Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Pot Cooker 60% off on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have 2 IPs - both Duo, but the older one has the Adjust button and the newer one just has + and -, which do the same job.

As for Facebook, I just have an account for groups like the IP one - make up a name and attach a unique email address to it for handiness. I can't be bothered with any other FB feature, but the groups are great :D The IP one has great recipes and information in the files - well worth being on it until one gets to grips with the pot.

Can't figure out how to set up a made-up FB account... they want phone numbers and your picture and all that.. phooo... too intrusive...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

vidapura wrote: »
    Can't figure out how to set up a made-up FB account... they want phone numbers and your picture and all that.. phooo... too intrusive...

My 'photo' is so blurred that my nearest and dearest wouldn't recognise me! And I hope they never have to phone me on the number I gave them ... no idea who owns it! I have one email address for FB and nothing else :pac: As for my date of birth - I wish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

In Lidl from Mon 23rd!

1000w multi-functional pressure cooker 5.6L - €59.99

Can't post pic, too large. In the latest brochure

Bumping this

Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
    https://www.lidl.ie/p/p33580?productId=33580&countryCode=IE

My 'photo' is so blurred that my nearest and dearest wouldn't recognise me! And I hope they never have to phone me on the number I gave them ... no idea who owns it! I have one email address for FB and nothing else :pac: As for my date of birth - I wish!!!

Ahh they musta got wiser .. cos now they want a phone number to text a confirmation code to etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Bumping this

Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
    https://www.lidl.ie/p/p33580?productId=33580&countryCode=IE

Bought this and only got around to using it today. Did steamed potatoes. Burnt the bloody pot! Hadn't closed the vent properly so the steam escaped while cooking and the water evaporated. Bit difficult to know which is open and which is closed. Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bought this and only got around to using it today. Did steamed potatoes. Burnt the bloody pot! Hadn't closed the vent properly so the steam escaped while cooking and the water evaporated. Bit difficult to know which is open and which is closed. Any tips?

on the IP it's indicated on the vent, but you would notice if you hadn't closed it as it would never come to pressure and you'd see quite a bit of steam escaping, which you don't see when it's sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

loyatemu wrote: »
    on the IP it's indicated on the vent, but you would notice if you hadn't closed it as it would never come to pressure and you'd see quite a bit of steam escaping, which you don't see when it's sealed.

I knew it wasn't closed because of all the steam. I find it hard to know when it's closed or open as it feels the same when you push the button :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Had issues myself with steam escaping.
    I got the instant pot from Amazon in the opening post.

I closed/tightened the lid and the display going to on but steam seems to escape out the side and the water evaporates and pot gets burned.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I closed/tightened the lid and the display going to on but steam seems to escape out the side and the water evaporates and pot gets burned.

if it's escaping out the side then there may be an issue with the silicone ring in the lid, check it's properly seated (it is removable for cleaning).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is it out the side? It’s not the valve?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is it out the side? It’s not the valve?

Ya out the side.

I reseated the silicon ring yesterday as was suggested and it worked fine after that but today it's back to leaking out the sides again.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Ya out the side.

I reseated the silicon ring yesterday as was suggested and it worked fine after that but today it's back to leaking out the sides again.

Checking the seal needs to be done automatically every time. Takes seconds because it's easy to unseat it when taking off the lid. Ditto with ensuring the seal is correct - a bit like mirror, signal, maneuver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

At least a fortnight after the InstantPot came in the mail, I'm finally cooking something in it. So I'm hovering on the other side of the kitchen, ready to duck if it all goes wrong. What I find unnerving is how quiet it is when it's reaching the required pressure.

Checking the seal needs to be done automatically every time. Takes seconds because it's easy to unseat it when taking off the lid. Ditto with ensuring the seal is correct - a bit like mirror, signal, maneuver.

worth taking the ring out after each use and washing it or throwing it in the dishwasher, as it absorbs the smell of whatever you're cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Anyone have a link to the new instant pot app .apk file? The play store is saying that it is not available in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

any thoughts on the Instant Pot Duo + Air Fryer yet? Keen to not plunge for the regular pot when I know the wife wants an air fryer also. But don't want a gimmick appliance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

podge018 wrote: »
    any thoughts on the Instant Pot Duo + Air Fryer yet? Keen to not plunge for the regular pot when I know the wife wants an air fryer also. But don't want a gimmick appliance either.

Is it on sale here yet? Cant see it on amazon.co.uk but it is on amazon.com under the Instant Pot Duo Crisp name and it has 44,000 odd reviews and gets 4.5 out of 5
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=instant+pot+duo+crisp&crid=3C0WGORV0FK6B&sprefix=instant+pot+duo+%2Caps%2C343&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_16

Seriously?

Thats mad Ted !

Next thing you know twill incorporate a microwave as well !!!
    :D:Dd

Air fryer version not available in Europe until later this year apparently.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is it on sale here yet? Cant see it on amazon.co.uk but it is on amazon.com under the Instant Pot Duo Crisp name and it has 44,000 odd reviews and gets 4.5 out of 5
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=instant+pot+duo+crisp&crid=3C0WGORV0FK6B&sprefix=instant+pot+duo+%2Caps%2C343&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_16

amazon.com are telling me they'll ship to Ireland. A lot of them reviews are for the regular pot. I've read the fryer included specific reviews and they're mostly glowing, but was hoping for some more cynical Irish views. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

amazon.com are telling me they'll ship to Ireland. A lot of them reviews are for the regular pot. I've read the fryer included specific reviews and they're mostly glowing, but was hoping for some more cynical Irish views. :D
    120V version! Plug it in here and you'll fry it (heh)

ah, never crossed my mind. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

See this third party lid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mealthy-CrispLid-220v-Electric-Pressure/dp/B07VGN5PF6

hqdefault.jpg
    TRANSFORM YOUR PRESSURE COOKER INTO AN AIR FRYER: air fry, broil, and crisp directly in the stainless steel pot of your electric pressure cooker. Includes UK and EU power Cord.

I've read that they will be launching an official air fryer lid here in Europe probably towards the middle of the year. Using the lid above will invalidate your warranty on the instant pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I've read that they will be launching an official air fryer lid here in Europe probably towards the middle of the year. Using the lid above will invalidate your warranty on the instant pot.

I worried about the temp rating of the components, the saute mode only goes up to 160C.

If they are releasing their own which goes to 200C then I doubt there is any way to tell you have used this one.

It appears to be a halogen light and I would prefer a regular element.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭893bet

Anyone miss out on this deal that would like to buy my one?

Ashamed to say I took it out of the box....put it on the press. And never used it. Not even once. Didn’t have time to learn how to use so just didn’t bother.

Limerick/Athlone area for meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

893bet wrote: »
    Anyone miss out on this deal that would like to buy my one?

Ashamed to say I took it out of the box....put it on the press. And never used it. Not even once. Didn’t have time to learn how to use so just didn’t bother.

Limerick/Athlone area for meet up.

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The instant pot duo crisp is now available for pre-order from:

https://www.instantpot.co.uk/product/duo-crisp-air-fryer-8l/

It's £179 so a good bit more expensive than the £129 the Ninja Foodie was going for at one stage in this thread, and triple the price of the instant pot in this Bargain Alert when the deal is on. It does come with a pair of silicone mitts though :pac:

All pre-orders will be shipped w/c 6 July 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

£179 is quite the opening price. I bet it will be down to £129 for Black Friday and then probably £59 the following Black Friday lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Haha, I don't know, it's $179 on amazon.com so £179 doesn't sound too far off.

I just noticed there's an actual air fryer lid attachment for the 6qt instant pots, I know there was a third party one mentioned earlier in the thread that fits, but this one is by instant pot themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Air-Fryer-One-Touch/dp/B07VF7J5VQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2FLQ6RN6S1SKY&dchild=1&keywords=duo%2Bcrisp%2Binstant%2Bpot&qid=1593300580&sprefix=duo%2Bcri%2Caps%2C241&sr=8-3&th=1

Advertisement