Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one that got away. Sigh.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭randd1

FFVII wrote: »
    Yea, we had this a few times already and it wasn't funny then either. Pg1 is that way <<<<<<<<

I'd ban you for that sh1t.

I beg to differ, jokes like that can be very funny if done right.

As for banning, perhaps you could lighten up and take things as they were meant instead of the holier than thou approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

she turned out to be a man?

Definitely not but at this stage I'd take a rattle even if she/he was !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

One shouldn't dwell on the past, or the future

maybe its lockdown driving me crazy but i remember another 'one that got away'.
    Preston,England 96/97. She used to come into the bar I worked in. I cant get her out of my mind lately. Driving me demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

bitofabind wrote: »
    @A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, it sounds like you were going through some dark stuff at the time. And it just wasn't the right time to be with this lady. So much of this is timing.

i think we can tend to romanticise the "connections" too, as they can seem so rare, but retrospectively i don't think that's usually the core ingredient that binds two people together in the longterm. it's more about the willingness to commit to each other and compatibility on teh more boring stuff. feeling a connection is the lovely chemicals, but without the other boring stuff its largely just a fleeting thing and no indicator of a real lasting love potential.

No, he sounds like a coward who was afraid of fcuking up a great relationship by mistake so he opted to balls it up on purpose.

• Advertisement

No, he sounds like a coward who was afraid of fcuking up a great relationship by mistake so he opted to balls it up on purpose.

I can relate to that. Rather than jump into unknown territory, run away to your safe place. Singledom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

One night I met somebody in The Bailey in Cork.(It was sort of a late bar and closed now).
    She was sort of a friend of a friend.
    We met at the bar and it was quite noisy and ended up in sort of a very quite smoking area where we basically chatted for the night and shared some personal stories about our lives.
    I think we went for food afterwords.
    It almost felt like the park scene from Notting Hill.
    I could have kept it going.
    I felt not good enough for her tough to be honest and thought she'd have a better life without me.
    So, I didn't stay in contact with her.

Hopefully she met a better speller...

CoBo55 wrote: »

Or someone who isn't a grammar nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

cj maxx wrote: »
    Or someone who isn't a grammar nazi

Calling me names doesn't excuse bad spelling.
    This has to be the most childish thread on boards some posters need to do a serious amount of growing up starting by throwing those rose tinted glasses in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

She probably did.

Your post tough shows the type of person you are tough. You can read all this thread and that's all you can come out with.

• Advertisement

Calling me names doesn't excuse bad spelling.
    This has to be the most childish thread on boards some posters need to do a serious amount of growing up starting by throwing those rose tinted glasses in the bin.

3 spelling mistakes?
    Easily done with predictive text

Advertisement