Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In Berlin a few years back people on the dole were offered an extra €50 a week to pick up rubbish off the streets . Did did an hour or so a day in their local area
    It was well supervised and taken up by many .

People in Ireland wouldn’t want dole recipients getting offered any extra money though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

People in Ireland wouldn’t want dole recipients getting offered any extra money though.

we have a culture where people complain about foreigners taking jobs for wages of pittance, jobs the people complaining would not do anyway

so yes, people on the dole making pittance, being offered a little extra to the benefit of society would have more people complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

jaxxx wrote:
    Cancer is a necessary evil. Can you imagine how much more overpopulated we'd be if cancer was eradicated? There aren't many more things keeping the population in check!

What a ****ing disgusting post. Words can't express how vile that statement is.

You should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

jaxxx wrote: »
    Cancer is a necessary evil. Can you imagine how much more overpopulated we'd be if cancer was eradicated? There aren't many more things keeping the population in check!

^^ I say that as a former cancer patient myself.

If this is your opinion then why did you attempt treatment for yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Oh it's a necessary evil... For others...

I'm seriously thinking that is the most heartless and ill thought out post I have ever read on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

In Berlin a few years back people on the dole were offered an extra €50 a week to pick up rubbish off the streets . Did did an hour or so a day in their local area
    It was well supervised and taken up by many .

And what happened to the people that did that job for a living.

The only thing this genius idea does is satisfy some miserable cunts and put people out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Tony EH wrote: »
    And what happened to the people that did that job for a living.

The only thing this genius idea does is satisfy some miserable cunts and put people out of a job.

It didn’t put anyone out of a job . The roads cleaners were redeployed to clear up lakes and rivers . Those on the dole reported illegal dumping to the proper authorities . It got the city cleaned up which is despite your put down a good thing . There were numerous incentives like it which put no one out of a job
    One of them was planting flowers in old folks homes . Far from a bad thing

The roads cleaners were redeployed to clear up lakes and rivers .

And what happened to the people who did that job?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And what happened to the people who did that job?

No one was doing it !! Jeez a good thing happened and a city was cleaned up . ! Don’t you get that ?

No one was doing it !! Jeez a good thing happened and a city was cleaned up . !

There must have been somebody doing it at some point. Rivers don't clean themselves.

Seriously, this idea of getting people on the dole to do work, only puts people who are doing that work already, onto the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jym Smith

Ironicname wrote: »
    What a ****ing disgusting post. Words can't express how vile that statement is.

You should be ashamed.

What a load of nonsense.

Something has to kill people off or the planet would be completely unsustainable (much more so than it already is). What would you prefer everyone dies of starvation due to overpopulation?

The fact is death is a requirement in order for it to be possible for life to exist and cancer is one way of getting rid of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Jym Smith wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense.

Something has to kill people off or the planet would be completely unsustainable (much more so than it already is). What would you prefer everyone dies of starvation due to overpopulation?

The fact is death is a requirement in order for it to be possible for life to exist and cancer is one way of getting rid of us.

Haven't posted in this thread despite being the OP.

My unpopular opinion is that the elites are right in curbing human population. According to conspiracy theorists Alex Jones and David Icke, the population will be culled in this century from 7 billion to around 1.5-2 billion people through the use of hazardous biological or chemical agents. It will be great and mean a less strain on resources along with less third world immigration.

Have to laugh at all the big talk about death being nothing on here. A load of internet wafflers talking bollocks.

They'll all be crying into their pillows begging for more time when the grim reaper comes knocking for them.

Jesus wept, what a train wreck of thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jym Smith

Have to laugh at all the big talk about death being nothing on here. A load of internet wafflers talking bollocks.

They'll all be crying into their pillows begging for more time when the grim reaper comes knocking for them.

Death is a very necessary part of life, I don't think anyone has said they're looking forward to it just that it's necessary part of the life cycle of any species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

Women. Just dont like their pretty little faces and the fact they've separate and other opinions than my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Women. Just dont like their pretty little faces and the fact they've separate and other opinions than my own.

I love their pretty little faces so much so that I'll listen to whatever they say. Women are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Absofuckinglutely. The most tiresome are those who think it’s profound to say “Sure we all die” when it’s the most trite, mindnumbingly banal thing a person can say. Yes, we all die but most people want a long, fruitful life before that happens.

