Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Pot Cooker 60% off on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Sorry to drag this up. Anyone having problems with the Lidl version? Has been working fine for me until this week. Got an E4 error. Rang their support line in Germany but they have none in stock and don't know when they'll be getting them in. Really miss it. I use it nearly every day. Don't want to bring it back for a refund. Anyone experienced this error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have you Googled what the E4 error is or found it in the instruction manual?

If you cant get it to work a refund might be your best option because you could be waiting months and months for them to come up on special again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have you Googled what the E4 error is or found it in the instruction manual?

If you cant get it to work a refund might be your best option because you could be waiting months and months for them to come up on special again.

Yes I googled, could be a number of things. Tried all the options but no joy. They're not in stock in Germany. They're waiting for them to come in but don't know when.

You might have to wait until Lidl want to sell them again on special. Probably impossible to know when but it could be winter when people are cooking stews, soups, etc.

If its something you were using everyday you might be better off buying a new one from Amazon and getting the refund from Lidl. Unless they can tell you for certain when it is back in stock then you could be without one for months till it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This is available again for 74.99 sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This is available again for 74.99 sterling

Limited quantity or what? Big secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 macker46

I have one of these 3 years, its the best gadget I have ever purchased and use it 3/4 times a week. They have a new version out that has an airfryer lid on it so its both a pressure cooker and an airfryer. If I was buying one i'd go for the new version

macker46 wrote: »
    I have one of these 3 years, its the best gadget I have ever purchased and use it 3/4 times a week. They have a new version out that has an airfryer lid on it so its both a pressure cooker and an airfryer. If I was buying one i'd go for the new version

You can buy the lid separately on this i think ? Saw one on adverts for 99 EUR

yeah you can get an after market lid to turn it into an airfryer. The combi version is called Instant Port Duo Crisp and just got released last month in the UK at an eye watering price of £179.

Be aware though that using an Instant Pot as an airfryer would be less convenient than just using an airfryer itself mainly because of the lid vs drawer set ups. With a lid if you want to shake chips half way through cooking its a multi step process- turn the power off, remove lid, take entire basket (which is raging hot, oven gloves are needed) out to shake the chips, put it back in, lid on and then the power on. Compared to an airfryer where you remove the drawer with one hand, shake it and back in it goes.

It might not sound like a major grievance but years back I had one of those halogen ovens with the fan element in the glass lid. They were great as a mini oven but it was always grief if you wanted to stir food around or else add food half way through cooking. The lid would be raging hot and you need to place it down somewhere, if you hold it one handed in the air while stirring or adding food it was very easy to burn the underside of your forearm with just a small graze of the hot lid. In comparison with the ease of use of the drawer in an arifryer there is no comparison IMO.

Personally Im going to stick with just using a separate Instant Pot and airfryer for that very reason. When the airfryer eventually breaks down I'll buy another one. They are dirt cheap now, Lidl has a Tower airfryer on sale at the moment for 50 euro.

• Advertisement

You can buy the lid separately on this i think ? Saw one on adverts for 99 EUR

It only works in US, no lid for UK/Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

macker46 wrote: »
    It only works in US, no lid for UK/Ireland yet
    amazon were selling one before for our voltage.
    rubadub wrote: »
    I worried about the temp rating of the components, the saute mode only goes up to 160C.

If they are releasing their own which goes to 200C then I doubt there is any way to tell you have used this one.

It appears to be a halogen light and I would prefer a regular element.

amazon were selling one before for our voltage.
    I'm a member of the official instant pot facebook recipe group (sad I know) and they have said that any lids being sold like this are not suitable for use on UK version and will invalidate any warranty. The separate lid is only available in US currently, the Instant Pot Duo crisp is the only thing available here at the moment with arifryer lid and they have said that there are no immediate plans to launch the lid on its own here yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Original is down to £69.99 again for Amazon's current sale: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OP26T4K/

It's only been lower than this (at £59.99) once in the last year, and I think that was in or around Black Friday: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00OP26T4K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Stumbled across this thread when searching for ninja foodie reviews. I didn’t know IP did a multi cooker until today. Does anyone have any experience of both? I’m trying to decide if I should buy one or other (or neither) of them. Tight on space, so I don’t want to buy a bulky gadget if I won’t use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Dear God! I just realised I bought this because of this thread a year ago.
    And I still haven't taken it out of its box!

