Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck or Deer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

Cass wrote: »
    So what are ye going for on the 1st?

First deer season for me, so very excited. Although I don’t expect to get a whole pile but 1 would do me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Venison all the way.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Currently my only decent Duck permission is on a m8's turlough land in Mayo - usually have to wait till October most years to get decent numbers of Widgeon etc. to come in with the first heavy autumnal rains

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

I'll be after the ducks because I'm not kitted out for the deer yet. I love the thrill of walked up shooting.

Deer stalking would put more meat on the table but there's alot more work in it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

Depends how we get on the Saturday. Putting out and filling the feeders for the pheasants and partridges. If that goes to plan and frees me for Sunday then, start with the deer and down to the river after for a chance of a duck. But an awful lot of ducks need to line up for that to happen!
    Mallards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Deer for me, looking forward to a hill stalk, but if that doesn't work out an evening in the high seat will be an alternative.
    The ducks will wait for later, I'll try my luck on a brace of Grouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭clivej

Only ever Deer for me. I'm hoping that the farm will be good this year because towards the end of last season they had cut all the trees adjoining the farm boundery.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Woodcock shot

Duck for me, I’ve teal in here already coming to feed on ponds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Cass wrote: »
    So what are ye going for on the 1st?

Deer in the morning,duck in the evening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'll be for deer myself. Haven't been Duck shooting in a few years. there were a nice few on a small pond on one of my permissions but some utter "so & so" that has since been ran (trespassing) cleared them out.

I purposely left them alone in the hope they'd remain, but as usual it's always one dick that is trigger happy and no forethought for future shooting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Duck for me never started stalking though I have an interest in it. Maybe next year. I will be out in the morning and the evening. I might shoot at a bird and I might not but I am sure its another opening day I will enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

�� Deer first, I won't even look at a �� duck until I have venison in the fridge.

I've only 2 shanks left from last season in the freezer and I'll be making a casserole with that for lunch in the hill on the 1st ����

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Duck in the morning.
    Hopefully a few grouse later.
    Deer midweek.

My dogs are ready. ;)

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

Dama dama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Dama dama

Bona Una!!!!!!!!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

have my driving test this Wednesday so with the help of god i'll pass if i do i'll be gone out for deer at the crack of dawn.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

Hunter456 wrote: »
    have my driving test this Wednesday so with the help of god i'll pass if i do i'll be gone out for deer at the crack of dawn.:D:D:D

I've already made plans for the 1st but if your stuck I'll bring you out on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thomasc4329

Deer for me reds in the morning and fallow for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

Reds until I get 1 stag then back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

I've already made plans for the 1st but if your stuck I'll bring you out on the 2nd.

cheers lad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement