dry and Mild would be just what the doctor ordered!

Advertisement