I’m also reminded of the huge gulf of understanding between advanced cancer patients and those who will survive. We don’t get each other at all. Completely different experiences.

What about people who attempt suicide multiple times or suicide terrorists (9/11 hijackers)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

Greyfox wrote: »
    I love their pretty little faces so much so that I'll listen to whatever they say. Women are amazing.

No I'm a woman myself :) was just messing. Seeing from what I thought was someone else's mind but just can't.

I wouldn't say women are amazing. They are very much the same as men imo. I dont make exceptions for either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What about people who attempt suicide multiple times or suicide terrorists (9/11 hijackers)?
    People who are suicidal are severely mentally ill. Suicide bombers are extremists who are convinced they will go to heaven and live eternally. Neither are comparable with the average person who wants to live a long, healthy and full filling life. Having a terminal illness not only takes away your life, it's like having a noose around your neck every day for whatever time you do have left. With the right medical intervention, you can take the noose away from a suicidal person but a terminally ill one gets no choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Absofuckinglutely. The most tiresome are those who think it’s profound to say “Sure we all die” when it’s the most trite, mindnumbingly banal thing a person can say. Yes, we all die but most people want a long, fruitful life before that happens.

Yes, i don't believe there are many humans who genuinely don't fear death. it's easy to say you're not in the abstract, and is most likely a defense mechanism for the most part

I do feel it maybe easier to come to an acceptance about your own end, when it comes your time, if you feel you have lived a happy and fulfilling life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yes, i don't believe there are many humans who genuinely don't fear death. it's easy to say you're not in the abstract, and is most likely a defense mechanism for the most part

I do feel it maybe easier to come to an acceptance about your own end, when it comes your time, if you feel you have lived a happy and fulfilling life.
    A 104 year old Australian David Goodall went to Switzerland last year to end his life. I can understand someone at that age making their peace with death and wanting to go out on their own terms, rather than fading needing round the clock care. That's an extreme case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,302 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think if you knowingly get into a car with drunken driver, dangerous driver or if you don't wear a seat belt and something goes wrong. You shouldn't be made out to be this big victim. I do feel sorry for you but I don't see you as this little innocent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

“I don’t fear death I just fear dying, when I die I won’t know I’m dead.”

The biggest amount of drivel ever, I get where it started and the point they’re making but completely misses the ****ing point. The fact you won’t know you’re dead makes the thought of absolutely petrifying. I say that as someone who is only gone 30 and lost both my parents already. Death is so so scary

“I don’t fear death I just fear dying, when I die I won’t know I’m dead.”

The biggest amount of drivel ever, I get where it started and the point they’re making but completely misses the ****ing point. The fact you won’t know you’re dead makes the thought of absolutely petrifying. I say that as someone who is only gone 30 and lost both my parents already. Death is so so scary

The interesting thing is using recreational drugs removes the fear of death. Heroin, benzos, and alcohol addicts report an apathy towards death when they're rescued from an overdose. No fear whatsoever.

If some business chancer in Ireland came up with a "classic" games console here and managed to pay the licences to the original creator ( say Commodore ) the same chancer could manufacture a piece of $hit.

Then, when customers started complaining, they could be effectively shouted down on radio interviews by so called impartial reviewers, as well as on TV. The chancer could buy sufficient Facebook likes as well.

"Come on guys give xieann some credit! He's a entreprenuuur who's doing something differenttt!! Leave him alone!!!" , 'Professional' impartial retro reviewer on radio interview with sympathetic radio host ( pick your favourite talk radio station)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The interesting thing is using recreational drugs removes the fear of death. Heroin, benzos, and alcohol addicts report an apathy towards death when they're rescued from an overdose. No fear whatsoever.

I've been a recreational user for 28 years and i am incapable of grieving if there's a link there i don't know but i think yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

My unpopular opinion is that the China Credit Score is a good idea and it prevents scumbags from wrecking society. It makes China into a utopia, not a dystopia.

A second opinion is that the Chinese political system of having a benevolent dictator is a better system than ours. They are taking over the world, and they'll take over space too, with space ships, rockets and robots.

When you use a public toilet in any Irish Shopping Mall, as a boards poster, be assured in the knowledge you are one of the better patrons of such facility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Dermot Kennedy should change his name to Kanye Westlife.

Advertisement