Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales v Ireland 31/8/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Deplorable. Again. Against a ragbag Welsh side. Particularly inept after the yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well thank goodness that's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 PinaKolada

Well this has done nothing to improve confidence for the world cup. They really needed to perform after last week and they've struggled badly to close out that game when they should have been out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

Looked scared out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

very poor

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Also, those having a go at Best. He’s made 12 tackles so far. Only Henderson has made more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not a single smile from any of the Irish camp, they know themselves that was sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Jack Carty MOTM????????????????? Did I miss something?????

not sure what if anything can be taken from that debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I dont disagree that some names have been absent but you cant say its just a coincedence that we are in complete control until they made the changes. And I just dont see Best being a leader

You don't see Best as a leader?

I'll be as polite as possible, but are you new to watching Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

LOL. MOTM Carty. A game of two halves from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Right very interesting moment, Best and Toner cannot afford to let the standard drop one bit, cos it'll stick out like a sore thumb and increase pressure on Best.

I'll just leave this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Players that will be happy today: Aki, Ryan (James), Marmion, Scannell, Porter, Conway, Stockdale

Players that won't: Conan, Beirne, Furlong, Best, Beirne, Farrell and Beirne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Jesus Shane Williams on the booze early

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Faugheen wrote: »
    Best has won two turnovers since coming in.

Much bigger issues in this game. Where is Tadhg Beirne for example?

I dont disagree that some names have been absent but you cant say its just a coincedence that we are in complete control until they made the changes. And I just dont see Best being a leader

12 tackles made since coming in.

How on Earth did Shane Williams come to the conclusion that Carty was MOTM? Bundee our best player by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kuang1 wrote: »
    And it's Carty. ;)

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 PinaKolada

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Faugheen wrote: »
    Best has won two turnovers since coming in.

Much bigger issues in this game. Where is Tadhg Beirne for example?

According to some on Twitter Beirne has been amazing. I think Beirne has played himself off the plane.

I actually forgot he was playing. Think I heard his name once when he carried near the Welsh line around 60 minute mark.

Farrell the same. Anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

vienne86 wrote: »
    Jack Carty MOTM????????????????? Did I miss something?????
    Puzzling

Would have gone for Kilcoyne but he did go off a long time ago

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Killer looks fine there.

The squad announcement will be entertaining for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ireland win against Wales at home. Both second string sides. Ireland owned the first half, Wales the second. Be loads of people reacting to that game like it is a loss but there was positives there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I have to say I thought Toner looked like he was running in treacle for a few of those restarts after coming on fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

KaneToad wrote: »
    Players that will be happy today: Aki, Ryan (James), Marmion, Scannell, Porter, Conway, Stockdale

Players that won't: Conan, Beirne, Furlong, Best, Beirne, Farrell and Beirne.

Beirne can't catch a break, doubly dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

clsmooth wrote: »
    I have to say I thought Toner looked like he was running in treacle for a few of those restarts after coming on fresh

Toner always looks like that

Kilcoyne, Stockdale and Aki our best today. Addison and Conway good

Farrell and Beirne in big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

When is the squad announced? Tomorrow or after last warm up game?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I see the knees are jerking already. This was a much improved performance over last week. We were defensively solid for the first 50 minutes and although a few scores were a bit lucky, we still did well to take them. James Ryan and Dave Kilcoyne put in monster shifts in the first half and Jack Carty was very solid in the first 40 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

McGrath's tackle on the line saved an embarrassing defeat.

The fact it was better than last week doesn't detract from how concerning it was tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Killer looks fine there.

The squad announcement will be entertaining for sure.

I would imagine that performance cemented his place on the plane. With Porter clearly providing cover, McGrath’s chances are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ireland win against Wales at home. Both second string sides. Ireland owned the first half, Wales the second. Be loads of people reacting to that game like it is a loss but there was positives there.

In fairness, it was a huge improvement on last week. Yes, they had a bad 25 minutes or so in the second half but a win is a win.

• Advertisement

Assuming the firsts run out next week or close to it, it’ll be more concerning if we’re poor there than in a second team match

Advertisement