Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting Public Sector Job

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Not sure what you mean but are you seriously saying that there isn’t targets in certain sections in the Public Service?

There's target's alright, and that's the clocking out machine at around 16:50...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nthclare wrote: »
    There's target's alright, and that's the clocking out machine at around 16:50...

I work with people just like you. Giving out about the job, management, their colleagues, but you'll never leave cause you'll never have it as good anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He'd be unemployable anywhere else, given his appalling attitude.

I used to work in the Public Sector (have since left) and we wouldn't have got away with that nonsense that nthclare is boasting about. We had targets, what we did was measured and people who were slacking off got pulled up over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

If you joined the public sector before 2013 then leave for a period of more than six months, when you return to the public service you will be joining the new Single pension scheme where benefits are not as favourable. Your previous service will be preserved of course on the old scheme but anything from now to retirement would be based on career average contributions, and not service as with the older schemes.
    Just something to bear in mind too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Rikand wrote: »
    I work with people just like you. Giving out about the job, management, their colleagues, but you'll never leave cause you'll never have it as good anywhere else.

If you read my posts you'll realise, Im coming from observation rather than at that craic myself.

I work hard and always complete my work and keep on top of it.

My remark about the clock machine is me just being sarcastic.

You're a bit like the fake news you'll hear people talking about these days.

Cherry picking post's and making a headline out of it to go along with your own agenda.
    But that's ok with me, you're entitled to twist things after all it's an internet forum and we're all incognito or anonymous...

Everyone has issues now and again with colleagues and management.

It's quite obvious to me you're responding in a "you're a very bold lad" attitude and more than likely up to the eye ball's in it.

I have a trade in the public sector, I studied for 4 years and have a lot of experience behind me.

I work in dangerous situations, climb a lot using heavy duty machinery etc

I actually love my job, would you climb up a rope with a small chainsaw hanging off your waist be able to saw down branches after a big storm in the pissing rain on a November's morning....

Shredding branches into a chipper, then off somewhere else to maybe clear another road.

Wading through a river to get to the other side to clear over hanging tree's, and sleet slapping you with a cutting easterly wind...

I have all of the ppe and enjoy the hardship of it, work hard and it's satisfying.
    I don't mind hardship, it's in my DNA and I don't mind getting my hands dirty or wet
    Get the flu jab every year, so I'm hardly ever out sick....

I think some of ye are judging me with your own conclusions, rather than asking me about what the job entails...

I don't think many would do it working outdoors for a lot of the year....

• Advertisement
Advertisement