I could've left the money in the bank and I'd be €0.0070 better off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

jlm29 wrote: »
    Stumbled across this thread when searching for ninja foodie reviews. I didn’t know IP did a multi cooker until today. Does anyone have any experience of both? I’m trying to decide if I should buy one or other (or neither) of them. Tight on space, so I don’t want to buy a bulky gadget if I won’t use it!

Can only comment on the Ninja but I had the same concerns before buying it but I use it close to every day now. The air fryer works surprisingly well and has replaced the oven for lots of things. The timer function on these things is also super handy so I can let it do its thing while I get other stuff done. It's big though. It has a permanent place on the counter. Trying to take it out and put it away wouldn't work. Maybe the IP would work better for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

dowtchaboy wrote: »

The Bargain Alerts curse strikes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

dowtchaboy wrote: »

You're not taking into account how much you saved by buying it on sale back then :D

• Advertisement

On other peoples Instant Pot when you press the saute button is it just sauteing for 3 minutes and then knocking itself off? I dont remember it doing that before but it did tonight with a 3 minute countdown. Maybe I pressed something else by accident but was wondering if it is the same for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

On other peoples Instant Pot when you press the saute button is it just sauteing for 3 minutes and then knocking itself off? I dont remember it doing that before but it did tonight with a 3 minute countdown. Maybe I pressed something else by accident but was wondering if it is the same for others?

Mine sautes for 30 minutes by default, as it always has. I never changed the timer ever, but there may be a possibility that using the + or - in the past (or mistakenly) changed this for you?

Does it show 3 minutes on the display? I know if mine gets too hot before I put anything in there, it shuts off but the display will show 'HOT' first.

Edit: I just checked mine and you can use the + or - button when you turn it on first to adjust the time up or down.

Thanks RoBoYo, it just checked it there and yeah I was able to get it back up to 30 minutes using the plus button. I dont know how it got down to 3 minutes in the first place as I definitely didnt do that myself but have it sorted now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It will remember your last setting, which I find handy most of the time.

Parcel Motel to their lockers or Address Pal to your door would do the trick. Be aware the 27th is Black Friday and the prices of Instant Pots have always been reduced on this day in the past few years. Likes of Argos might also have a discount of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

A word of warning for anyone thinking of ordering one to Parcel Motel. My Amazon delivery ended up being oversized and I ended up having to pay a total of €14 to get it delivered from their depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Parcel Motel to their lockers or Address Pal to your door would do the trick. Be aware the 27th is Black Friday and the prices of Instant Pots have always been reduced on this day in the past few years. Likes of Argos might also have a discount of them too.

they will be around 59.99 similar to the Prime day deal. I picked mine up, no need for address pal, Prime had free shipping to Dublin.

defo buy the extra pot- for if you get the dreded burn function, totally worth it.
    I use mine all the time!

I'm holding out this year for the 8 litre IP with the air fryer lid as an addition to my collection. I like the idea of browning roasts and chickens in the pot and the larger size will be useful. It has a dehydrator function that I'm keen to try out.

I'm having to part with one of my duos as a Xmas present for a family member - there's just no room in my kitchen for them all. The air fryer version is not in stock but I'm hoping it's there by Black Friday.

I definitely agree with getting an extra liner. Don't bother with the so-called non-stick ceramic version. I have it and it's no more non-stick than the stainless steel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I'm holding out this year for the 8 litre IP with the air fryer lid as an addition to my collection. I like the idea of browning roasts and chickens in the pot and the larger size will be useful. It has a dehydrator function that I'm keen to try out.

I'm having to part with one of my duos as a Xmas present for a family member - there's just no room in my kitchen for them all. The air fryer version is not in stock but I'm hoping it's there by Black Friday.

I definitely agree with getting an extra liner. Don't bother with the so-called non-stick ceramic version. I have it and it's no more non-stick than the stainless steel one.

What's the idea of the extra pot? I always get the burn sign when doing a chili.

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    What's the idea of the extra pot? I always get the burn sign when doing a chili.

Well, it means you don't have to wash one pot out while you continue cooking.

However, there's a good way of avoiding the burn, especially when making anything with tinned tomatoes. Always leave the tomatoes until just before you're closing the lid, pour on top and DON'T stir! Never get burn now.

Advertisement