Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

On the plus side it looks like the improved charging curve works from 2.4

Now we just need more HPCs

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mines getting 2.4 today. Was giving a Tiago as a replacement. I must test the charging curve over the weekend

edit: disaster , misses bought the loaner back and they said it had scratches on the bumper and wanted a couple of hundred. After a few tears they let her off

they days they couldn’t do the full update as there’s an after market camera ( the City had no reverse camera ) they think it’ll need another half day.

three warning lights up, no navigation or cruise control.

told her that it’d be another 25 minutes as they were washing and hoovering it. They css as me back with the keys and had never washed it or hoovered it

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Post 2.4 install Battery life sees a difference in the curve, Furkan sees no change at all …..

wonder why the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Furkan has an ID.4 so 77kWh battery

Battery Life has a 58kWh ID.3 which has a max of 100kW on v2.3

So there's that difference and I think the ID.4 already charges at 125kW before 2.4? Yes/No?

I think the increase in charge speed for the 77kWh battery was to take it from 125kW to 135kW, so not a big change, and you still need to have the battery warm and a low SoC.... maybe Furkan didn't do that or just didn't notice the slight increase?

• Advertisement

That must be it.

ID.4 gets 125kW already and must only get the updated curve with 3.0. It’s supposedly a flatter curve so although only goes to 135kW it stays higher for longer and is supposed to take 5-8 minutes off the 0-80% time.

Until I see it myself in my own car and in Ireland, I’m not expecting much of a difference at all.

Tbh I've noticed Furkan seems to have a lot of issues getting his ID.4 to charge at max speed. He seems to end up with a cold battery or SOC too high or something

But also the main difference with the charging curve on the 77kWh is that it stays at a high power for longer, not so much the peak power increasing to 135kW

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

Here is my recent use of the fast charger, the max I got at the start is just 97kW, and then as expected getting lower and lower output, the full charge from around 10% to 100% took 65 minutes. Average power output is 20.8kW. Software is on 3.0.

I’m sure the average speed to 80% was much faster. Then the last 20%, no point paying Ionity prices for that 20%

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

How is the average power calculated? You got 70 kWh in an hour, the last 20 minutes must have been close to zero power delivered.

Why did it take an hour?

Who waits an hour?

Was this free units or something?

• Advertisement

Another OTA update today, about OTA updates.

Just like buses …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah the car pushed it through this evening when I got in

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

465km on a full charge. It's been a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭micks_address

ran its pretty tight on Saturday... down to 6 percent battery.. was heading home so i figured id be safe enough - range left was 37km.. driving back from belfast to north dublin in the rain saturday evening seemed to eat a bit more range than i expected.. i dropped back to 110kmph and turned off ac etc.. was definitely my first experience of range anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Have the car a week now and absolutely love it. So comfortable to drive and love some of the little features like the lane assist.

Ran it down from 95% to 18% over the last week and drove 348km so achieved 17.2kWh/100km. Relatively happy with that.

Plugged it into the home charger for the first time last night (EO Mini Pro 2) and it still hasn't reached 80%. I seem to remember when the charger was installed, the installer dialled back the current on it so I might take the cover off and have a look at that later. Easy enough job to adjust the power rating.

One question regarding the WeConnect app - I assume the "charging at home" section in my profile relates to an Elli charger? When I click on it, it says something has gone wrong or looks like it is loading and then boots me back to logging in or creating an account for that section of the app.

yeah its for the eli charger - i have one and to be honest you are not missing much :) the we connect app should show you the power your car in kw its getting from the eo - should be 7kw.. although at my parents i only get 6kw but its still grand.. 10 hours overnight gets me pretty much full and im never that low anyway

Yeah the WeConnect app is showing I'm only getting 4kW from the charger yet the EO app is saying I'm charging at 8kW. The EO app is a load of s***e anyway. I've always had issues with it. I don't think the CT clamp was correctly sized. Definitely need to open it up later and adjust the rotary switch inside it. Better check the breaker on the fuseboard for the charger first though! Almost sure it's at least 40a.

have you a heat pump , electric shower, electric hobs etc?

you need to ensure the CT is working for the load balancing to work. You don’t want to overload the main fuse.

I seem to remember when the charger was installed, the installer dialled back the current on it...

If he did that, he did it for a reason. Talk to him first before you go changing it as it could be dangerous to simply increase it.

What rate (in kW) is it currently delivering to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would check the voltage at your parents house. I have noticed that the voltage drops at our house between about 12 and 1am, often down to about 217V or a little less (Reported by my Model 3). Our Zappi shows 7kW, but the car reports 6kW (Probably a rounded figure after losses, car only shows to nearest kW)

As I write, the ESB have installed a meter in our box to check Voltage irregularities over a few week period.

• Advertisement

ah its fine.. if i was using it a bit more frequently i might check it out. Its just a super convenience to be able to charge on a saturday night if we stay over and head back to dublin the next day with a full battery

Charger is currently delivering approx 4.4kW to the car. I'm almost certain I remember the installer saying he limited the charger to that amount because the old car was a PHEV with a 6kWh battery and he limited the charger for that reason. 🤔

It doesn't matter that the charge point can deliver 7kW's if you connect a 3.6kW car... the car is in control and will decide what it wants to pull so it will only pull 3.6kW if that's all its capable of.

If he limited it because that's the limit of the cabling and the RCBO in your consumer unit then you need to talk to him and see what to do next. Don't just increase the current without talking to him first. Maybe he was just being cautious and you can just flip it up to 32A but check first as he also may need to put in a priority switch if you have other high powered devices like an electric shower or a heat pump.

Thanks, yep will have to try and track down the installer or installation records to see if they can shed some light on it. No heat pump or electric shower in the house though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ElectricD

Got a 1 year old ID4 last week. Ex demo model from a VW dealer. We love it but have noticed a couple of weird issues.

First is that the road speed limits seems to be wrong in a lot of places. For example it randomly goes to 80 kmh on the M1 and in ACC mode the car throws out the anchor which is a bit dangerous.

the second is that the wireless charging pad doesn’t work for mine or my wife’s iPhones (which support wireless charging).

The software is still on v2.0. Is that causing the issue or have others experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hold my beer

If it's a 1st edition the wireless charger doesn't work. It looks exactly like the one that does work in other VW cars. Annoying, as it's handy. I rarely ever use ACC, those sudden speed changes being one reason. The take off when ya go to a greater speed limit is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

There’s a setting to turn that off, worked for me. I must go into it and see what setting it was again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

1st Edition doesn't have wireless charging (but the Max does).

That's a known issue with the speed limit detection but, to be fair, it's the same with any/most cars. The ID4 is the third car I've driven with speed limit detection and it's definitely the best, displaying the correct limit probably 75% of the time - my wife's Peugeot just displays three dashes (i.e. car doesn't have a clue what the limit is) half the time! (Which is why the EU's plans to make cars obey the limit automatically worry me - garbage in, garbage out as it were).

posted on 4/8

• Advertisement

I thought ESB allowed 10% variation in voltage before it was considered a problem for them?

Advertisement